Advanced Search

Author Topic: Updating GVH soon - Gimmie yo requests  (Read 59339 times)

August 18, 2010, 08:54:09 AM
Reply #165

Offline Epsilon

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 20, 2010, 09:37:36 AM

• View Profile
Re: Updating GVH soon - Gimmie yo requests
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
OK, just because I'm really desperate, but I always play up against bots and the problem with jitterskull is he keeps teleporting between 2 points and won't stop until someone gets close, then he charges at you and you get no chance to defend yourself. just asking if you can fix this if you have the skill and time.
K, thanks :p

August 18, 2010, 09:58:18 AM
Reply #166

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:18 AM »
Quote from: "Epsilon"
then he charges at you and you get no chance to defend yourself.
The bot code is lost forever. Also this doesn't even look like a problem. It looks as if you suck at the game.

August 18, 2010, 10:57:12 AM
Reply #167

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »
Cant say he just sucks, i mean, not a single amount of skill will save you from bots that either aimbot/cheat (Ultimus comes to mind), or in GVH's case, get close to a Jitterskull, he noticed you, charges at you the absolute milisecond he sees you, and keeps focus on you perfectly, causing maximum damage, top effeciency.... At a cost of being kinda retarded.

The trick to bots often is to outsmart them or abuse their weakness. Bots like the hunter tend to miss alot on long range, and may miss often enough if you keep moving on medium distance, dont bother with hitscan bots though. The trick to those is to kill them before they hit you, depending on the weapon.

Bots tend to chase players going out of sight but only for so long, untill they roam around randomly again. The trick to kill Jitterskull is to hit him from a distance, a long distance. Once hurt, he will be alerted to your presence, but will charge at you, regardless of distance. And he's easy to hit after he charged and missed. Ice arrows works wonders too, if you can hit em up close.

Also: The more closer you get to a bot, the more easily their whacky lock on to player and start wobbling left and right aim has a chance to hit you. Skulltag's bots are quite interesting though, they dont cheat like the bots in Duke Nukem (Except ultimus), they autoaim you with long-range pistols, other hitscan weapons(there's plenty), and never miss aside with projectiles.

Edit: Idea for GVH, make more bot-specific weapons to improve their behaviour. Like a suggestion for Jitterskull if you feel like changing him. Try giving Jitterskull godly Ultimus-like aim, combined with a special bot weapon that decides wether to move or charge when the target is completely locked on(i heard of weapons able to check if they will hit something), and jump to the best suited state(move when too far, charge when in acceptable range).

Maybe this idea works for other ghouls too, if you want bots to be more... Creative.

August 18, 2010, 03:00:40 PM
Reply #168

Offline Blox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 05:25:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
Bots COULD, perhaps be hacked into being smarter than they are.

By morphing them into a special bot class, with a special bot weapon that does lots of checks.

..Although that would require an ocean of ACS and DECORATE coding.

August 18, 2010, 03:01:21 PM
Reply #169

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
And it wouldn't be worth it anyway. Isn't GVH still active these days? There's no point in playing offline usually  :p

September 14, 2010, 06:57:20 AM
Reply #170

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2010, 06:57:20 AM »
grenade nerf plox or at least reduce spam ability. It's too easy and it gets annoying on the other side.

September 14, 2010, 02:00:11 PM
Reply #171

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »
Ah, the trouble of grenade spamming falls into nothingness when you're faced with an engineer spamming a steam ball above your head whereever you go. The absolutely GIGANTIC area of effect and the reasonable damage per shot (like, merely being in its line of fire hurts). I'd say steam cannons are a tad worse, well, in open area's atleast. Sometimes i'd think he needs like 3 or so, or simply have a longer delay, even if it means he can switch weapons while the delay is being executed.

Suppose same type of idea would work for the grenade spam. Poor Creepers, heh.
Though any non-creeper can easily dodge grenades, i suppose, except possibily Frost Bite, but he's the only class with high AND armour.

I hope that damn riotgun gets a GOOD spread too. If the spread is still too small, absolutely NOTHING has changed, well, aside the damage output. Yay. Getting 4-hit instead of 3-hit... Whats the difference...
Or go for the projectile idea, even if it inflicts 100+ damage, if they're projectiles, they MAY be painfull. Not hitscan, just projectiles, power needs to be able to be dodged (like plasma).

September 14, 2010, 02:21:37 PM
Reply #172

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
Ahhh so pessimistic!  :cool:

September 14, 2010, 05:45:09 PM
Reply #173

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• A3's magnus faber - Fait Accompli
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/TheZones/index.php?act=site
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »
I kind of agree on the steam cannon considering how there is no buffer that deters the user from spamming it. Then again the nailgun has infinite ammo and good speed.

But we've all said Engineer was a bit op.. just learn to...

8   :)
8  :)
8 :)
8:)
8)  ... Deal with it.

September 16, 2010, 09:45:09 AM
Reply #174

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
lol steam cannon isn't op, atm i'm only annoyed at the endless grenade spams. Riotgun isn't a big deal because most people have shitty aim.

September 16, 2010, 10:03:12 AM
Reply #175

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »
Also don't forget when the cannon us used up, it's gone. I tend to spam it at the very start of the round, which usually ends up netting a few ghouls rushing in too early.

September 16, 2010, 02:13:43 PM
Reply #176

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »
Just because a fe-- uh, hmm... 45% of the marine users have shitty aim, doesnt mean the ones that dont have to be utter GODS. Power needs a limit, a drawback, a way to defeat it. Jitterskull reflects this perfectly; he has incredible attack power but becomes the easiest of targets when stuck a while after crunching.

Now, the riotgun is missing that weakness (THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE SHITTY AIM), and the rediculous power (a shot can deal OVER EIGHTY DAMAGE!!!), it really just needs a nerf.
Grenades wouldnt be as annoying if they had either a longer delay, or if they where like ghostbuster's traps, you gotta switch to them. Meaning they cant instakill you with a grenade + shotgun combo.

Have you played GVH recently? In a (somewhat) crowded server with many clan people/regulars/whatever people who know how to aim-- abuse a shotgun? No, of course not, not that a servere beating by a shotgun can change your mind, its hopeless.

Basically... With skill one does deserve to win... But the riotgun is plain rediculous! NOTHING aside maybe the bone cannon can match its effeciency! Everything else has a weakness or gap, or a method to dodge... This doesnt.
Short(est) version: Riotgun > all non-bone_cannon human weaponry, please nerf it good.

Oh, and i guess steam does run out, but really... It gets annoying if 70% of your hp gets zapped away by steam cannon spamming, especially if they're all doing it! A cooldown could hardly be called overkill, though there shouldnt be a cooldown on the alt-fire that drops it to the ground. They need that only defence against creepers.

And well i know the riotgun is getting a nerf, but please make sure its a GOOD nerf! As i'll just repeat, it'll change the 3-hits into 4-hits! Thats... Nothing! No difference, nothing but a fancy line of text written on the changelog, nothing more then that. People will still complain, people will still quit gvh, people will still abuse marine.
Meh, awaiting the GVH update that will take longer then Duke Nukem Forever...

September 16, 2010, 02:16:19 PM
Reply #177

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2010, 02:16:19 PM »
All I've done is increased the spread so you (hopefully) can't beat things to a pulp unless they're close up (it is a shotgun after all). If you want more of a nerf than that you're going to have to make an unofficial patch or something.

September 16, 2010, 02:20:05 PM
Reply #178

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
Ah, i hope the spread's good. I mean, its quite... worrying, a small increase does nothing but what i said above. What are you waiting for anyway in regards to releasing GVH? I'm not aware of people making any well thought out maps, simply good maps, or anything you'd like to add.

If you really need maps perhaps ask the authors of existing maps if they want theirs added. If its not maps, then i'm really not sure... All the people on the server went about is that you wanted a larger list of things added/changed. If so its really not a neccesary thing, the smaller ,the more perfect it is as it needs less changes!

Meh, atleast i dont have trouble avoiding grenades, not sure what Frits is doing though when it comes to *gasp* being a ghoul for once. (Damn marine spam...)

September 16, 2010, 02:25:37 PM
Reply #179

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
Well that's the thing, right now I don't feel like there's a REASON to put an update. It's playable, there's no bugs, no huge broken classes. That, plus the lack of stuff for me to add (rather than tweak), is putting me off making a new release. There's about 5-6 tweaks, that's about it. If I had new maps and such, the update would be more appealing for me to finish, and more appealing for people to check it out.

Also I guess I need to test it out too