Advanced Search

Author Topic: It's been over 5 years.  (Read 10304 times)

September 17, 2014, 12:16:20 AM
Read 10304 times

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
It's been over 5 years.
« on: September 17, 2014, 12:16:20 AM »
It's been 5 years already.
I gotta say, that's quite impressive.
Started off as a little forum dedicated to Mike's unique Doom mods, and before the forum, it was just a personal blog.

I can't say the website has changed in those 5 years but the community is still very much alive. People have come and gone, and some people are still here from the beginning.
I still remember being super hyped for GvH :')

Use this thread to describe your relationship with this site.
And congratulations to CutmanMike establishing a whole community for 5 strong years.

September 18, 2014, 07:39:20 AM
Reply #1

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: It's been over 5 years.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 07:39:20 AM »
Welcome back DTD? : p

I want just say, if there wasnt MM8BDM and the modes, i wont play anymore the megaman classics because i was bored to finish the mm classic games in 2005-2010.... (and capcom who want maybe make a new mm collection..lol).
I could play only MM.EXE if there wasnt MM8BDM....but MM unlimited and others fangames are a good way to create more passions for the serie.
MM8BDM is one of the last fangame (and the biggest one) who put my passion in the classic again and so much!
And it's the game I use for the stand in the conventions..... It's really liked. (exemple of a MM8BDM stand convention: http://youtu.be/NNtzbD6EMnE ) If there wasnt MM8BDM, i couldnt do some "Megaman stand"....and it works pretty well, people like a lot MM8BDM because there is a lot of differents things (specially the weapons and maps in vanilla; classes too but it's more complicate for people).
I care a lot about the "effect" of MM8BDM on the megaman community, we need really those kind of fangames to make more megaman fans.....
Im not sure if capcom could make a game like this in 2 years.... so much modes, packmaps and others in... 5 years and more? (well, capcom abandoned megaman anyway..... it seems...)

When i dont play MM8BDM, i play MM.EXE or some others series....so yeah...thanks cutmanmike and his team and i hope a long life to Megaman 8 bit deathmatch!

(sorry for my english again, not fixed since 5 years ago : p )

September 18, 2014, 08:56:16 AM
Reply #2

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
Kapus gets dumb and sentimental again
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »
Huh, how I did I miss this topic. Hi, DTD. I was just thinking about you earlier!

I joined this site back in late 2010--I'm actually just a couple of months short of my four year anniversary right now. I learned of the MM8BDM game (like quite a few people, actually!) through Shagg and friends' LPs. By that time both v1b and the original Roboenza mod were out in full force, in their exploitable buggy glory. I played in public servers a lot despite not really knowing anyone that well. Sigh...how nostalgic. I still remember the days where I would wait for a long while to get into Messatsu's roboenza server because it'd always be full, the days when Celebi would harass other players with Item 1 binding, the days when Power Stone actually sucked worse than it did in MM5, the days when the game was just MM1-6 and Gamma was censored to Auto on the forum, the days when the forum actually had a custom theme to it...

Eventually I played with a couple of people (Ashley and Yuri Sakazaki) in a cheats server where we would mess around and look for yasichis. These were the first two friends I made, and the ones that encouraged me to join the forum.

After I joined the forum, Ashley created the (rather infamous as of now) skype family chat, and I created a skype account and joined then. I became much more integrated into the community at that point, getting to meet even more people and knowing them better. I started contributing by assisting with the Invasion project as well as making my own custom skins (my first skin, catplanet, released in December, remains my most popular). After that I started expanding my work and contributing to more projects, such as making my own maps and spriting for Powered Up, the first full custom expansion released.

More important to that, though, I started to make close friends. After some time, I was invited to a private chat where a few of the users (most of them departed by now) would hang out every day. Through both this little chat and the skype family, I started to grow closer to people and create very valuable friendships. I had very few actually close relationships beforehand, so it was very meaningful to me. I also grew up thanks to these friendships; I daresay I was not the most reliable or mature person back then, but that changed over the years. Many of the people I became really close with were older members, so that helped quite a bit (Ivory being a prime example of an older person I grew close to that contributed to my maturity). I am most certainly not the same person I was back in 2010. But that's kind of natural, I guess--we generally grow, change and learn a lot over time, especially during our teen era.

I feel that I owe a lot of good things about my current life to this community: I got into spriting and art (thank you so much brotoad), figured out what exactly I want to do in my life and such, figured out my gender issues which had been a life long problem for me, found love, gained much experience in team efforts and some game development, learned a ton about myself, and gained the most wonderful companions I could ask for. Really, the closest friends I have right now and ever had come from this community, despite the fact that I've been in many previous forums and communities in the past. Nothing has come close to the impact this one has had on me.

I came to this community because I love Mega Man and MM8BDM was the coolest thing since the SNES. I'm currently in this community because I love the people here and their projects with all my heart, the place is buttloads of fun with something always going on and some creative projects to always contribute to, and...I love Mega Man and MM8BDM is the coolest thing since MM8BDM. I'll probably be here as long as that remains true.

uhh shoot, I went on a long ramble when making a post that was probably intended to be short and compact. And I don't even know if I said everything I wanted to be said.

ummm..

I love you guys!!!

September 18, 2014, 04:33:29 PM
Reply #3

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
Musashi decides to break the sappyness again
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:33:29 PM »
I guess people here just really like making stuff.

Or maybe it's just having a place to come to daily and talk about stuff and doing silly things.

At least that's what CS is for me. Nothing really emotional or deep, just a routine.

September 18, 2014, 06:13:38 PM
Reply #4

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »
I feel out of place. Not sure why. Opposite tastes or interests to most of the community, perhaps?
Buuuut I still play 8bdm and GvH. And I like most people here. So yeah, I'm staying here for a while.

PS: Hi DTD

December 19, 2014, 01:58:59 AM
Reply #5

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:59 AM »
Great observation. Agreed on the congratulations for CMM and cutstuff.net !

Kudos and happy holidays

December 08, 2015, 10:08:25 AM
Reply #6

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 10:08:25 AM »
Okay now I can post because it's been over 5 years for me specifically. Hooray! Yay Cutstuff.

Did you guys hear that GvH is coming out soon?
(click to show/hide)

December 08, 2015, 05:38:46 PM
Reply #7

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 05:38:46 PM »
What?! Already!?

Ghouls Forest 3 was only just released... Daaannggg, Cutman Mike is a speedy god.

December 08, 2015, 06:05:37 PM
Reply #8

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »
I literally just copy and paste trees, what can I say.