Advanced Search

Author Topic: Megaman, R.I.P.  (Read 14708 times)

November 04, 2014, 03:36:11 PM
Reply #15

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
Re: Megaman, R.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 03:36:11 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. Crasger"
Oh boy, Mega Man is dead?!
Really?
I can't believe it's not butter!
How is this helpful

Anywho, Press Start pretty much said most of what was on my mind, but I should also point out that the Archie comics are still a fairly new and lively thing. It has proven to be a successful comic amongst fans of Archie's works and fans of the games alike. Hell, I've seen a lot of people who were avidly involved in the Sonic comics that started getting into Mega Man because of the comic. And how long has Sonic's Archie series been around?

Since the early 90's. Even without the series' branding being exploited as much as Sonic was at the time, Mega's being met with a very similar success.

The games have been dormant, but the series itself is not dead.

November 05, 2014, 07:36:02 AM
Reply #16

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
Yeah as Turbodude said, capcom make a lot of things for megaman beside a "possible" game in working....
Like the "amusement park megaman themed" :http://www.rockman-corner.com/2014/09/rockman-set-to-invade-japanese-theme.html

But i have the feeling like, at 80% they try just to get money before to stop definitely the serie, like they just try to get money with goodies only, for MH3 and others....like if megaman was just a last way to get a little money for now....

A guy from Capcom FR and a guy who know capcom jp, told me they have no plan for a megaman game....well, certainly. Im a big megaman fan but i lost all my hopes... =(
Maybe an announce for Christmas? like.. SFxMM, lol i joke...we will see...maybe in 2015, maybe not.
In capcom unity forum, when people ask if they want make a new megaman game, capcom respond just....nothing, it's not really reassuring :/

megaman goodies or comics are not made directly by capcom (for a lot, like http://www.rockman-corner.com/2014/11/r ... oming.html )....but well....maybe they will try to get us a chance to show how megaman can make great sales too (for their $$$) lol. :)

I really need a new announcement for a megaman game and a nice Hype with people (like classic or X for me, i think it could be a good restart)....believe in a possible new game make my passion strong and give me a lot of enthousiasm since megaman is like my religion....for me.

November 06, 2014, 10:30:01 AM
Reply #17

Offline Yuri Sakazaki

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 03:17:49 AM

• View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/YuriSakazaki/
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »
I'm not surprised there isn't anything new on the Megaman front, as the recent games have all lived off nostalgia. As much as I would LOVE something new.

I doubt we will ever get a new retail Megaman though. It must be hard to make something worth $60 involving Megaman in this generation, the series doesn't really have a big enough fanbase to make up for it, like say Mario.

I'll remain optimistic for something new though, always have, always will!

August 30, 2015, 05:42:10 PM
Reply #18

Offline mahmoudehab1000

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 29, 2015, 12:37:44 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
We need to release anything for good this bomber cant die now oh well rip rock may you rest in peace :|  :cry:

September 12, 2015, 08:06:28 AM
Reply #19

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »
Cue *Pew-pew-pew-pew-pew* sound, decrement 1 from life counter, teleport another Megaman to nearest checkpoint, flash "READY" on screen, give control to player

April 14, 2016, 03:33:39 PM
Reply #20

Offline Sonnitude

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 14, 2016, 01:29:03 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »
I don't feel like megaman is dead, so long as fans can make awesome new fan games for the blue bomber to go through. Personally, I feel like giving some of the robot masters some screen time could be cool, like a powered up version of 2-6 or something like that.

June 10, 2016, 09:00:23 AM
Reply #21

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »
We still wait for Megaman X corrupted and Megaman Battle Network Chrono X.
A lot of fangames have not a good quality like some official games (of the past).

Megaman Unlimited was very original and challenging (and not that hard seriously') and i wait MMBN3D.

But i think, with the potential of the nextgen, we could get a so good megaman game with more than the usual game like mm9 or 10....

Fangames wont help the serie to survive, im pretty sure if Capcom continued to release megaman games (without canceling all of the them between 2010 and 2013), some fangames could be finished, im pretty sure, a big part of the community is sad for it and a lot of programmers of fangames could be less ambitious because that.
And fangames wont make megaman alive for more than 4years again, we need really a new good stuff from Capcom, they have the potential to make a good megaman game and not something bugged like X7 (i liked this game but the camera was horrible).

June 23, 2016, 07:24:03 AM
Reply #22

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »
My Problem with X7 was controls... Then again, I played the PC version, so that might be why. Capcom is desperate to apologize to the fans and hype them up in the possibility of revival, and with the crash of Mighty No 9 this would be their best time to attempt a new Mega Man, because everyone will be "MN9 was not the Mega Man I wanted! Give us a real Mega Man!".

The stories behind cancellations has never been explained properly, and there is a large room for misunderstanding in them (except Maverick Hunter, which was canned before any info on it went public, thus not counting as cancellation really, and also had a good reason, though the reason itself can be argued on grounds of what defines a Mega Man game considering the variety of gameplay styles), and in the latest cases it was basically "Inafune left, so the ship must sink". Even so, we don't know whether or not the cancellations were work of his successor or some of the higher-ups.

June 23, 2016, 10:35:13 PM
Reply #23

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
Mighty No. 9 not being great is inexcusable.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »
So from what I've heard the spiritual successor that had nearly 3 years in the making and about £3,000,000 pledged into it, has turned out to be really mediocre at best. Visuals aren't up to standard, gameplay doesn't have much imagination or thought put into it, level design being crap, forgetting what made the Megaman games so great, etc.

We have plenty of games in the franchise to enjoy, as well as load of fan games.

But in terms of official future games, it's rip in kill for the Megaman franchise.  :(