Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

Trill's Addon Shop - Updated Ping Button!

(1/3) > >>

Trillster:
(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

I've found myself being interested with the idea of mods that just serve to be general quality of game and play improvements, so here's a few mods I've created that I would consider must-haves when hosting your servers. All the addons in this thread are designed to be interchangeable and compatible with most all mods and modes of play out there.

Damage Display
(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---Do big numbers and rapid hit sounds excite you? This file might be for you. Although damage display mods are no new concept, this iteration uses the full extent of features introduced in the latest versions of Zandronum for a solid implementation that is sure to work flawlessly with any mod. Additionally, this iteration supports numbers up to 9,999, making it an ideal choice for mods like Unholy.

Provided additionally is a set of server variables that can be used to toggle off individual features, making them only visible for spectators not currently in the game.

--- Quote ---trill_dd_sv_statdisplay
trill_dd_sv_deathprintout
trill_dd_sv_extendedscoreboard
trill_dd_sv_damagenumbers
trill_dd_sv_healnumbers
trill_dd_sv_hitsound
trill_dd_sv_fragsound
--- End quote ---

(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---

--- End quote ---

Download Here!

--- End quote ---

Map Voting
(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---Are you tired of not having enough agency over the map rotation? Let this file save you from one too many trips to PAP03. This file implements three commands that you can type in chat at any time to vote for what the next map should be. It pulls potential maps from the server's map rotation and still follows the rules of normal map rotations in that it'll respect whatever size limits each map in the rotation has. Additionally, it'll attempt to avoid repeat maps until all other maps have been flushed out of the rotation.

For mappers interested in adding map previews, see this tutorial page.

(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---

--- End quote ---

Download Here!

--- End quote ---

Ping Button
(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---Since we haven't quite gotten voice chat in Zandronum yet, there's currently still a lack of good indicators for teammates to play off of. This mod implements every Apex / Valorant player's favorite solo-queue form of communication, the ping system. You can bind five new keys, one for a normal location ping, another for an alert ping, one for a heal ping, one for an enemy missing ping, and another for a locate allies function. Allies and true spectators can see and hear these pings as an indicator of where you're at and what's going on. If someone's being too disruptive with their pings, you can mute them either via the pboptions menu or by using ignore_ping_idX in the console, with X being their player ID.

See here for adding class mugshot support if making custom classes.

(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---

--- End quote ---

Download Here!

--- End quote ---

Side Swap
(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---If poor team spawns have got you down, this new addon modifies 2 Team LMS to use the typical ruleset of a game like Valorant or CS. In those games, you flip teams at halftime so that each team plays from both sides equally. This addon also implements the overtime and sudden death scenarios of those games, the former requiring you to win by 2 rounds and the latter being a final winner takes all round.

By default, this addon has players play 2 overtime scenarios and if no winner still, then sudden death is entered. However, server hosts can also modify the amount of overtime scenarios played using the server setting, trill_ss_sv_overtimeCap. Use a value of -1 for infinite overtime until a winner arises.

Note that this addon requires Zandronum 3.2, 2 teams only, and a win limit higher than 1 for proper functionality.

Download Here!

--- End quote ---

Rozark:
The most powerful GUI function is the ability to rename parts on the damage display, which allows me to have way too much fun messing with the DPS counter to make it aesthetically useful.

Trillster:
Made an oopsie with that last version of the map voting wad, so I've uploaded a hotfix and updated the main post. Someday I'll have a stable version that doesn't end with an 'h"

Uploaded another version for the friends that play duel. I had thought of it at first but never acted on it, but now it'll properly display voting for duel countdown.

Download Here!

Trillster:
Added some new features to my damage display mod while correcting some of the issues with the death statistic printouts.

Now you'll see a "death" printout whenever you win a round, ensuring you'll always log your final statistics. Additionally, it now properly receives the colors you set for the full duration of the printout. You can now disable the hit number popups if those don't suit your fancy. Additionally, a new server variable, trill_dd_nospectatormode, has been added that allows you to disable the features of the mod for everyone except true spectators.

Download Here!

Trillster:
Added the ability to toggle damage number popups separately from health number popups.

Checking for spectator mode was causing frequent crashes, so the server variable associated to it has been removed. Instead, that functionality has been moved to its own separate file.

Download Here!
Download Spectator Mode Here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version