Advanced Search

Author Topic: Lego's Weapons Archive: 8-10 2d and DOS 1b  (Read 37731 times)

June 02, 2011, 01:49:34 AM
Reply #30

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
Re: Lego's Weapons Archive: Megaman 8-10 weapons pack!!! v1a
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »
Korby,HE ASKED YOU on the Skype Chat!

June 02, 2011, 02:09:54 AM
Reply #31

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 02:09:54 AM »
I also asked if I could nerf it via PM

June 02, 2011, 02:11:56 AM
Reply #32

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 02:11:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure I didn't give you permission to make my weapon crap.

However, if you're so deadset on keeping it nerfed, nerf Plug Ball and Ice Wave. Plug Ball kills in four hits, goes faster than search snake, and has decent ammo. Ice Wall kills in three or so hits and has decent ammo. "New and Improved" Triple Blade kills in five hits if you're lucky to hit someone with all three of them within the 30 seconds it takes to actually fire off 5 rounds.

June 02, 2011, 02:16:23 AM
Reply #33

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »
I am leaving mine alone, more than one person said triple Blade was OP.

June 02, 2011, 02:19:46 AM
Reply #34

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 02:19:46 AM »
It's funny. You'll nerf my weapon which I've had tested AND have had people come up to me saying it was perfectly fine, but you won't nerf the weapons that actually have things wrong with them.

June 02, 2011, 02:39:21 AM
Reply #35

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
Well then, time for my review. I'll do this per weapon. Keep in mind this is just testing against bots. I have no idea how well some of these will work against actual players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MM8
MegaBall: Worthless. It's incredibly awkward to use, if you lose the ball all you have is a pitful kick to defend yourself with. Since the ball vanishes on sky roofs, I wouldn't even dare touch try to use it.

Tornado Hold: It's useful, hurts enemies, you can use it to get to higher locations. Against the bots though, I keep raking in kills like it was no tomorrow.

Astro Crush: Pitful. It spawns from the roof, so it's usefulness depends on the location. If the roof is too high, you are just getting yourself killed and your enemies are out of there before the meteors even get to the ground

Flame Sword: Useful. I find it really easy to get kills by stepping around corners with it.

Thunder Claw: Awkward. I thought the weapon was broken for the longest time, then I realized it only pulls you closer at close distances. It's not even obvious that's how it works.

Homing Sniper: Spammy homing missiles! Makes Dive Missile pointless.

Ice Wave: Good Ammo, good fire rate, 3 hit kill, travels up and down surfaces. I think I see a problem here.

Flash Bomb: It's pitful. It damages really fast, but also extremely slowly in value. I can never get kills with it because I'm being killed off before Flash Bomb can kill.

Water Balloon: Pitful damage, horrific range that requires you to be up close and most of the time facing 45 degrees up. It's not fun at all.

MM9
Concrete Shot: Pretty useful, though I wonder if you could instead make it so you can only fire when you have less then two concrete blocks on screen as opposed to slow recharge.

Tornado Blow: I like it, decent damage and it can help you out of sticky situations by making your enemies fly upwards.

Laser Trident: Not too much ammo, but it's a powerful ripper, but not too powerful. Maybe a slight fire rate increase.

Plug Ball: 4 hit kill, fast rate of fire and good amounts of ammo. Not only is this weapon overpowered, but it makes Search Snake's pointless in comparison.

Jewel Satellite: Okay, how the hell does one take the best shield weapon in a megaman game and makes it the worst shield weapon in mm8bdm? Reflection and no ripping makes it situational at best.

Hornet Chaser: Spammy homing weapons that barely hit anything and don't do much damage. Great.

Magma Bazooka: I like it, it's powerful up close less powerful far away. Decent charge. Then bots are bots.

Black Hole Bomb: I swear sometimes it doesn't even get set off, anyways it's not that useful despite how useful it was in MM9. If bots can easily avoid it, I can't imagine how actual players would.

MM10
Triple Blade: Seems to be Korby's, except weaker and a horrible rate of fire. I can't kill anything with it anymore.

Water Shield: It works, the attack is pretty meh but the shield part works fine.

Commando Bomb: Good power, drops down and doesn't OHKO anything anymore by doing so.

Chill Spike: Slow rate of fire, decent power, leaves something to look out for, and freezes you if it hits. It's different enough to make spark shock still useful.

Thunder Wool: I think it needs a larger radius, I find it hard to hit anything with it. Otherwise, it seems pretty good.

Rebound Striker: Pretty good, but I'm worried about how easy it is to spam up a room with incredibly fast projectiles that get even faster as they bounce around.

Wheel Cutter: Worthless, It may get you up walls, but the chainsaw is worthless and deploying them rarely ever hits anything and kills anything for that matter. It's like Charge Kick for mobility, only Charge Kick's attack was actually useful.

Solar Blaze: I like it, bounces off walls and explodes in 4 directions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good job on doing all these weapons, but try inching away from being true to the nes counterpart. Look how cutmanmike did MM8BDM, he changed weapons as needed to make them unique and useful. These weapons are largely just better versions of mm8bdm weapons(i.e. Plug Ball), or rather completely unfun(I.E. Water Balloon) or just plain useless (I.E. Mega Ball). I really do think these weapons could be done better.

June 02, 2011, 03:18:10 AM
Reply #36

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »
Thank you for your feedback, it should certainly help. A new version will be released soon.

June 02, 2011, 05:18:27 AM
Reply #37

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »
I am very glad to see a public release of these!

I haven't tested a whole lot but Ivory's review seems pretty spot on.

Did you know that water balloon can be fired incredibly fast in MM8?
I was disappointed to not see this property carry over into the conversion and I think it would make the weapon much more fun.

June 02, 2011, 09:05:35 AM
Reply #38

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
A lot of the weapons feel erratically grouped. I find a ton of long range weapons in either the Short Range (4) weapon or the Heavy Weapons (5)category. Not to mention that Water Shield is grouped into Long Range (2) and not with the other Shield Weapons (7).

June 02, 2011, 10:50:42 AM
Reply #39

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »
I spent a long time messing around with these, and for the most part they're pretty fun. Offline. Most of them are either super OP or useless, I also noticed a lot of things were missing either from sprites, or a function of a weapon. These are alright but I think you should follow what Ivory said  and maybe have another look at the originals to improve these.

I didn't actually try these online, but just from beating up bots I can make a general statement about the balance. I don't think these would be very fun to use at all online, but offline they're great just to play around with.

June 02, 2011, 12:08:35 PM
Reply #40

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 12:08:35 PM »
Myroc, I did not necessarily know how to group them.

Yellow Devil I already know how you feel about me making this in the first place. If weapons truly ARE OP, then they will be fixed.

June 02, 2011, 01:40:30 PM
Reply #41

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »
The following groupings should be correct. Weapons in brackets are weapons that maybe could fit in the specified category, but could also probably fit elsewhere as well.

Group 2 - Long Range Weapons - Homing Sniper, Laser Trident, Hornet Chaser, (Plug Ball, Rebound Striker, Thunder Wool?)

Group 3 - Rapid-Fire Weapons -  If you ever buff the Triple Blade and Water Balloon to give them faster rate of fire, they should go in here. Otherwise, there aren't really any rapid-fire weapons here.

Group 4 - Close Range Weapons - Tornado Hold, Thunder Claw, Flame Sword, Water Balloon*, Concrete Shot, Solar Blaze, Chill Spike, Wheel Cutter, Triple Blade* (Ice Wave, Plug Ball, Rebound Striker, Thunder Wool?)

Group 5 - Power Weapons - Flash Bomb, Magma Bazooka, Black Hole Bomb, Commando Bomb, (Ice Wave?)

Group 6 - Area of Effect Weapons - Astro Crush, Tornado Blow

Group 7 - Shield Weapons - Jewel Satellite, Water Shield

*The current version.

June 02, 2011, 01:46:56 PM
Reply #42

Offline sipfried

• Standard Member

• dont beleve me
  • Date Registered: February 05, 2011, 10:49:42 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »
nice the megaman weapons i think its not happing

only whe water shield looks .... omg bij changecam

June 02, 2011, 02:33:03 PM
Reply #43

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 02:33:03 PM »
Thank you Myroc, they will be regrouped.

Before anyone says anything about Water Shield lacking an animation, look at it's code.

I would need to create HUNDREDS of actors to do so.

Also, if you notice the shield disappearing on occasion, that is only the visual effects disappearing, they cannot be fixed with the way it is currently coded.

June 02, 2011, 10:18:52 PM
Reply #44

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 10:18:52 PM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
Question. How do you add these weapons into Doom Builder?