Advanced Search

Author Topic: MMINV - Let's do it right this time - Official Topic  (Read 12821 times)

November 04, 2012, 01:43:58 AM
Read 12821 times

Offline Ashley

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 02:17:35 AM

• View Profile
MMINV - Let's do it right this time - Official Topic
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:43:58 AM »
I have no idea what to start with here, except that this will be the official topic for MMINV.

What I have done is probably really bad, but I've not worked on any of it in years.

One thing I'd like to improve are the custom weapons for it, spritewise. What they do seems fine to me, but it's a community-decided thing. Overall, I'd prefer to keep the weapons in, but I'm sure there will be some neigh-saying towards it.

MMINV Current Progress

No promises on impressions. I also know I lost a bit of work going from one computer to another for this, but I'm sure a lot of it's still there.

///Pretty sure this needs to be in (WIP) Projects forum. My bad~

November 04, 2012, 02:15:41 AM
Reply #1

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Re: MMINV - Let's do it right this time - Official Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 02:15:41 AM »
Ok, so, Ashley, let me see what I can suggest... First of all, scrap everything. Even weapons. We need to start it from mark zero.

First things to be done first are the monsters. No "Attack upon being hit". Instead, use "Inventory" to control the last state they were in, and have it checked after the monster leaves the "Pain" state (which will be after a moment that set the flag "Shootable" to "False", to prevent them from being stunlocked). All states but "Death" must end with an action to set the flag "Shootable" to "True". That alone will prevent stunlocking AND can make it so they get back to the state they were in before they were hurt.

Second is that we need all original maps. No "porting Skulltag maps". The all original maps could be based in simple maps, like MM1CUT and some complex ones, like MM6KNI. The players shouls spawn in a safe zone, which blocks monsters and projectiles, but not players. The monsters shouls spawn in various areas, some of which will be "unlocked".

Third: Since you are so eager to put weapons... I suggest that you keep an open mind and wait for a lot of crazy ideas and weapons. But decide which goes in based on their use. There's no point in adding a super-scope sniper rifle when you can use just a simple railgun. Also, there's no point in having a plain railgun when you can use one that targets at nearby enemy. And so on.

Overall, the concept of MMINV was never bad, I had faith in it, and I have faith in it being rebooted.

November 04, 2012, 02:25:20 AM
Reply #2

Offline Ashley

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:25:20 AM »
All those words, and I've forgotten how to interpret them properly. [Too rusty 8bdmcodingwise atm, but I'll recoup]

Anything directed at what I had done is pretty null towards a reply from me.
What can be done is what I'm looking for, not what I can't remember having done.

Thanks for the opinions though.

November 04, 2012, 02:30:52 AM
Reply #3

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 02:30:52 AM »
Quote from: "Tsuki"
I suggest that you keep an open mind and wait for a lot of crazy ideas and weapons.
(click to show/hide)

so what exactly does this game mode have in mind :ugeek:

November 04, 2012, 02:40:21 AM
Reply #4

Offline Ashley

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:40:21 AM »
Replacing weapon spawns with MMINV enemy spawners, a proper weaponset(s), maybe custom maps (originals work fine), and a whole lot of "I give up!" thrown in there.

It'll happen. Hopefully not from me this time.

November 04, 2012, 08:18:02 AM
Reply #5

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
Congrats, you found out my Berserk Button. (ps it's humour)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBrosPlusB"
(click to show/hide)
I will complete that side quest in Mega Man Legends to obtain the Shining Laser. I will then find the money to fully upgrade it to max stats. And then I will find you and blast you to next week with it. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

So about this mod;

For the monsters, you could ignore Pain states altogether and use a ACS script that makes them flash upon being hit. I did that with the zombies in Chaos Generator, and I can show you their coding if you want.

November 04, 2012, 02:42:40 PM
Reply #6

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
HOLYCRAPTHISTHINGSALIVE

When it comes to coding.....I'll probably end up making a dancing pink hippo instead of a metool, so coding is just no for me. Invasion maps look pretty basic to make, so I may try one of those, but for the most part (as usual) I probably won't be able to help. Good luck! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Ummmm....how do I get this to work? It's in a .zip file, which contains a folder, which contains a mix of more folders, wad files, and pk3 files. :cry:

November 08, 2012, 04:35:03 PM
Reply #7

Offline SilverSin

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 12, 2010, 05:32:51 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
I'm willing to help out with this project. I have some experience with making monsters and invasion based maps (walls lowering after X number of rounds, music change, etc). I'll be downloading this as soon as I get home =P

November 08, 2012, 04:56:40 PM
Reply #8

Offline Ashley

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
So about this mod;

For the monsters, you could ignore Pain states altogether and use a ACS script that makes them flash upon being hit. I did that with the zombies in Chaos Generator, and I can show you their coding if you want.

If you wish.

Quote from: "TheDoc"
Ummmm....how do I get this to work? It's in a .zip file, which contains a folder, which contains a mix of more folders, wad files, and pk3 files. :cry:

Extract the folder from the .zip file. It's just an archive as is.

Quote from: "SilverSin"
I'm willing to help out with this project. I have some experience with making monsters and invasion based maps (walls lowering after X number of rounds, music change, etc). I'll be downloading this as soon as I get home =P

If you wish. I was never great at Map ACS, so it'd be a help. Thing is, do people want things like that?

November 08, 2012, 06:13:27 PM
Reply #9

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
Well, in Armageddon Invasion, Cutman Mike's map did some pretty awesome stuff with moving walls and stuff that increased the map's size...
I thought it was pretty neat and I think it would be interesting to implement

But yea...my opinion
Diversity is nice and I say the more diversity in a mod, the better, especially when it comes to maps.

November 08, 2012, 07:31:47 PM
Reply #10

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »
So here's the coding for the zombie. I apologise if it may look complicated to you, but you might be able to make some use of it.
(click to show/hide)

November 08, 2012, 09:42:22 PM
Reply #11

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• A Nightmare before Christmas

• The neighborhood instant moe otaku.
  • Date Registered: January 19, 2011, 06:55:02 PM

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
Id love to make maps for this, it will help me learn more about invasion. and its an awsome game mode.
I extracted the file, but I dont know what to do next, I tried adding the MMINV and then the maps, reversed it, but it wont start.
am I suppose to add everything, if so, in what order?

November 08, 2012, 10:33:30 PM
Reply #12

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
I think I got it to work, but only map6 (the gemini texture map) actually invadifies. When I played it, the enemies had an unimaginable amount of health. I gave myself Instagib Metal Blade ad it took me 5 or so hits to kill Bigeye, so maybe I did something wrong when I put it in. So pretty much Duora's question.

November 08, 2012, 10:45:11 PM
Reply #13

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:45:11 PM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
When I played it, the enemies had an unimaginable amount of health. I gave myself Instagib Metal Blade and it took me 5 or so hits to kill Bigeye.
Nope, seems accurate.

Yeah, Ashley's old "invasion" project was sort of the reason why a lot of people threw giant pieces of sheet metal in his/her/its/xe/wartortle's direction. The enemies not only had ungodly health reserves, they could also shoot laser beams of concentrated pain in a matter of seconds and had more accuracy than four CoD aimbots fused together.

I'm pretty sure all the enemies are being made from scratch though so as long as the code part works, it should be okay.

November 09, 2012, 11:01:11 PM
Reply #14

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »
can i make mminv29 please i have a theme for it