Advanced Search

Author Topic: Odd Request....  (Read 1872 times)

March 29, 2020, 09:04:11 PM
Read 1872 times

Offline Ihazkirbro

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2018, 02:23:01 AM

• View Profile
Odd Request....
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:04:11 PM »
Hey all, its been a while since i posted here,and there was a big gap between now and about a year or so ago where i didn't play this game, but i consider this the best place for something like this, so, here is my "odd request"...

I'm assembling a team to make a map pack based on the obscure yet fun Nintendo 3DS game, Miitopia, anyone wanna join in?

Ok, a bit more detail, i have always loved this game from when i started playing it, and i wanted to return to it eventually, in any form at all, i stopped playing because i wanted to play other games, but i still stayed in contact with a portion of the community that mostly included my friends from the game. I just recently returned because one of my friends started playing it, but before that, i had a plan i wanted to make a a map pack, a mod that, with enough time, knowledge, and effort, could be a great addition to the game. I originally decided to make a Hollow Knight map pack, but decided that, because that game is full of detail and good design, it would be too hard to make something original based on that style, so, i opted for another game i know and love, Miitopia, which would allow for a much more original form of content.

I know how to make maps, but i'm not very good at it yet, which is why i need a team, i made a Discord server for this, but the thing is, because of the obscure spot i posted the link, only 3 people have joined so far, which is why i'm here, a much bigger part of the community would probably be a much better place to look for people willing to help out. it doesn't matter to me if you played Miitopia or not, i'm looking for map developers, not players, anyone is allowed on my discord, however.

So! Anyone willing to join? I don't care who you are as long as your not a toxic rule breaker, anyone is welcome, so feel free to join!  https://discord.gg/hfBe7Tu

March 30, 2020, 10:05:59 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
Re: Odd Request....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »
Man, I love Miitopia too! Though, I don't have any mapping skills, so I wouldn't be able to help...
The majority of mappers are either already very busy or have gone MIA...

Here's what I suggest you do. Do not, for the love of what is holy, wait until you have more mappers. Something I've come to learn in this community is that if you can't produce stuff (by) yourself, nobody will even give a second look.
The bets plan of action would be for you to make one map, just one map, but one with the most effort and time put into. Make it impressive, fun, no matter how long or how hard it might be, just do this one you wanna focus on. Once it's done, present it to the main, unnofficial server as well as the forums and see what people think of and if they'd be interested! You'll attract traction for sure!
it's gonna do itself in a matter of days, oh no it won't. But you'll get good, you'll get experience from it, that's what is important.

By the way, I can't help but ask, what would be your ideas for these Miitopia map? Most of the game's environments are rather standard video game locations except for the one or two exceptions. So, what's your plan?
Personally? Man, if any map was to be made, it'd have to be
(click to show/hide)
, I love the aesthetic, it's so visually striking, and the music i Frequently jam to. No matter if somebody has played the game or not, I can guarantee you they will love this map just on style alone!