Advanced Search

Author Topic: General Offtopic Discussion  (Read 3119681 times)

March 26, 2016, 10:16:01 PM
Reply #21405

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
Re: What's your excuse? What's your damn excuse?
« Reply #21405 on: March 26, 2016, 10:16:01 PM »
Quote from: "Watzup7856"
Mendez, that post I made was mostly in response to Biscuit about our skype chat, not the dev team. I don't know what you're getting at.
I mentioned you because of the map you made, as an example of someone being productive. Musashi was implying there was a connection between you and me when there wasn't. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

March 26, 2016, 10:23:37 PM
Reply #21406

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
Re: General Offtopic Discussion
« Reply #21406 on: March 26, 2016, 10:23:37 PM »
Too bad you didn't have all that time you fell off the face of the Earth to prove your worth, and especially the alleged worth the clique insisted you had, which I didn't believe in the first place.

March 26, 2016, 10:26:57 PM
Reply #21407

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21407 on: March 26, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »
wtf dude are you really saying 8bdm is more important than his personal health? you seriously need a reality check, musashi.

And kd, there is no making mm8bdm great without proper steps taken. The way things are now is not acceptable. You're free to not "entertain" us, but with that choice comes the consequence of a bad game.

March 26, 2016, 10:31:48 PM
Reply #21408

Offline Watzup7856

• MM8BDM Extender

• You're nothing but peppered asscheeks to me
  • Date Registered: July 03, 2011, 01:53:12 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=992
Re: What's your excuse? What's your damn excuse?
« Reply #21408 on: March 26, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
Quote from: "Mendez"
Quote from: "Watzup7856"
Mendez, that post I made was mostly in response to Biscuit about our skype chat, not the dev team. I don't know what you're getting at.
I mentioned you because of the map you made, as an example of someone being productive. Musashi was implying there was a connection between you and me when there wasn't. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh, I thought you were calling me out or something. Sorry about that.

March 26, 2016, 10:34:45 PM
Reply #21409

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #21409 on: March 26, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
I meant it's a shame he didn't have the time to prove his worth to the development of this game because of whatever happened to him in real life. Now it's just a matter of time to see how Korby reacts to this. Even if it's a very lax management, the development does still need some direction to finish it off. If you only look at the management issues, v5b's gonna be some tough shit, looking and reviewing the content that has resulted from the up-and-down development of v5a. Hopefully it reaches a concrete direction.

Also there won't be time to look at those post MM6 maps with MM9 content being questionable because of mismanagement :^)

March 26, 2016, 11:24:11 PM
Reply #21410

Knux

« Reply #21410 on: March 26, 2016, 11:24:11 PM »
I know I said I was gonna stay out of this discussion, but...
Quote from: "KD"
In my eyes, it is not the development team's job to entertain you. It is the development team's job to make MM8BDM great, and to make you want to play it.
Well, in my eyes, you're not gonna make me want to play 8BDM if it's not entertaining. That's not really as great as you think it is, and if the expansion keeps going in that direction, it'll just be wasted time and effort.

March 27, 2016, 12:18:53 AM
Reply #21411

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
huge arguments make me want to go hide in a corner
« Reply #21411 on: March 27, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »
whoa, where'd this 5+ page argument come from??? I don't remember this being here...

It'd probably be best if I didn't try to get involved, though. Anything I'd probably say would probably do unexpected harm...

I just hope everything will turn out alright, that we'll release v5, and people will be (mostly) happy for once, geez
I honestly would rather having the game take a little time to make it as good as possible, rather than rushing an incomplete release.

March 27, 2016, 02:32:49 AM
Reply #21412

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
I thought I might as well get this out of the way
« Reply #21412 on: March 27, 2016, 02:32:49 AM »
My overall general opinion of 8BDM has lowered in the more recent years due to several things that have been eating at me. Mostly the general attitude of individuals within the Dev team (whom will remain nameless) and the community as a whole.

I'll make it as clear as day for my reasons:
    I'm going through a lot of medical problems and mental stress. The idea of being on-top of a development with MM8BDM has always been an insane idea, but I try to do what I can in order to really get things done. However since December 2014, I've been suffering from terrible stress and overall getting sick from doing things with mapping or just general spriting. I've done a few things in the past couple of months, but it's on short bursts that I have.

Drama within the Mega Man community has also brought negative connotations and overall a general feeling against the attitude of wanting to be a part of this fanbase or working under a fangame. It also mostly comes from the fact that I joined too many projects and was even focusing alone on my own project that I've been working on for the past eight years as of yesterday. Another reason is due to my declining mood with the fanbase as a whole when I got shanghai'd into needless drama when a certain individual attacked another MM-fanbase associated forum and site. You may already know what this incident was, for the few aware.

I've been focusing on entering a career in Voice Work, mostly because it's a profession that I've been wanting to take on ever since I was a child. So vocal warmups have been taking over my time to actually work on something relating to a project or two. A sub reason is also laziness and general avoidance of work on the game due to how I felt and because of other things that are beyond my control.

I'm getting old. I'm going to be 21 and I've wasted nearly six years of my life playing and eventually working on this game. I've got to move on from this sooner or later...

EDIT (forgot to add): It pains me to see the community evolve the way it did and it has affected me more in the past few years after a radical shift in attitude. I was never part of any cliques, since I feel being part of an overtly private group of individuals used to shitpost or complain about certain people is kind of a shitty aspect, pot-calling kettle black otherwise. Some people however, aren't all that bad and I'll say nothing more beyond that.

Which brings me to the major reason I'm here today, outside of the whole general feeling or attitude towards the Dev team that I'm remaining neutral on for reasons I will not say in public:

I'm officially leaving Cutstuff, 8BDM, and any Mega Man associated fan-site when v5 is completed...also in light of my recent health being as poor as it is, along with focusing on getting into the career I want to pursue. I've taken my time the past few months to really reflect on how horrifyingly contrite the past four or so years have been on me. I cannot say much else beyond what has been said about Mega Man, this game, and various other forums other than my general blunt attitude towards recent events.

I'm going to reveal that my raison d'etere for leaving 8BDM came when I was working on Galaxyman for the short (or long) time attempting to do the layout. I nearly fainted after 36 hours of attempting to do a layout for the map and it was driving me to the point of a workaholic, perfectionistic attitude due to the schedule I had to meet with the deadline that was needing to be met. I did what I could and passed it over to Gospel.

Then, I went to the hospital for nearly 32 hours because of how mentally exhausted my body got from working. So I've been pretty (for lack of a better word) fucked with my recent sleep schedule being absolute shit. I've also been struggling with being a super senior in High School and recently had to drop out due to my stress putting me into panic attacks that also began to cause me to stop functioning in school work alone. In light of this, I am getting a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.) because of my recent three months.

I know I said this many times before, but I'm actually kind of serious given that I've been in and out of medical stuff the past three months that has finally lead me to make the decision to finally post this whole rant out to the people, because you ought to know how much I feel (even if you don't want to read it, that's fine.)

I'm glad I got to meet the lot of you on here, along with the people I've been given the opportunity to work alongside with in the Dev team. I can only wish you all lead successful lives and stay safe in this crazy world, ya know? I may have had my times where I was kicked around by the community, even hated if at that, but that didn't bother me to try and grit the pain both emotionally and mentally that some people have given me.

(click to show/hide)

In conclusion, I've said what I needed to say and it's finally a relief to tell this off of my chest. Take it to heart that not everyone should live their lives on this or any fan game, there's always another project or story to be written. Focus on what's important over the menial things at hand that you're given, there's more to life than rushing to play, mod, or work on a fangame, you know?

Anyways, I've got things to do. Thanks for listening and everything dudes, take care.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Thanks for the support guys. I truly appreciate it.

March 27, 2016, 02:50:34 AM
Reply #21413

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21413 on: March 27, 2016, 02:50:34 AM »
I am both amazed and worried on the effect this website/community/game has on so people, so much that instead of writing a witty joke I'll just say

i hope you get better and never regret this man, you need that break. And also to anyone out there that actually feels mentally stressed out by something as banal as this, it's not worth it at all.

March 27, 2016, 03:12:19 AM
Reply #21414

Offline Rui

• MM8BDM Extender

• I believe in you!
  • Date Registered: November 05, 2011, 12:47:57 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21414 on: March 27, 2016, 03:12:19 AM »
Oh geez, I'm sorry to hear about all of that Blaze.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do and hope everything from here on goes well.

March 27, 2016, 06:05:02 AM
Reply #21415

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #21415 on: March 27, 2016, 06:05:02 AM »
Dear lord What Happened Here?! im just seeing Huge walls of text!

March 27, 2016, 06:46:13 AM
Reply #21416

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21416 on: March 27, 2016, 06:46:13 AM »
Quote from: "Knux"
I know I said I was gonna stay out of this discussion, but...
Quote from: "KD"
In my eyes, it is not the development team's job to entertain you. It is the development team's job to make MM8BDM great, and to make you want to play it.
Well, in my eyes, you're not gonna make me want to play 8BDM if it's not entertaining. That's not really as great as you think it is, and if the expansion keeps going in that direction, it'll just be wasted time and effort.

I suppose KD meant that the dev team's job is to build the amusement parks for us to play in, not dress up like clowns and honk their red noses for us.

Onto Blaze, all I can say to ya is "Get well soon, friend!". I also know the pain of throwin' yar life away into a small fan-game that's only half-a-subatomic-particle to the grand scheme of the internet/life. I myself made the same silly mistake, but not to yar extreme though...
So just keep lookin' onwards in life. There's definitely plenty of other beautiful thin's out there in life. Just remember all the good times ya've had with us, yes?

March 27, 2016, 06:49:23 AM
Reply #21417

Offline Jman

• Standard Member

• ( ͡° ͜&#
  • Date Registered: June 28, 2011, 02:09:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21417 on: March 27, 2016, 06:49:23 AM »
Quote from: "Zard1084"

Recap:
-Bik rants about something.
-Knux puts a personal spin on it.
-Shit gets serious.
-The drama bomb goes off.
-The discussion goes from "get your act together, dev team" into the "community is dying" then into "x hates y's guts".
-Blaze quits.

March 27, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
Reply #21418

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21418 on: March 27, 2016, 07:24:29 AM »
Quote from: "Jman"
Quote from: "Zard1084"

Recap:
-Bik rants about something.
-Knux puts a personal spin on it.
-Shit gets serious.
-The drama bomb goes off.
-The discussion goes from "get your act together, dev team" into the "community is dying" then into "x hates y's guts".
-Blaze quits.

Ya also miss'd out that KD relinquishes his leadership position too.
Ya can just skim through those 5 pages can get the meat and potatoes of what just went on. It's not like those walls of text didn't have their meanin' encrypt'd with the Enigma Machine.

March 27, 2016, 12:31:20 PM
Reply #21419

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21419 on: March 27, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »
You're all nerds that need to stop worrying so much.