Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

King Yamato's Metal Gear Mode

(1/1)

SickSadWorld:
KING YAMATO'S METAL GEAR MODE

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/metlgear.zip

--- Code: ---Download the wad file, add to launcher
AND LOOK FOR A SERVER HOSTING THIS GAME MODE
Trying to connect to servers not hosting this game mode with this wad will probably not work.

--- End code ---

This game mode is played as Instagib Team Possession.

(click to show/hide)
In response to some playtesting feedback and ideas from the eponymous character we have arrived at this. The problems that this mod addresses have two primary goals (listed below). King Yamato himself didn't ask me to do this, but it seemed like this mode was his idea so I figured I'd add in his namesake.

(click to show/hide) Instagib mode gives the IGMETALBLADEWEP. As a result, all players had that translation. This .wad fixes the team colors so that all players display their proper team colors in Instagib Team Possession.

There is a recurring issue with the "hellstone" item falling into pits and being un-retrievable. I have fixed this by introducing a new game mechanic.** What I chose to do was to make it so that if the "hellstone" (renamed Metal Gear) item lands in a pit that isn't retrievable, you can simply shoot it. Whoever shot it then gets the circuit board and gameplay continues. Because this behavior only occurs when the Metal Gear is on the ground, it seems ok. I tested mostly on Wind man and Dust man.

** The reason I could not easily just make the hellstone respawn is because this behavior is defined in the Skulltag engine code. For some reason this engine code is closed source. Their SVN repository did not give any clues.
KNOWN ISSUES
(click to show/hide) It says "Hellstone!" when picked up FOR THE FIRST TIME. All subsequent pickups correctly display "Metal Gear!" when you pick it up.
 More?

ashura9699:
DOWNLOAD BORKEN :(

xColdxFusionx:
Necromancy is a dark art, my friend.
I suggest you stop before you bring down the wrath of the mods.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version