Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

[Game Mode] Mega Man's Soccer (updated: 8/20/12)

(1/3) > >>

TheBladeRoden:
Will the new release I figured this thing finally deserved it's own topic. It'll have to be in WIP until I can get it moved, for now.

download v1e:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/97dmfhm1h ... er-v1e.pk3

Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

HowtoPlay:
Take the Soccer Ball and shoot it into the enemy goal to score points!

Item-Full Game
Mode:CTF
Modifier: None

Slide Kick-Only Game
Mode:CTF
Modifier:Buckshot

Changelog:

v1e:
-Fixed bug where players would not drop the ball when they died.
-Implemented ice's system of the goalie zone walls checking for a player's jersey inventory instead of their team.
-Shortened frequency of checking for duplicate balls from 10 seconds to 1 second.
-Fixed bug where Soccer Ball Weapon wouldn't be removed after shooting if you didn't have a buster.
-Slide Kick changes
   *Damage lowered from 20 to 5.
   *Getting hit while carrying the ball will stun you for a couple seconds, but you will also be invulnerable during that time.
-Got rid of "Trying to set line blocking" message.

Previous Changelogs
(click to show/hide)v1d:
-Rock Field
   *Added invisible team-doors to player-block goalie zone
   *Added spectator stands
   *Added 3D nets
-Added Wood Field
-Slowed Slide Kick's firing rate
-Made it so you switch to a non-megabuster weapon (if available) after kicking the ball.

v1c:
-Moved player spawns toward the back ends of the field
-When one team scores, the ball is now given to a random player on the other team
-Players now get a stylish but useless jersey in their inventory
-Added the Redbuster, a teamcolored Megabuster which really ought to be in the default game if you ask me
-Fixed balls not dropping at the location where the ball holder dies. No snickering!
-Reduced occurrences of duplicate balls, I hope!

v1b:
-fixed crash when trying to switch weapons after kicking the ball

xColdxFusionx:
Great, but still buggy as heck
* Ball triple-spawns and can spend almost a minute de-spawned in some cases
* Everyone is considered on the same team for the purpose of line-blocking. What team it is seems to be random from round-to-round
* Don't get me started on Buckshot mode. Just... don't.

Mr.shadow:
love it. but needs a CRAPLOAD of fixing

Knux:
Man, can't wait to try this first break I get. The screenshots look very interesting!

ice:
You could use the suggestion I sent you via PM a while ago where it bocked you if you have a certain color jersey in your inventory instead of the buggy checking for the teams itself (make the line check if you have say blue jersey when you go to the red side, if you have it, it will push you)

--- Code: ---script 214 (void)
{
if (Checkinventory("RedJersey") >= 1)
   {
      SetFont("BIGFONT");
Print(s:"Sorry, Red. Blue players only.");
ThrustThing(0,30,1);
   }
   else
   {
   }
}
--- End code ---

I made an edit of it long ago with this code and it worked perfectly

Edit: is it possible to make the buckshot kick not do any damage or atleast damage and heal you, and also making the ball just turn into a weapon on contact with someone (passing it to a teammate, jumping to block high kicks), removing the whole fighting aspect and makeing it focus more on soccer?

Also, in buckshot, once you fire the weapon, you're stuck with the ball attack with no ammo unable to do anything until you're attacked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version