Advanced Search

Author Topic: Obligatory Mafia II: Generic Mafia [OVER]  (Read 33988 times)

September 28, 2014, 10:26:43 PM
Reply #150

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Game Over
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Yet another failure of a mafia.

Damn straight its the final day, and do you know why?
BECAUSE WHAT IS LOGIC

Seriously, you kill 2 near-immortal people because you can't read, 2 OF THE 3 MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE FOR THE MAFIA, and somehow expect the mafia to defeat the Super Townies, who, coincidentally, are also invulnerable except you read their cards and made sure those are followed through. I'd yell at you for the Super Townies having priority over the mafia, but you'll probably say something like "They're super they get priority" so whatever. What is this bias.

This game was fun for the brief while until these events occured. After my "payback" suggestion went through, all days after that were anti-fun because you can't fully return those important roles that you forgot to read about. Just a mess of roles that aren't even followed through.

OH RIGHT THE ROLES. Lets discuss roles. Generic mafia? I've heard things of there being a detective and a doctor or something, but SUPER TOWNIES AND MAFIA? Super Independent? What is this? The title is completely misleading, it should be SUPER MAFIA. On top of that, most of the roles do absolutely nothing at all, mine included.

Our votes are gone, and although I do not doubt my ability to hide for another 2-3 days while the supers discover and kill themselves, I'd rather not drag this boring game on any longer. The Mafia concedes.

Will Mafia ever find true balance?
I have half the nerve to host my own mafia to settle this, with blackjack and hookers.
Except if Beed is playing we'll have to remove the hookers.

Bonus material:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

All iterations of townies win.

Quote from: "<({[KS1
})>"]You are Nergal. You are on team MAFIA.
(click to show/hide)
You do not have any abilities.

Do not reveal your role.

September 28, 2014, 10:43:08 PM
Reply #151

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I doubted we'd get anywhere considering that a majority of you who remained were invincible. Even if we killed Ivory, we'd have to deal with the invincible trio: Smash, Geminibro, and Korby.

Oh wait, we can't. Even with a Korby suicide mission, we still remained outnumbered.

Also, does anyone remember the 4 Kills Night? Let me explain that. It was to make up for Alice being killed when she never should have, due to invincibility.
I kind of feel bad for that, because Awbawlisk was obviously the one who killed Alice, and we took him down with our extra kills.

.. Well, seeing as I've been killed tonight, that may not be the case.
BY THE WAY KS1 GREAT JOB you revealed what kind of person killed the other over on the main page

Also, I actually forgot to send in my killvote, so I'm relieved to see that I was taken down.

September 28, 2014, 11:04:37 PM
Reply #152

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
Re: Obligatory Mafia II: Generic Mafia [DAY 8]
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
I had absolutely no abilities at all, despite being Mafia. Was there a Mafia game where members on the Mafia side had no abilities besides KS's other one?

September 28, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
Reply #153

Offline coolcat7022

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 27, 2013, 01:01:34 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2014, 11:15:02 PM »
Mafia should always have at least ONE ability, even if just a kill.

September 29, 2014, 12:22:28 AM
Reply #154

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2014, 12:22:28 AM »
Well, seeing as the game is over now.

})>"]You are Domon Kasshu. You are a Super Townie.

(click to show/hide)

Active Ability: You can kill one person per day or night phase. You cannot do both in one whole phase.

Passive Ability: You cannot be killed during day phases as long as a Kamen Rider or a Power Ranger is still alive.

Do not reveal your role.

As Rozark quoted from me, this was a terrible mafia. I joined the game because I thought generic meant "vanilla", and then it turned out to be this weird mafia with super versions of roles which had abilities or something dumb. Coupled with KS1 being a completely inept host who can't even keep track of what his own roles actually do, it ended up becoming an unfun mess.

Of course, it probably could of ended sooner if I didn't keep trying to kill off geminibro who was stubborn at not dying. Incidentally, of the players I suspected of being mafia, Super Raveman was the only one I ended up being wrong about. Last night I was going to kill Rozark until Copy Robot joked around about Ceridran always being mafia and I thought "why not". Any case, this probably could of gone in the mafia's favor if I died, but I can't be certain since I didn't even know who my team was, but now I know it was Smash and geminibro and I wasted a bunch of phases I could of been going after my other suspects which actually were mafia. On the flipside, doing so kept me from getting me killed, so it all worked out in the end. For the super townies and Korby anyways.

September 29, 2014, 12:47:10 AM
Reply #155

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:10 AM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
Copy Robot joked around about Ceridran always being mafia and I thought "why not". Any case.

Rather "the bad guy". I still hate that joke.
Really now, this is my first time on the Mafia side.

September 29, 2014, 01:07:12 AM
Reply #156

Knux

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2014, 01:07:12 AM »
Oh, it's over? Whatever, it was going to be over soon anyways. GG

September 29, 2014, 03:24:01 AM
Reply #157

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2014, 03:24:01 AM »
Quote from: "*Alice"
You must be new to this.
Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
This is my first time playing Mafia ever.
=/

Anyway, yeah. I agree that this wasn't very well played out. I was kinda hoping that a generic mafia would be, y'know, generic. Vanilla. Something good for me to start out with. Although it was good for getting the hang of things, ultimately everything was very unbalanced. Not much else I can add onto this, except for my actor card.

})>"]You are a Kamen Rider. You are a Super Townie.

(click to show/hide)

Passive Ability: You cannot be killed during night phases as long as Domon Kasshu or a Power Ranger is alive.

Do not reveal your role.

Yes, I knew you were one of my two teammates from the beginning, Ivory. :cool:

September 29, 2014, 03:57:40 AM
Reply #158

Offline The Killer Nacho

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 03, 2013, 06:14:13 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2014, 03:57:40 AM »
I like how my regular townie character is better than Rozark's regular mafia character with nearly 2-1 townie to mafia ratio just because I had an ability in the first place

... Ivory did you kill me after I was right about starting the Hilman vote <_<

September 29, 2014, 04:16:14 AM
Reply #159

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2014, 04:16:14 AM »
Yes, yes I did. I was sorta drawing names from a hat.