Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > W.I.P Forum

The Nintendo Unofficial Expansions

(1/25) > >>

Mr. X:
Hi, everybody!  I just had a great idea for an expansion:  an expansion pack based on other classic Nintendo games.  Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Adventure, Contra, Castlevania, anything else you can think of!  In order for this pack to be most effective, I'd need a variety of skins, maps, and maybe weapons, so anybody who can do those things can sign up.

HOWEVER, I must make this clear:  I want this to be a quality pack, so I'm not accepting anything and everything that gets thrown my way.  Anyways, I kind of just thought of this, and with holidays approaching, it's not going to be done by the end of the year, or maybe not even by the end of next month.  It will be done whenever I feel we have enough material.  Anyways, if you want to contribute, feel free to tell me what you'd like to contribute.  Just remember, I have the right to reject anything, and I will use that right.

THERE ARE NOW TWO EXPANSIONS
The Nintendo Classics Expansion covers only NES and Gameboy (color) games.

The Nintendo Retro-fied Expansion (for lack of a better title) covers consoles beyond the 8-bit era, but 8-bitified.  For right now, the list of submissions will be combined and then separated when it comes time to compile the packs.

Criteria for Submissions (subject to change)
-The submission must be from a game tied closely to Nintendo.  For example, although Castlevania has expanded beyond Nintendo, it's roots lie in the NES, so it counts.
-The submission must be 8-bit.  Duh.
-The submission can be from a Nintendo console beyond the NES.  However, it must be converted to 8-bit.
-No extremely obscure games.  Part of being a classic is actually being known.

Current Maps
(click to show/hide)Vegetable Valley (Kirby's Adventure) - Mr. X
8-bit Red Brinstar (Super Metroid) - Ivory
Norfair (Metroid) - Vyse
Lybranna (Legend of Zelda:  Oracle of Ages) - Yellow Devil
Holodrum (Legend of Zelda:  Oracle of Seasons) - Mr. X
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros.) - BladeRoden
Skins
(click to show/hide)Pokemon - Magnet Man
Weapons
(click to show/hide)Star Rod (Kirby's Adventure) - Mr. X (reserved)
Slingshot (Legend of Zelda:  Oracle of Seasons) - Korby (reserved)
Any questions?  Feel free to post them!

Ivory:
If I do contribute to this, I'm so making an NES Style Red Brinstar.

Mr. X:
I'll put your name in reserve.

VyseTheLegend96:
i wouldnt mind doing lots of zelda stuff,
including hyrule castle, hyrule feild, and maybe a few others, but would i have to do my own tiles and things? if so i dont think i can do anything as of now.
if so though id like to do zelda mainly,
but you can put me down for ridley's lair aka norfair
and i wanna do banjo kazooie and tooie stages
which was nintendo, but it might take me a while to do  all these these, so idk if i could put them in this pack..
but once again, if i have to do my own tiles, ignore this as of now

KillerChair:
Oh i wanna contribute!

*brainstorms*

Ill get to you as soon as i think of something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version