Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > MM8BDM Discussion

The NEW MM8BDM Wiki - Signup here!

(1/4) > >>

CutmanMike:
NEW Wiki location here!

(Old wiki here)

The MM8BDM wiki was hosted unofficially on Wikia, but has been under quite a few vandalism attacks as of late. It also has that wikia stench with style I am not too particularly fond of and ads... oh god the ads. A lot of useful information WAS on the old wiki but a lot of it was out of date anyways. So I have created a in-house wiki for people to contribute to.

As this is going to be a more controlled environment, I am not allowing just anyone to sign up and start editing. If you want an account you should PM me (CutmanMike) with the subject "Wiki signup" in the following format:

Username: <Desired Username>
Email: <Your Email address>
Notes: <Any past experience with wikis or the MM8BDM Wikia>

Your e-mail is required so I can send you a temporary password.

Please only request access if you are actually going to help in migration from the MM8BDM wikia, as that is the most important thing at the moment.

Use this topic to discuss the wiki and fill in everyone on what you want to do. Once migration is complete we can take steps to hopefully take down the mm8bdm wikia (although this isn't too likely).

CutmanMike:
Here is a list of key things that need to be copied over:

Core Information about the game
 Information about the game modes
 Weapon pages and images/icons
 Map pages and images/icons
 Item pages and images/icons
 Boss pages and images/icons
 Any other useful information.

I am not concerned about anything else just yet (such as that MASSIVE skin list, I think something better is required for that). Later on people can feel free to use the wiki for displaying information on their custom mods.

So far I have only had two people sign up. Please help out if you have time to burn. I can see who contributes what and your efforts may be rewarded with (???)!

Jdude330:
hey, can we please have spoilers?
there is a free plugin you could use on the wiki here
it feels awkward just to put MASIVE SPOILERS as text, where people may accidentally READ what the spoiler was meant to protect.

Zero1000:
We can get a (???) for connributing? I feel tempted but there's little i can do.

Ceridran:

--- Quote from: "Jdude330" ---hey, can we please have spoilers?
there is a free plugin you could use on the wiki here
it feels awkward just to put MASIVE SPOILERS as text, where people may accidentally READ what the spoiler was meant to protect.
--- End quote ---

I talked to Mike about this a while back. We tried a spoiler plugin and it didn't work properly.

You can use this instead:

--- Code: ---<div class="toccolours mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" style="width:800px">
[Title, remove brackets]
<div class="mw-collapsible-content">[content here, remove brackets]</div>
</div>
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version