Advanced Search

Author Topic: Megaman Eternal: Trailer!  (Read 6755 times)

December 17, 2014, 06:38:11 AM
Read 6755 times

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Megaman Eternal: Trailer!
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »
Megaman Eternal was released!
Here is the trailer: http://youtu.be/HnXYPhwK1To

Did someone tried to play this game? What do you think about it ?

The design of the robotmasters looks simple or idk, not as fun as MM unlimited but the gameplay looks cool!
And there is the megaman killers =)

Long time I didnt play a 2D game, the last one was unlimited (and MM revolution).

December 17, 2014, 09:14:42 AM
Reply #1

Offline Shinryu

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 02, 2014, 03:46:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Eternal: Trailer!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:42 AM »
This should probably go in the Fangame Collection topic (it's mostly there so that multiple threads for different fan-games don't start piling up, along with keeping them more organized in general). With that being said however, I have played a rather decent amount of it so far. I didn't want to be the one to say this, but there's so many irksome aspects and questionable design choices in this game that it drags the whole experience down. I won't go into too much detail for now (since this should probably be moved to the Fangame Collection topic, as said before), but most of my complaints are primarily directed at how messed up the overall engine and physics are. It makes portions of this game downright unplayable at times.

December 17, 2014, 09:22:31 AM
Reply #2

Offline Yuri Sakazaki

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 03:17:49 AM

• View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/YuriSakazaki/
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »
Quote from: "Shinryu"
but most of my complaints are primarily directed at how messed up the overall engine and physics are. It makes portions of this game downright unplayable at times.
This was incredibly apparent from the trailer itself. Getting the Megaman physics down is important. It really makes me not really want to try it, I still probably will though.

December 17, 2014, 09:45:19 AM
Reply #3

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »
Ah it's bad then... :s
Maybe i will try it me too....just to see.
:/

December 17, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
Reply #4

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
I think a better title for this fan game would of been Mega Man Country Returns. It reminds me of DKCR where the stages are about as consistent as a silly putty. The robot masters don't even feel remotely professional. Overall looks pretty meh.

However, I do give props for actually getting the game done. That takes dedication.

December 17, 2014, 03:26:25 PM
Reply #5

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
I've never even heard of this game before. Huh.

Guess I'll give it a shot.

December 17, 2014, 03:42:00 PM
Reply #6

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
So this was one of the two forum games that I could say has been hyped for a while (the other being Unlimited and we know how that turned out) and I wasn't feeling very optimistic about this one, and BOY was I right.

Weird physics, an intro boss that deals way too much damage, really freaking weird stages (Cipher Man is Sword Man but there's Binary in one thing but I left, and I had no idea if I did it right? Also Primate Man is dumb) ehhhh graphics, robot master designs that remind me of Revolution now that I think about it, knockback that lasts 5 years, long stages with no checkpoints (why do fangames insist on doing this? There's a set limit to how long a stage should be in a Mega Man game. If you're going to make it stupidly long, at least do what Revolution did and add more checkpoints) and just overall not fun to play.

A few weird glitches I've seen was one in Jolt Man where I jumped, got stuck in the corner of a platform, couldn't move til I get hit and landed in spikes immediately. Though I haven't been able to replicate this one, doing a screen transition via jumping and when I land I'm stuck in the jumping sprite until I wiggle around a bit, and the charge noise doubling up when using Cipher Man teleporters, which is less of a glitch and more of bad programming.

Oh and Megaman's standing sprite is the first frame of his walking animation.
And Bass looks disgusting.

December 17, 2014, 03:58:35 PM
Reply #7

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
Tried it out... was not impressed at all.  Everything from the controls to the enemies to the graphics just feel wrong or is obviously stolen.  It isn't fun, and the guy's forum projects an attitude of "I know it's not right but I can't be bothered to fix it."

Pass.

December 17, 2014, 04:36:44 PM
Reply #8

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 04:36:44 PM »
I could handle the stolen RM7FC tiles, I could sorta handle the recoloured Yellow Devil sprites being taken from somebody on the spriter's resource, I could just barely handle Bass' awful edgy sprites, but when I saw that miniboss that was literally an Au-Au doubled in size in paint with tusks added on I just lost it hahahaa

December 18, 2014, 12:11:41 PM
Reply #9

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 12:11:41 PM »
I tried the intro stage and first stage, the "physic" and the game reminds me SfxMM but it's better ^^
Also, Bass seems to have a super long dash =P
The game is not bad, a cool fangame. The chargeshot is not op and there is some cool surprises. (I started with IllusionMan).
And not really hard (far from MM unlimited).
There is a bug with the boss =>
(click to show/hide)
I think, i will continue to play it, a little maybe?

And yea, Bass is weird ._., it seems, he get a super rocket dash lol....some sprites and design are really weird and simple, again...it's not better than mm Revolution I think (at least, you had bass playable in MMR).

But there is some ideas.....but the designers...anyways, i hope the final boss wont be bugged <_<

December 18, 2014, 01:23:59 PM
Reply #10

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »
Not sure if annyone noticed, but Megaman enters in the first frame of "start walking" whenever his X speed gets modified by floor (threadmill) and he has some hitbox dissonance (for example, it's way too easy to fall off ledges that you normally wouldn't fall from)

January 08, 2015, 02:43:42 AM
Reply #11

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 02:43:42 AM »
Been slowly working my way through this thing.  I'm of two minds about it... on the one hand, there's a lot of really cool things going on in this game, but on the other there's a lot of things that scream halfassed.  It really is a shame that the creator is such an asshat completely unable to handle any criticism whatsoever as somewhere underneath the bad physics, shitty art and highly questionable boss design there's some pretty cool things going on.