Advanced Search

Author Topic: Stardust's Workshop  (Read 188452 times)

December 10, 2014, 09:03:14 PM
Reply #480

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: Stardust's Workshop
« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »
Quote from: "BookofDobson"
Like what Korby said, more ranged whales please.

Actually, I never asked for more ranged hales; I just said they don't all need to be instakill melee.

December 10, 2014, 09:26:08 PM
Reply #481

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
Like what Korby said, more ranged whales please.

Actually, I never asked for more ranged hales; I just said they don't all need to be instakill melee.

Whales.... WHALES...

Mobile auto correct sucks

December 18, 2014, 06:10:46 PM
Reply #482

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 18, 2014, 06:10:46 PM »
So, I've been going through R++ the last few days playing with friends, and while I don't know how much this mod is getting worked on at the moment, I'm going to leave a butt ton of notes that I feel like could help improve things. Because while it's a million times better than previous versions of Saxton (Except Lego's his was good ;_;) there are still some odd choices that could be tweaked to make the mod better. So let's start this crazy train.

(click to show/hide)

December 18, 2014, 07:04:40 PM
Reply #483

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 18, 2014, 07:04:40 PM »
I needed to take a break after v2a and finally after the final version of v2fhhhhsomething... thanks for taking the time to post these as yes, the mod is *still* being worked on, I won't post screenshots because there's nothing really "new" (we only did improvements or revamps so far), and because I don't want to spoil for the moment, but SH V3 can be expected for 2015 and will sure provide a looooot of new features, by *hopefully* fixing the problems that were pointed in v1 and v2 regarding the gamemode or the hales/bosses themselves.

I'm just going to comment the things I have doubts or don't agree with, the remarks I don't answer to, I agree with them and expect the next version to do something about it

(click to show/hide)

December 18, 2014, 07:11:49 PM
Reply #484

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 18, 2014, 07:11:49 PM »
Yaaaay, good job people! Need to play again this mode! 3:

"will sure provide a looooot of new features" => cool! :D

December 18, 2014, 07:20:56 PM
Reply #485

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #485 on: December 18, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
the Za Warudo

You've just said "The The World".

I have a request. Change the obituaries, etc, that say "Za Warudo" to "The World", will you? Internal code modification isn't necessary and too much of a hassle.
It's a Japanese pronunciation for two English words. The stand is named after a Tarot Card. You may as well change everything else in the WAD to romanized japanese.
The obituaries for Dio aren't even accurate:

"%o's power was useless against c[d6]Dio Flash c-(%k)'s Blazing Fists!"
should be
"%o's power was useless against c[d6]The World c-(%k)'s Blazing Fists!"

"%o was temporally executed by c[d6]Dio Flash c-(%k)'s Za Warudo!"
should be
"%o was temporally executed by c[d6]Dio Flash c-(%k)'s Circle of Knives!"

Probably just nitpicking, but it's been bugging me for a while.

December 20, 2014, 06:35:58 AM
Reply #486

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 20, 2014, 06:35:58 AM »
Sigh... no one ever listens to me because they assume i hate saxton and say that all hales suck :(

MWS and HSH do suck ofc and this is why:
MWS seems to be made to die thats about it. you tell us he is a support but the only support he does is his rage. His harpoons have rather poor firing rate and semi weak power not mention small hitbox. who wants to run around like a dummy with armor when his weps dont do shit?  His water is so hilariously bad. it just pushes people to the side not back. it should at leasg send people spinning messing up their aim. hes not as bad as HSH so i would say just increase his firing speed.
HSH on the other hand is just.. why. As you can see a tank is good at killing people... HSH isn't... at all. either his main has a absurdly small hitbox or it flat out doesn't work exactly 1/3 of the time. his ammo depletes way to fast an regens way too slow. however even if you didn't use  all the meter you can't shoot unless its full. Thats just bull. This is where the item comes in but what if i don't have it? its SLOWER than the main refill and i can't run im way too slow, so i get swarmed by the crowd and dead because power weapons. there is nothing fun about being a practice dummy waiting for your team to bail you out, when most of the time they are dead.

December 20, 2014, 07:40:27 AM
Reply #487

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 20, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »

That is Sakuya's move not Dio's
In fact it's fun you mention romanized japanese in the obits because Gouki was planned to have entirely roumanized written obits but I couldn't find a translater ;(
Another thing, similar to how there are English words used in other languages like parking, barman, bluff, club, w/e, you wouldn't write all your sentence in japanese if you'd say like "let's go outside eat some sushis" even though the name "sushi" is romanized
If you really want The World to appear on the obits though, I could call Dio's rage attack "Za Warudo", but I could say the blazing fists attack of his stand would display "%o's power was useless against c[d6]Dio Flash c-(%k)'s The World's Blazing Fists!", because his stand's name is the same name as his famous attack (correct me if I'm wrong?)

I laughed at the above post when I read "As you can see a tank is good at killing people... HSH isn't... at all". A tank's role isn't to deal damage  at all xD the tank is meant to polarize the attention on him/her and redirect attacks that could hit the other fragile members, that's why the sucking exists, if this isn't tanking :^) to use his main, aim to the feets of the target instead of on the head, it should work better.
I'm saying that again because as you can see you're not reading my posts neither but his health is Gilgamesh tier, so alone he has like the health of 7 or 8 buster rod gs (that's a new unit), and if you didn't know the main goal of this hale is to work as a team instead of being separated.
I'd say MWS < HSH but opinionz

Either way on a more global scale, most hales are UP and Genesis Unit are planned to be buffed, I already said it

December 20, 2014, 08:14:38 AM
Reply #488

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #488 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:38 AM »
but...all of akuma's attacks are already romanized.
hadoken, shoryuken, Messatsu Gouhadou, etc.
all of that is romanized japanese

December 20, 2014, 08:35:14 AM
Reply #489

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 20, 2014, 08:35:14 AM »
Yea but like, even the rest of the obits, and the rest of every text in the battle, even the rage message (??? nani sore kakuna shusi raeg lfmnqlfsbm)
the round was meant to be like 100% japanese

December 20, 2014, 12:48:14 PM
Reply #490

Offline MrL1193

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 25, 2013, 05:50:14 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 20, 2014, 12:48:14 PM »
Well, it's been a while since I last commented in this thread and the latest version of the mod has been around a while now, so I guess I'll take a moment to list some of my own thoughts. Some of this might be stuff I've already mentioned before; it's been a while, so please forgive me.

Runes:

(click to show/hide)

Bosses:

(click to show/hide)

Other miscellaneous stuff:

(click to show/hide)

December 20, 2014, 04:06:54 PM
Reply #491

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #491 on: December 20, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
I still think Dio would've been a perfect secret boss.

December 20, 2014, 04:12:38 PM
Reply #492

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #492 on: December 20, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »
I've been sort of "bleh" on the idea of secret bosses. I feel like if you have a fun boss, it shouldn't be hidden. Especially considering the fact that perfects are already difficult enough to get. I could imagine Akuma/Gouki being a secret boss because well, OP. However the rest should just be nerfed somewhat and be added as normal bosses (but at a rarer chance maybe).

December 20, 2014, 04:28:29 PM
Reply #493

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 20, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »
Quote from: "Stardust"

That is Sakuya's move not Dio's
In fact it's fun you mention romanized japanese in the obits because Gouki was planned to have entirely roumanized written obits but I couldn't find a translater ;(
Another thing, similar to how there are English words used in other languages like parking, barman, bluff, club, w/e, you wouldn't write all your sentence in japanese if you'd say like "let's go outside eat some sushis" even though the name "sushi" is romanized
If you really want The World to appear on the obits though, I could call Dio's rage attack "Za Warudo", but I could say the blazing fists attack of his stand would display "%o's power was useless against c[d6]Dio Flash c-(%k)'s The World's Blazing Fists!", because his stand's name is the same name as his famous attack (correct me if I'm wrong?)

I laughed at the above post when I read "As you can see a tank is good at killing people... HSH isn't... at all". A tank's role isn't to deal damage  at all xD the tank is meant to polarize the attention on him/her and redirect attacks that could hit the other fragile members, that's why the sucking exists, if this isn't tanking :^) to use his main, aim to the feets of the target instead of on the head, it should work better.
I'm saying that again because as you can see you're not reading my posts neither but his health is Gilgamesh tier, so alone he has like the health of 7 or 8 buster rod gs (that's a new unit), and if you didn't know the main goal of this hale is to work as a team instead of being separated.
I'd say MWS < HSH but opinionz

Either way on a more global scale, most hales are UP and Genesis Unit are planned to be buffed, I already said it

I should have coined the term about the tank differently but still i can aim everywhere on the player the main still works 1/3 of the time.  yes i am reading your posts (rude...) Really who cares how much HP he has? if his means of defending himself are shit he his going to get hitstuned and die.
please stop impling im not doing something before i talk.

December 20, 2014, 08:59:22 PM
Reply #494

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
(No subject)
« Reply #494 on: December 20, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »
Quote from: "Stardust"
A tank's role isn't to deal damage  at all xD the tank is meant to polarize the attention on him/her and redirect attacks that could hit the other fragile members, that's why the sucking exists, if this isn't tanking :^)

if his means of defending himself are shit he his going to get hitstuned and die.

As much as I dislike the bikdark face (even if someone else is using it), if a tank were to deal significant amounts of damage, they would need to become less fragile and scale weirdly- a fighter of sorts. A tank at the core is what Stardust said and is what Duo is. In a perfect new-ish structure, the tank would be the only one dead. However, the enemy team would be completely wiped out because of the tank focus. The damage dealers/healers (The ones you actually need to protect) would live; and it is the tank's goal to absorb the damage for them so the fragiles live. If the tank dealt significant damage, well, most other classes would be out of a job as the tank does their jobs better.

So yes, if a tank dies, they're doing their job right.