Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Expansion] Megaman Rocks!  (Read 29797 times)

October 03, 2016, 01:46:23 AM
Read 29797 times

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion
  • Date Registered: June 27, 2016, 02:26:47 PM

• View Profile
[Expansion] Megaman Rocks!
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:46:23 AM »
Greetings, My name is MetalMasher, also known as ''N0dusTh3Unf0rgiv3n'' and My Plan is Revive an Old Project of a Game Called Mega Man Rocks.

Mega Man Rocks Gameplay Link:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baTjAAraKX4]

Original Thread:

[http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=2124.0]

The Creator of this Project is a Guy Called ''CHAOS_FANTASY'', all the Stuff Found on The Old

Topic Will be Redone and Used, Me and My Team are Working hard in this project.

Like CHAOS_FANTASY, i Will Coding The Lists to Make Them Easier to Interpret:

Things Marked in Green Are Finished.

Things Marked in Orange Are Being Worked on.

Things With no Mark Have Been Not Started/Claimed.

Things Marked in Purple Are Optional, Will be Worked After The Main Things.

Skins
(click to show/hide)

Bots
(click to show/hide)

Weapons
(click to show/hide)

Maps
(click to show/hide)

Actors
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)
All This As Being done with Erich Ruth's (Mega Man Rocks Creator) Permission.

Any Sound Can Be found in Game's Folder, For Those Are Interested, Here Is The Game's Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/du23n8rqyf0d0g6/MegaManRocks.rar

Resources And Tiles Are Been Provided By Me, If Someone Has a Question, Don't Have Fear to Ask.

For More Info, Come To Mega Man Rocks Discord:                                                                  [https://discord.gg/4nkJXne]

October 08, 2016, 03:00:13 AM
Reply #1

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man Rocks! REVIVAL ATTEMPT
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 03:00:13 AM »
For more Information, Here is The Mega Man Rocks Discord:
                [https://discord.gg/4nkJXne]

October 08, 2016, 03:40:02 AM
Reply #2

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 03:40:02 AM »
First off.

Could you provide links to the sprites for the robot masters? You simply can't expect anyone to magically find the sprite rips by going on Google, what if the game is hard to rip from?

Second, did you ask anybody why the MegaMan Rocks expansion was abandoned in the first place?

October 08, 2016, 06:10:18 AM
Reply #3

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 06:10:18 AM »
First off.

Could you provide links to the sprites for the robot masters? You simply can't expect anyone to magically find the sprite rips by going on Google, what if the game is hard to rip from?

Second, did you ask anybody why the MegaMan Rocks expansion was abandoned in the first place?

First: Sorry, I Will Provide The Links Soon as Possible.
         Second: From my point of View, The Expansion was Abandoned Because the Creator has no more            Motivation to Continue the Project.

October 10, 2016, 03:56:29 AM
Reply #4

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
Alright uhhh...

The primary reasons most expansions fail is due to a nasty combination of lack of interest or motivation from developers or leaders, or the inability for a leader to motivate progress for any number of reasons.

Rock Force got a full expansion's worth of content in weapons and maps because its leader, Maxine, was rather diligent about kicking people's asses when they promised to have content for her and if the person didn't follow up with them or did not have content to present she either did it herself or got someone else more capable to complete the required content for the expansion.

I wasn't around for Rockman no Constancy's expansion but I assume the situation was similar.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is you need a capable leader and willing people to complete a project such as this. If you can't even present resources or credibility that you can carry your own weight as well as that of those who aren't willing to put in any effort, your expansion will not succeed.

This post was not meant to be dissing you or anyone else, it was supposed to be a realistic [albeit rather pessimistic] view on projects such as these as a whole.
Create some meaningful content. Give us something to chew on, maybe prototype a weapon or something. Get people excited about your content, something to look forward to, then attempt to rally people.

October 10, 2016, 11:41:52 PM
Reply #5

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 11:41:52 PM »
Alright uhhh...

The primary reasons most expansions fail is due to a nasty combination of lack of interest or motivation from developers or leaders, or the inability for a leader to motivate progress for any number of reasons.

Rock Force got a full expansion's worth of content in weapons and maps because its leader, Maxine, was rather diligent about kicking people's asses when they promised to have content for her and if the person didn't follow up with them or did not have content to present she either did it herself or got someone else more capable to complete the required content for the expansion.

I wasn't around for Rockman no Constancy's expansion but I assume the situation was similar.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is you need a capable leader and willing people to complete a project such as this. If you can't even present resources or credibility that you can carry your own weight as well as that of those who aren't willing to put in any effort, your expansion will not succeed.

This post was not meant to be dissing you or anyone else, it was supposed to be a realistic [albeit rather pessimistic] view on projects such as these as a whole.
Create some meaningful content. Give us something to chew on, maybe prototype a weapon or something. Get people excited about your content, something to look forward to, then attempt to rally people.

Thank You For the Feedback, Me and my Team are Capable to Revive This Project and Make This a Good Expansion, I Already Provided The Resources, This Expansion Will Became Big as Rock Force as.

October 11, 2016, 01:32:26 AM
Reply #6

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 01:32:26 AM »
Lego is right.

If you want to get an expansion successful, you gotta get some people who will want to help.
Like I said before, if you want to have people start working on things like skins or maps, you have to provide the resources yourself. You have to have a positive attitude towards the contributors if you want them to do anything.

It's nice to have someone you trust and who is experienced to contribute, but it also wouldn't hurt to let some newer people to give in their 2 cents. If their quality doesn't go up to your standards, don't reject them and tell them "you're not good enough for us". Try to explain why their work isn't as good as it could be, and try to work with them until they get it right. You shouldn't exclude anyone who wants to help!

October 11, 2016, 02:51:18 PM
Reply #7

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
Me and My Team do not Exclude someone Who Wants to Help,quite the opposite, We appreciate and recruit.

October 17, 2016, 10:04:23 PM
Reply #8

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man Rocks! EXPANSION PACK!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 10:04:23 PM »
Everyone is Welcome, Do Not Have Fear To Ask Something.

October 17, 2016, 10:51:32 PM
Reply #9

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 10:51:32 PM »
It's like I already said before, no site has the sprites of the game but my idea is more like this: when someone need some sprite or tile

If that is the case, I would gladly rip the sprites for you if you absolutely cannot find any site that hosts it. I might even make a skin too if I have enough time.

October 18, 2016, 01:10:13 AM
Reply #10

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 01:10:13 AM »
If that is the case, I would gladly rip the sprites for you if you absolutely cannot find any site that hosts it. I might even make a skin too if I have enough time.
Thank You, I did not Find Sites That Hosts MMR Content, But I Get Some Sheets Talking With Erich Ruth (Mega Man Rocs Creator), Here is an Example:

October 18, 2016, 01:26:28 AM
Reply #11

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 01:26:28 AM »
If You Have Some Question, Don't have Fear to Ask.

October 18, 2016, 02:27:52 AM
Reply #12

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 02:27:52 AM »
well, then i thank you, but just now, I was exchanging an idea with Erich Ruth (game creator) and He sent me the game sprite sheets, this is an example:

Could you ask him to send you the robot master sheets too?

October 19, 2016, 12:44:02 AM
Reply #13

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 12:44:02 AM »
Could you ask him to send you the robot master sheets too?
The Robot Maters Sheet Is in The SKINS Section, But Sinse you Asked, Here is The Sheet again:

October 19, 2016, 12:47:23 AM
Reply #14

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:23 AM »
Finished Doorman, This was Very Good.