Advanced Search

Author Topic: Map suggestion for MM10PUM  (Read 3137 times)

May 11, 2021, 09:14:28 AM
Read 3137 times

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
Map suggestion for MM10PUM
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »
In the dev Q&A video, I remember Russel saying he would be open to suggestions for changing MM10PUM without entirely reworking the map. My suggestion is fairly simple: Raise the lowest points of the map to reduce the number of jumps. The reason for this is because I am a firm believer in the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory of vertical combat, which essentially means that people on low ground are at an inherent disadvantage when fighting. This disadvantage is compounded by the fact that once you're in the bottom part of the map, it becomes difficult to walk around since there's a brown ring that requires you to jump at least once before you can begin your ascent to the top of the map. By raising the low points of the map and giving the player more breathing room at the bottom, it becomes easier to have actual firefights and also becomes easier to use the jump pads to rise up to the top. This is because it's now easier for players to walk onto the brown ring and then walk onto the pads.
Before:
(click to show/hide)
After:
(click to show/hide)
If you want to see my edits in action, here's the wad file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz1z5zl0is2asnu/MendezOnMM10PUM.wad?dl=0