Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff Minecraft Server! FTB ULTIMATE! (Closed again)  (Read 146796 times)

January 25, 2012, 07:27:39 PM
Reply #420

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2010, 04:47:35 AM

• View Profile
    • http://josephlithius.tumblr.com
Re: Cutstuff Minecraft Server! (WHITELIST ENABLED)
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »
I'd personally rather have an activity-logging plugin and rollback plugin, myself...  Like, for example, the latest dev version of LogBlock.  It's like "Big Brother" was, but better, apparently.  And it's actually still being updated despite the whole "server monitor plugin merge" thing with Big Brother, LogBlock, and Hawkeye that was supposed to be happening five months ago.  The only downside is that it works on a MySQL database which, as a number of people know, isn't the most secure thing in the world.  But so long as it's just you that has access to the thing, I don't see a problem. (More information on LogBlock can be found here.)

Another interesting plugin I found was GreylistVote.  Basically, it puts everyone on the white list into a "grey list", which means they can log in, but can't actually build.  The people of the server can then vote people up or down to get them full white list access.  The up-side of this is it means the players themselves can catch people in the act of griefing and penalize them for it.  The down-swing is, of course, that it could be abused by people ganging up on people they don't like.  But it's helpful.

Also, CraftBukkit has been updated to 1.1-R1.  Just tossing that out there.

January 25, 2012, 08:01:49 PM
Reply #421

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
If the logging tool also covers item taking and depositing in chests i'd say why not, otherwise, a lock is probaly a good idea. A 'grey list' seems a bit... offensive to the newcomers though, i can understand the concept and reason but almost the entire reason people play it is to build, they mine to make houses(of stone) and tools of iron, to build even more.

Disallowing one to build would be equal to banning said person from the server, almost, and its not a great introduction, in short.
Hm, im starting to wonder when, or if the lock plugin will be installed.

January 25, 2012, 08:51:11 PM
Reply #422

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »
LogBlock features logging for not just blocks, but chest contents and a number of other things.  Provided the dev build works with the latest version of Bukkit and Minecraft, it should be a fairly great deturrent to the rash of vandalism and theft we've been having.  The only downside is that it doesn't log WotldEdit or Super PickAxe actions, though currently, only Mike has access to those plugins, so it should be a non-issue.

January 25, 2012, 11:22:34 PM
Reply #423

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »
Logblock and that chest locking thing have been enabled

January 26, 2012, 01:46:55 AM
Reply #424

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2012, 01:46:55 AM »
Foolish Minecraft citizens! You know not what ye hath done.

January 26, 2012, 03:03:53 AM
Reply #425

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2012, 03:03:53 AM »
What?  You mean the whole "now that people can't access our chests, they're going to burn down our villages and rape our robots" thing?  Oh, I think we're well aware.

January 26, 2012, 01:31:10 PM
Reply #426

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Collins"
 Provided the dev build works with the latest version of Bukkit and Minecraft, it should be a fairly great deturrent to the rash of vandalism and theft we've been having.  
I play on a server running 1.1, and logblock works fine. Only problem I have is it won't rollback creeper and ghast explosions.

January 26, 2012, 02:19:07 PM
Reply #427

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Considering there is a logging thing now, i doubt they would get away with such for long, and otherwise maybe Cutman either installed a rollback thing or atleast he could hand out the rough amount of blocks most people lost in the destruction, if something really has to be done.

Was thinking those chests could be employed as an impenetrable blockade around something, but the person's name would be all over it and mike's Admin Axe(tm) crushes them as well.
So all in all i dont see much issues with locking chests except for claiming other people's chests, but his axe works for that too, he can just look at who owns the house it is in and ask anyone else to confirm that, as given the not so large community, most people should know eachother's places.

January 26, 2012, 02:51:05 PM
Reply #428

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
Quote from: "CarThief"
Considering there is a logging thing now, i doubt they would get away with such for long, and otherwise maybe Cutman either installed a rollback thing or atleast he could hand out the rough amount of blocks most people lost in the destruction, if something really has to be done.

Was thinking those chests could be employed as an impenetrable blockade around something, but the person's name would be all over it and mike's Admin Axe(tm) crushes them as well.
So all in all i dont see much issues with locking chests except for claiming other people's chests, but his axe works for that too, he can just look at who owns the house it is in and ask anyone else to confirm that, as given the not so large community, most people should know eachother's places.
Logblock includes rollback, by area and by user. It also can log chest activity.

January 26, 2012, 05:03:01 PM
Reply #429

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
Quote from: "ficarra1002"
I play on a server running 1.1, and logblock works fine. Only problem I have is it won't rollback creeper and ghast explosions.
I fail to see the problem, since those are "natural disasters".  LogBlock was created mostly to circumvent and roll-back griefing, not mob damage.  Granted, it's easy to say "User A lead an army of Creepers into town and set them all off one after another!", but that takes some seriously dedicated griefing. (I should know.  I used to "kite", or aggravate hostile, super-powerful mobs into cities in World of Warcraft back when I had a good connection.  It was fun!  But only if there were people around.  :x)

Edit: Houston, we have a problem.  The server -- the entire Cutstuff family of sites and the Minecraft server -- have become randomly unstable!  It keeps going down every time someone tries to do something!  I'm not sure if it's because of something someone's doing, or because of bad weather, but it really is frustrating considering I'm personally currently trying to navigate that chasm that claimed my entire inventory many moons ago. (The place still sucks.  Skeleton snipers on the ridges!  What the crap!  D:)

January 26, 2012, 05:43:01 PM
Reply #430

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
Well there's probaly nothing to fear then. Sometimes the server does randomly freeze up for me, but other Internet stuff works just fine. Do make sure you avoid the Creepers that love to fall from high up dark ledges, ravines are bastards like that.

Hmm... Well atleast griefers will be logged apparently.

January 26, 2012, 05:45:56 PM
Reply #431

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »
Server seems a-ok to me at the moment at least

January 26, 2012, 06:14:03 PM
Reply #432

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Collins"
Quote from: "ficarra1002"
I fail to see the problem, since those are "natural disasters".  LogBlock was created mostly to circumvent and roll-back griefing, not mob damage.  Granted, it's easy to say "User A lead an army of Creepers into town and set them all off one after another!", but that takes some seriously dedicated griefing. (I should know.  I used to "kite", or aggravate hostile, super-powerful mobs into cities in World of Warcraft back when I had a good connection.  It was fun!  But only if there were people around.  :x)

Edit: Houston, we have a problem.  The server -- the entire Cutstuff family of sites and the Minecraft server -- have become randomly unstable!  It keeps going down every time someone tries to do something!  I'm not sure if it's because of something someone's doing, or because of bad weather, but it really is frustrating considering I'm personally currently trying to navigate that chasm that claimed my entire inventory many moons ago. (The place still sucks.  Skeleton snipers on the ridges!  What the crap!  D:)
The creeper baiting actually happened, and god it was a pain to fix. Someone wrecked our spawn city that way.

January 27, 2012, 02:50:05 AM
Reply #433

Offline chuggaafan1

• Standard Member

• not a fan, really
  • Date Registered: November 26, 2010, 06:14:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 27, 2012, 02:50:05 AM »
BTW I Started A Shop In The Village!

January 27, 2012, 05:16:03 AM
Reply #434

Offline TeirusuNuigurumi

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 14, 2011, 09:20:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2012, 05:16:03 AM »
wish i could join but i ain't prenium...  sigh...