Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff Minecraft Server! FTB ULTIMATE! (Closed again)  (Read 146580 times)

January 20, 2012, 09:30:58 AM
Reply #390

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2010, 04:47:35 AM

• View Profile
    • http://josephlithius.tumblr.com
Re: Cutstuff Minecraft Server! (WHITELIST ENABLED)
« Reply #390 on: January 20, 2012, 09:30:58 AM »
Hm.  Now that I'm a little calmer, I feel compelled to address a couple replies to my vent post, as well as go over a couple other things:
Quote from: "ficarra1002"
Why not just kill him back?
There's a few reasons I didn't just kill him back:
First and foremost, and I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, I was already having a horrible day when he attacked me for no reason.  You can ask around, I was pissing and moaning about every little thing after a while. (As I said, creepers and spiders were constantly on me, I dug into a giant crevice and lost a number of things, and so forth.)  I'm sure on a perfectly normal day, I still would have asked what his problem was, but my shitty day climaxed with me telling the entire server to fuck off and leaving in a PK Shitstorm of my own impotent rage and frustration.  To the rest of the server, I apologize for that.
Now, even if I had been more rational, I still wouldn't have killed him back.  I'm not much into PvP for a couple reasons -- my lag gives the other person/people a huge advantage, plus I suck at it.  Plus, what would have stopped him from killing me again?  Were we just going to spend the rest of the day killing each other for no reason other than "he started it"?  I have better things to do that get into a pissing contest, really...
Quote from: "TERRORsphere"
Pvp is fun and pvp IS enabled.
PvP is indeed enabled and can be a lot of fun.  Provided you're aware that you're at risk of being attacked at any time.  Given that in my entire almost-a-month stay on the server, I had not been intentionally (being the key word) attacked once prior despite PvP being on the entire time, I was reasonably sure no one would attack me.  And then along you come and whacked away at me with what I can only assume was a stolen Iron Sword, since brotoad mentioned you were rifling through his stored inventory prior.  As mentioned above, I could have handled the situation better, but that doesn't change the fact that what you did was, at the absolute very least, extremely rude.

Now, in the last server, someone utterly destroyed a random NPC village, so we designated that as a dedicated PvP arena.  I think a PvP arena in this new server would also be a good idea, if only so people have a place away from the main town to bash each others' brains in.  But PvP isn't for everyone and just because it's enabled doesn't mean that it's a good idea to go attacking whomever you want.  Not everyone is going to find it as amusing as the attacker.  Let's say for instance that someone attacked and killed you, DT.  Just completely on a whim.  You might laugh and say "nice one", but for how long?  Let's say they did it again.  And again.  And again.  Let's say this prevented you from re-equipping and being even remotely prepared to defend yourself.  Then what?  Would you still laugh it off?  Or would you get sick of it and leave?
I believe this was the point Mike was trying to make in his post; that the server is whitelisted to prevent things like this from happening.  Of course, there's always going to be one or two people that cause chaos regardless, but at least the chaos can be controlled to a degree if you narrow down the suspects to just people you personally know or people that regular your forums.

So.  All that said, I'm still taking a break from this server at least.  I need to.  I'm sure people have been getting sick of my whining in-server the last two days besides.  My place is still up for grabs if someone wants it.  I have some degree of random items and a little bit of livestock.  The coordinates for the entrance are at about x:28, z:219.

Have fun.

January 20, 2012, 11:34:39 AM
Reply #391

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• A Nightmare before Christmas

• The neighborhood instant moe otaku.
  • Date Registered: January 19, 2011, 06:55:02 PM

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #391 on: January 20, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
Im Awsome  :cool:

EDIT: I went ahead and moved into Joseph Collins place

January 20, 2012, 05:11:47 PM
Reply #392

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #392 on: January 20, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Collins"
And then along you come and whacked away at me with what I can only assume was a stolen Iron Sword, since brotoad mentioned you were rifling through his stored inventory prior.  As mentioned above, I could have handled the situation better, but that doesn't change the fact that what you did was, at the absolute very least, extremely rude.
nigga plz.

I only looked through his chests. It was my sword that I just grabbed from my chest in my ugly base.

Quote from: "CutmanMike"
DTD you've been removed, you know why
No warning system?  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

January 20, 2012, 11:24:46 PM
Reply #393

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 20, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »
I suppose a warning system would technically be fair, but eh... From what i hear from Brotoad and others... I honestly did expect you to be capable of more... Self-control, on your part, assuming they're speaking the truth. I guess at best it can be hoped the ban is temporarely. Seems a bit harsh anyway for a potentially mistaken situation otherwise.

On a more positive note, Brotoad and i did make each our own uh, machines to help obtain music discs from Creepers, both got quite alot of music discs now, his works best with 2 people and you simply lure stuff into it, while mine is a more luck-based one. In the hopes of monsters spawning in there, one Creeper and one Skeleton minimally, to start the pistons and divide the monsters so the Skeleton can be tricked into hitting the Creeper... But i suppose his worked better so far, heh.

January 21, 2012, 12:33:01 AM
Reply #394

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2012, 12:33:01 AM »
Minecraft 1.2 Snapshots (As of 12w03a)
   * Ladders regained their collision box
   * Vines are climbable if you push into a solid block while next to them
   * Added jungle biome (requires a new world) with ferns and new wood and leaf types
   * Updated language files
   * Dispensers dispensing Spawn Eggs will place Mobs instead of simply dispensing the eggs
   * Spawn eggs are now stackable
   * Zombies have new path-finding AI
   * Wolves have new AI and can be bred with meat (when tamed)

Oh dear, This means a new world (Mike should get that one thing where we can save our items from the current world into the next world, it'd require waiting until Bukkit for 1.2 comes, but it'd be worth it to keep some items)

(click to show/hide)

January 21, 2012, 01:51:52 AM
Reply #395

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
Not making a new world until an official version is released. If there's big changes when this happens, I may decide to reset everyone's stuff anyway.

January 21, 2012, 12:18:29 PM
Reply #396

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »
Suppose i'm not afraid of a new world so soon, but in the case it is too soon for most, i suggest to keep this as an, uh... Backup plan, for when the majority get bored of the world, i suppose.

Does seem highly interesting, being able to spawn monsters via traps, hehe... I imagine whatever Cutman is making will be twice as dangerous next version.
And any luck on finding a proper detective mod?

January 21, 2012, 04:06:57 PM
Reply #397

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »
That reminds me.

For those who aren't aware, CutmanMike has installed Bukkit on the Minecraft server.  Bukkit itself does next to nothing... however, there are a near-infinite amount of random plugins available for it.  It may be worth your time to browse through the Bukkit Plugin List for suggestions.  It houses everything from practical plugins (locking doors, player-bound chests, activity logs) to ridiculous or silly fun plugins (Creeper air raids, eggs explode on impact, a plugin that kills players with a barrage of arrows if they mention a certain The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim joke...).

January 21, 2012, 05:41:51 PM
Reply #398

Offline brotoad

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: February 25, 2010, 01:33:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://brotoad.tumblr.com/
« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
i think if we do make a new world, it should be jungle themed. like tree top houses with bridges inbetween!
i don't expect the update to be out for a while though

January 21, 2012, 05:46:12 PM
Reply #399

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 21, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
The idea's making me look forward to it already, heh. I looked through the first page of that addon list, and noticed anti-X-Ray stuff, too, and probaly some monitoring/logging stuff here and there, maybe any of those are worth installing? I'd still be in favor of no custom game content but some of those security/anti-hack/cheat tools seem very usefull, if they work.

And the anti arrow in the you_know_where addon seems wonderfull if the joke gets overly popular in here, heh.
Edit: Coming back anytime soon as well? Or still kinda had it with what happened, although atleast DTD wont be able to bother you for now, it seems.

January 21, 2012, 06:49:32 PM
Reply #400

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 21, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
Welp... like I said, DT wasn't the sole reason I ran away in a tizz.  He just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back on that day.  Either way, I think I may want to chill out a bit longer.

January 21, 2012, 08:15:54 PM
Reply #401

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #401 on: January 21, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Collins"
Welp... like I said, DT wasn't the sole reason I ran away in a tizz.  He just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back on that day.  Either way, I think I may want to chill out a bit longer.
Does that mean I can be re-added to the white list? :P

January 23, 2012, 03:50:10 PM
Reply #402

Offline sipfried

• Standard Member

• dont beleve me
  • Date Registered: February 05, 2011, 10:49:42 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
fun true story : i looking in my mine and a creeper comming . i run away and BOOM the creeper explode . and i saw in the hole 8 diamond :) (i saw 1 but i mineing it and there was 8 )

January 23, 2012, 05:34:25 PM
Reply #403

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2012, 05:34:25 PM »
Ah, ussually they're nothing but trouble.

Also i noticed the spawn zone was moved to the centre, but personally i find that rather inconvenient for my personal house im building below it, and not to mention, no-one can use the signs! Makes repairs from Creeper explosions impossible as well!

I was thinking, its best to keep the spawn zone in a uninhabited area, but in eyesight of the village, or buildings near it, so, any chance the spawn can do into an suitable area, such as maybe a bit past those woods that are being pointed across the lake, or anything else you find suitable.
If there is no good spot im pretty sure the people there wont mind helping by setting up either easy to notice waypoints or simply giving coordinates if the spawn is far away.
(click to show/hide)

January 23, 2012, 06:57:09 PM
Reply #404

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
Quote from: "CarThief"
abundance of monsters and darkness.
Not best for a spawn zone