Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3D beta + Mapper's needed!  (Read 207127 times)

December 07, 2012, 08:03:14 PM
Reply #375

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
Re: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3B + NOW ACCEPTING HAL
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
first of all I love you just for making a Quote hale
You might want to thank CHAOS_FANTAZY too. I'm using his blueprints for Quote.

second of all I would be happy to supply skin frames or something

Also CHAOS_FANTAZY's idea...unless he can agree to use a different set of skin sprites for Quote.

and third of all those arms are too straight and look like noodles :ugeek:
Most of the arm would get cropped off when they get positioned together. I'll try curving the arm downward a bit...again.

December 07, 2012, 08:04:59 PM
Reply #376

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3C + NOT ACCEPTING FOR
« Reply #376 on: December 07, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »
argh not blaze's human quote
the dude has white skin, not...white skin!

December 07, 2012, 08:32:06 PM
Reply #377

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »
hey Misdreavus would you not mind if I made a Quote skin

also, why not make Quote start off with the Spur and use the Blade as part of the rage
the Blade is an OHKO in the game and is supposed to shoot out those sexy throwing swords anyways
and besides, starting with a weapon you have to charge to OHKO and then upgrading to a natural OHKO makes more sense

December 07, 2012, 08:39:35 PM
Reply #378

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »
First, let me dump a thousand thank-yous on your head for actually designing Quote when I thought nobody would.  Seriously.  It brings my heart great joy.

Quote from: "DarkAura"

King's Sword. Need an idea of what color to actually make it. Cyan, maybe?
What's wrong with leaving it the color that it is?

Super Rocket Launcher. NES color limits can't make it orange. Quote sorta holds it over his shoulder when using it which explains the lack of his arm in this sprite. Might add his fingers on the top like he's grasping the top of it to hold it up.
Actually, I had a thought about that...people are always saying "we need more duo bosses," etc., so in the event that Quote got accepted, Curly Brace was going to be right after him (And then they could be another duo), and the Super Missile Launcher was going to go to her while Quote uses the normal counterpart.
(click to show/hide)
So, um...yeah, that should be the Normal Missile Launcher.

Nemesis. Might need to angle it outward some more.
Definitely; it looks like it's being aimed to the side.

Spur. Anyone mind if the Spur takes on a "revolver" type forme?
I always interpreted the Spur as more of a laser-gun-type-gun.  It's basically a white version of the Polar Star, though, which you can see with a lot of detail here.  Admittedly, my HUDsprites fail to capture this too.

Quote from: "Korby"
argh not blaze's human quote
the dude has white skin, not...white skin!
[/quote]
Yeah, I'm really not too fond of it either.  It'll work as a nice placeholder until we get something better, though, because--like I've already said--Wiiware sprites are way out of place.

hey Misdreavus would you not mind if I made a Quote skin
I don't care one way or the other, but ask DA up there, not me.  He's the one who needs it.

also, why not make Quote start off with the Spur and use the Blade as part of the rage
the Blade is an OHKO in the game and is supposed to shoot out those sexy throwing swords anyways
and besides, starting with a weapon you have to charge to OHKO and then upgrading to a natural OHKO makes more sense
The Blade isn't an OHKO; which Cave Story have you been playing?  It's a short-ranged, high-damage weapon, yes, but far from an OHKO.  It does 12 damage on L1, 18 on L2, and 3 per hit on L3.
Really, the idea presented before isn't an accurate depictions of King's Sword to begin with.  It's a melee weapon, not thrown, for one; and its damage received a huge buff.  I would have it be one of his guns, but honestly, non-melee boss weapons (Cave Johnson's Lemon Launcher, and Curly's Fireball Gun discussed above) are awkward.
To me, the progression of "Melee OHKO" to "Ranged OHKO" makes sense.  And, admit it, you'd have fun dual-wielding the two strongest weapons in the game.

December 07, 2012, 11:14:58 PM
Reply #379

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 07, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »
Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
The Blade isn't an OHKO; which Cave Story have you been playing?
this one

(click to show/hide)

December 07, 2012, 11:29:54 PM
Reply #380

Offline Balrog

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2012, 11:29:54 PM »
agagagh

Those HUDs are ass. It looks like Quote is inspecting the weapon, not shooting people with it. Definitely angle it out more. The Spur should be a shiny laser pistol thing or possibly like how it looks in the Cave Story Update, since it's all white in the PC version and in my opinion the Nicalis version looks really silly.

I'm actually in favor of using the heretical skin by Blaze, since PC sprites would be ugly blobs of color, Nicalis sprites would look out of place without significant modifications, and it's supposed to be in MM style, so if would fit in with everything else quite nicely.

The Blade isn't an OHKO; which Cave Story have you been playing?
this one

(click to show/hide)

That means one projectile, not one-hit-kills. Blame the cut-rate localization team Nicalis hired instead of trying to license the fan translation.

December 09, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
Reply #381

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
So, I actually just recently started getting into this Hale craze mainly because nobody plays classes anymore. and it's been bothering me. Ghost of Starman v2 is one of the cooler bosses in my opinion, but it just bugs me that his skin is... well, Star Man. Have you considered a Ghost of Starman skin? I'm not too experienced at skin-making, but I could possibly make one based on an EB0 sprite or something?

Just a thought.

December 09, 2012, 12:19:19 AM
Reply #382

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2012, 12:19:19 AM »
Quote from: "Accel"
So, I actually just recently started getting into this Hale craze mainly because nobody plays classes anymore. and it's been bothering me. Ghost of Starman v2 is one of the cooler bosses in my opinion, but it just bugs me that his skin is... well, Star Man. Have you considered a Ghost of Starman skin? I'm not too experienced at skin-making, but I could possibly make one based on an EB0 sprite or something?

Just a thought.
...Um...
I don't think the bosses should be represented with stock skins; it kind of changes who they are.
Saxton Hale:  NOT SKINNED
Ghost of Starman:  NOT SKINNED
Cave Johnson:  NOT SKINNED
Robo-Christian Brutal Sniper:  NOT SKINNED
Seeman:  NOT SKINNED
Seeldier:  SKIN AVAILABLE--YELLOW DEVIL'S SOLDIER
Ninja Spy:  SKIN AVAILABLE--YELLOW DEVIL'S SPY
NeoDS:  SKINNED
PO'd Roll:  SKINNED
Ra Thor:  SKINNED
Gilgamesh:  NOT SKINNED
Slenderman:  SKINNED
Scrooge McDuck:  SKINNED
...That's a little under half the bosses that are not skinned and don't have skins available.  I think the community should band together to help those poor skinless bosses.
Quote from: "Yellow Devil"
Seeldier:  SKIN AVAILABLE--YELLOW DEVIL'S SOLDIER
Ninja Spy:  SKIN AVAILABLE--YELLOW DEVIL'S SPY
please don't use them
We already discussed this...

Also, on a side note, Silver announced a while ago that he's going to try getting something together between him and a few other members to create a map pack where each Hale gets their own map...I'd start thinking about what each map might be like.

December 09, 2012, 12:27:56 AM
Reply #383

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »
We already discussed this...
Ah, alright. Again, I just barely started playing this mod last night. Haven't had a chance to go through the entire thread. Thanks for correcting me~

December 09, 2012, 07:33:38 AM
Reply #384

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »

Better? I might need to touch up the Nemesis a bit lot.

Also, gonna shoot a suggestion for Cave: when he sets people on fire with the lemons, can ya make it so the survivors are faster instead of slower? Wouldn't make much sense if someone would just stand still or casually walked to extinguish your fire-engulfed body instead of running around, flailing your arms around like a Muppet.

December 09, 2012, 08:28:24 AM
Reply #385

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
hey non-melee Hales aren't necessarily a bad thing
« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2012, 08:28:24 AM »
I think the slowing down while on fire is to make things easier for Cave. You know, balancing and what-not. Unlike most hales (who can just RUN FORWARD and punch things) Cave requires a bit of finesse to use properly, and making his job harder wouldn't be the best approach.

Oh yeah, the HUDs are MUCH better. Nemesis needs to be tilted down a little as it looks like Quote's going to arc his shots, but I'm really loving the Spur and Super Missile Launcher.

I still think Quote needs to hold the Spur by default and upgrade to Nemesis / SML combo :ugeek:

December 09, 2012, 06:05:44 PM
Reply #386

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 09, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

Also, gonna shoot a suggestion for Cave: when he sets people on fire with the lemons, can ya make it so the survivors are faster instead of slower? Wouldn't make much sense if someone would just stand still or casually walked to extinguish your fire-engulfed body instead of running around, flailing your arms around like a Muppet.
Way better now. I say to keep it at this.

So, as you are making suggestions for a hale, I'll throw a few in too:
    (Nerf) Ghost of Starman: Rage should have him move way slower. That would give the survivors at least a chance, rather than "full speed ahead" PK Starstorm.
     (Nerf) Op(pan) Ninja Spy: Life counter should go down to 2 or have some flag that allows the server to control remotely to increase/decrease difficulty on fighting him.
     (Change) Seeldier: Rage is pretty impratical and surviveable even on direct hit. Perhaps give him a rage that has him throw OHKO Napalm Bombs within a range and varying pitch and angle.
     (Change) General rage: Add a bar that allows them to know how long they have until their rage ends. Either that or a timer.
     (Buff) Cave Johnson: Have his projectile fly faster but only remove the BOUNCEONACTORS after the first two to four tics.
     (Buff) Slender: The timer could be increased by 10*# of players in game.
     (Nerf) Scrooge: Narrow the blast radius for his super jump and make it take 2x longer to recharge.
     (Buff) Scrooge: Have the Mobies be harmless at the first few frames, but die in contact with walls/ceilings/floors for those few frames (About one or two frames), before being allowed to bounce off walls and kill enemies. That would prevent turbo whales of doom.
     (Nerf) NeoDS: Dash, sadly, has to go. It makes it the same as if Gilgamesh could have infinite rage without the explosion, and doesn't require much skill to score kills.
     (Change) Roll: Not a serious idea, but have her rage use a Roll Buster, that fires a " fully charged protobuster"

December 09, 2012, 07:00:33 PM
Reply #387

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• A Nightmare before Christmas

• The neighborhood instant moe otaku.
  • Date Registered: January 19, 2011, 06:55:02 PM

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #387 on: December 09, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"

Way better now. I say to keep it at this.

So, as you are making suggestions for a hale, I'll throw a few in too:
    (Nerf) Ghost of Starman: Rage should have him move way slower. That would give the survivors at least a chance, rather than "full speed ahead" PK Starstorm.
    If he does move slower, it should be just a little, I dont want a rage that could be avoided way to easily
     (Nerf) Op(pan) Ninja Spy: Life counter should go down to 2 or have some flag that allows the server to control remotely to increase/decrease difficulty on fighting him.
    I would just give him less health
     (Change) Seeldier: Rage is pretty impratical and surviveable even on direct hit. Perhaps give him a rage that has him throw OHKO Napalm Bombs within a range and varying pitch and angle.
     (Change) General rage: Add a bar that allows them to know how long they have until their rage ends. Either that or a timer.
    Yeah, I would like to knowe how much my rage is gonna last.
     (Buff) Cave Johnson: Have his projectile fly faster but only remove the BOUNCEONACTORS after the first two to four tics.
    , I would like his lemons to explode on contact with a player.
     (Buff) Slender: The timer could be increased by 10*# of players in game.
    Slender could use more time when theres alot of people on the server. Its hard finding every camper on the map somtimes
     (Nerf) Scrooge: Narrow the blast radius for his super jump and make it take 2x longer to recharge.
    yes
     (Buff) Scrooge: Have the Mobies be harmless at the first few frames, but die in contact with walls/ceilings/floors for those few frames (About one or two frames), before being allowed to bounce off walls and kill enemies. That would prevent turbo whales of doom.
    ummmmm...dont know about this one...I like hyper mobies.
     (Nerf) NeoDS: Dash, sadly, has to go. It makes it the same as if Gilgamesh could have infinite rage without the explosion, and doesn't require much skill to score kills.
    NeoDS's dash is a little op but I dont think it should go, Just maybe make it take longer for him to recharge or lesson the amount of times he can dash with a full bar but dont remove it completly,
     (Change) Roll: Not a serious idea, but have her rage use a Roll Buster, that fires a " fully charged protobuster"
Roll's rage has to be changed, her rage can be seriosly op somtimes, I was at 250 health one time, I was able to get my rage before I died and restore my health back to 250, this didnt end, I was able to repeat this and the last guy alive didnt have what it takes to finish me off before I could heal.

Edit:Oh hey, I think ima try making ghost of starman skin. see how that goes. Might not turn out well though because Im not the best spriter ever but oh well, lets wait and see.

Edit2: Umm, can anyone please maybe get a sprite sheet for starman for me...please?

December 09, 2012, 07:13:37 PM
Reply #388

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »
> Why is the Spur black instead of white?  Also, I love how everyone ignored the bit about Curly and the Super Missile Launcher...meh, I suppose it doesn't matter unless someone wants to take her up, too.

> I've said it a million times, but still no one listens...
All we have to do is nerf NeoDS' dash.  Make it take his full action bar, and perhaps take away his superjump as well, but then he should be good to go.

> What bothers me about Ninja Spy is he's so different from his original.  In Freak Fortress 2, time would slow when Ninja Spy lost a life, but he would somehow move faster than the other players, allowing him to catch up to and cut down anyone who was fighting him.  He also had a completely different rage and what feels like a lot less health.

> @Duora:  I can't find a full sheet, but it probably won't help you much...it's not a thing you can just rip and use.
Nonetheless, here are a couple sprites I found you can use for reference.

December 09, 2012, 07:46:15 PM
Reply #389

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 09, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
Spur can be black if it wants to
it looks sexy

and Curly Brace would be the best hale because she uses PROJECTILESSSSSSSS