Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3D beta + Mapper's needed!  (Read 207071 times)

January 07, 2013, 11:53:13 PM
Reply #570

Offline That One Boss

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 25, 2011, 04:59:53 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3D beta + Mapper's nee
« Reply #570 on: January 07, 2013, 11:53:13 PM »
another hale suggestion

Name: Everything

If this hale is selected, every single person becomes a hale, and have to fight till there's only one hale left. It would probably be a little less common than the normal hales.

January 08, 2013, 12:04:23 AM
Reply #571

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2013, 12:04:23 AM »
Quote from: "That One Boss"
another hale suggestion

Name: Everything

If this hale is selected, every single person becomes a hale, and have to fight till there's only one hale left. It would probably be a little less common than the normal hales.
It must be That One Boss

January 08, 2013, 12:08:01 AM
Reply #572

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »
Quote from: "Gizmo The Cat"
EDIT: Adding something to Barbatos.

Quote from: "Gizmo The Cat"
Barbatos Goetia
(click to show/hide)

Basically I'm just waiting on Silver to accept him, or at least put up that hale template so that I/somebody can try to make him. Where is he, anyway? I haven't seen him in at least a week.

I made this post edit thinking I was the last one to make a post. Turns out I was ninja'd. Twice.

January 08, 2013, 12:28:19 AM
Reply #573

Offline pikmin555

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 03, 2011, 04:42:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 08, 2013, 12:28:19 AM »
Pik attempts a Hale suggestion, here goes nothing...

(click to show/hide)

If This Doesn't seem good, I'd like Ideas.

January 08, 2013, 12:30:22 AM
Reply #574

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2013, 12:30:22 AM »
So does  this mean he's much harder to kill people with? I kinda like that.

January 08, 2013, 12:32:00 AM
Reply #575

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #575 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
Hm. He's way different from all the other hales, who are mainly just "Rush in, hit people, win." I think I like that, too.

When you say he can use weapons, you mean regular weapons that every survivor can use, right?

January 08, 2013, 12:35:11 AM
Reply #576

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:11 AM »
There have been ideas of an anti-hale going around, so I whipped up this:
Ghost Nappa!
(click to show/hide)

January 08, 2013, 12:44:28 AM
Reply #577

Offline LifeCraft J

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 13, 2011, 05:52:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:28 AM »
Hey Silver, for some reason, I can't find the new public beta version of Saxton and Friends v3d, you didn't post the download link in your topic yet... and everyone is on your server... so confused. Where did everyone get the wad?

EDIT: The wad is called saxton&friendsv3d-publicbeta-hotfix-(oops).pk3

January 08, 2013, 12:48:35 AM
Reply #578

Offline pikmin555

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 03, 2011, 04:42:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2013, 12:48:35 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?san4ewzowxjavlz

This is the Hotfix wad with the "oops", Posted by Tsuki.

January 08, 2013, 12:55:20 AM
Reply #579

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »
Don't get your hopes up- I've seen a few crashfests even with this fix loaded. Haven't tried Balrog's, though.

January 08, 2013, 01:05:06 AM
Reply #580

Offline Balrog

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2013, 01:05:06 AM »
Hey, here's my idea for what Pikmin said. Brownie points for getting the reference.
Code: [Select]
Name: Dark Matter Knight
Backstory: Once, in a faraway land, full of magic and monsters, there was a benevolent knight. He was strong, and true, and faithful - until a succubus tempted him to evil. Empowered and corrupted by the succubus' magic, he cut a bloody swath through the kingdom until he found himself in the land of demons. With nothing worth conquering in the immediate area, he brooded and planned his next move, failing to notice the lady riding a ball of darkness slowly floating towards him....

Now fully consumed by evil and composed entirely of roiling, malevolent energy, the Dark Matter Knight flies through time and space in search of battle.
Skin: Knight Man
Palette: Blue:Black, Cyan:Dark Grey, Black: Lightish Red
Health: Medium (Weakness: Flash Stopper and other "light" weapons)
Speed:Slow-ish (maybe 0.75 or 0.7)
Main: Unlike most hales, Dark Matter Knight has a full complement of weaponry, one for each slot. These weapons consume a shared energy pool that he must replenish by using his Absorb ability (below) or by picking up a weapon from the appropriate slot. Absorb replenishes more than weapons.
Slot 1 - Absorb: Dark Matter Knight extends a tendril of his substance to consume the bodies and souls of his victims. A long-range (for a hale melee weapon) ripper that deal massive damage while giving ammo to his other weapons; a killing blow will give health as well. Long cooldown.
Slot 2 - Spear: A +RIPPER lance of Dark Matter that travels in a straight line, dealing high damge, but consuming a lot of ammo per shot.
Slot 3 - Spiker: A low-ammo-usage volley of low-damage spikes; think like Flood Ranged Forms in Halo 3, but balanced.
Slot 4 - lolno: DMK already has a close-range weapon in Slot 1.
Slot 5 - Erosion: Dark Matter Knight tosses a portion of his substance onto the floor, forming a puddle that deals damage-over-time to anyone who steps on it. Consumes health as well as ammo.
Slot 6 - Magnetism: Dark Matter Knight draws nearby opponents closer to him.
Slot 7 - Not sure, I'm kinda tapped out here.
Rage: Dark Repulsion. Dark Matter Knight can fly now, woohoo! It also makes his speed high enough to catch up with the other players. Should probably take more damage to activate than with other hales.
Super Jump: A super jump. Nothing special, this guy's got enough gimmicks as it is.

I know the above sounds like NeoDS 2.0, but I deliberately left room for him to be tweaked significantly if need be.

January 08, 2013, 01:13:24 AM
Reply #581

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 08, 2013, 01:13:24 AM »
Quote from: "Orange juice :l"
Ghost Nappa!
(click to show/hide)

Holy Cheetos a hale based off of my favorite character from my favorite parody (plus it looks really fun) I say go for it.Few questions/problems, though.
1.) How many balls will there be though? I'd say 7 dragonballs would be very tedious, and he'll probably be killed before he can collect all of them. If you gave Ghost Nappa a better chance of survival with more health or something or had him need 3-5 balls instead of 7, that'd be nice. I'd recommend changing the dragonball count instead. but it would take away from the story bcuz there has to be 7 but whatever its a game
2.) How fast does he charge at the player in Phase 2 exactly? Because depending on the speed, that could be either ridiculously UP or OP (more likely OP than UP)
3. Nappa's Phase 2 super jump. Define "decent" :?

January 08, 2013, 01:27:18 AM
Reply #582

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 08, 2013, 01:27:18 AM »
1. Well, since Ghost Nappa is SUPER FAST, it's easier for him to snag the balls and run. Maybe give his punch a bit of a wider range.
2. Make it fast enough to get one rage off per living phase.
3. Eeeh, a little smaller than Morshu's bomb?

January 08, 2013, 02:15:02 AM
Reply #583

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #583 on: January 08, 2013, 02:15:02 AM »
Quote from: "Balrog"
Hey, here's my idea for what Pikmin said. Brownie points for getting the reference.
Code: [Select]
Name: Dark Matter Knight
Backstory: Once, in a faraway land, full of magic and monsters, there was a benevolent knight. He was strong, and true, and faithful - until a succubus tempted him to evil. Empowered and corrupted by the succubus' magic, he cut a bloody swath through the kingdom until he found himself in the land of demons. With nothing worth conquering in the immediate area, he brooded and planned his next move, failing to notice the lady riding a ball of darkness slowly floating towards him....

Now fully consumed by evil and composed entirely of roiling, malevolent energy, the Dark Matter Knight flies through time and space in search of battle.
Skin: Knight Man
Palette: Blue:Black, Cyan:Dark Grey, Black: Lightish Red
Health: Medium (Weakness: Flash Stopper and other "light" weapons)
Speed:Slow-ish (maybe 0.75 or 0.7)
Main: Unlike most hales, Dark Matter Knight has a full complement of weaponry, one for each slot. These weapons consume a shared energy pool that he must replenish by using his Absorb ability (below) or by picking up a weapon from the appropriate slot. Absorb replenishes more than weapons.
Slot 1 - Absorb: Dark Matter Knight extends a tendril of his substance to consume the bodies and souls of his victims. A long-range (for a hale melee weapon) ripper that deal massive damage while giving ammo to his other weapons; a killing blow will give health as well. Long cooldown.
Slot 2 - Spear: A +RIPPER lance of Dark Matter that travels in a straight line, dealing high damge, but consuming a lot of ammo per shot.
Slot 3 - Spiker: A low-ammo-usage volley of low-damage spikes; think like Flood Ranged Forms in Halo 3, but balanced.
Slot 4 - lolno: DMK already has a close-range weapon in Slot 1.
Slot 5 - Erosion: Dark Matter Knight tosses a portion of his substance onto the floor, forming a puddle that deals damage-over-time to anyone who steps on it. Consumes health as well as ammo.
Slot 6 - Magnetism: Dark Matter Knight draws nearby opponents closer to him.
Slot 7 - Not sure, I'm kinda tapped out here.
Rage: Dark Repulsion. Dark Matter Knight can fly now, woohoo! It also makes his speed high enough to catch up with the other players. Should probably take more damage to activate than with other hales.
Super Jump: A super jump. Nothing special, this guy's got enough gimmicks as it is.

I know the above sounds like NeoDS 2.0, but I deliberately left room for him to be tweaked significantly if need be.
I like this hale already powerful but balanced and many options to take out people hehehe~

January 08, 2013, 03:38:03 AM
Reply #584

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 08, 2013, 03:38:03 AM »
Since it's been all but established that there's more than Silver just making bosses now (And there are too many up for him to choose from anyway), I've finished some more sketches and I might as well toss them up to see if people like them.

Spiked Wall Man, the grandfather of overused Mega Man jokes
(click to show/hide)

Gideon Graves, a Scott Pilgrim-based boss that's been on the backburner for some time
(click to show/hide)

Copy Robot, a boss who fights his opponents on their own projectile-based level
(click to show/hide)
I probably make too many of these and I need to stop.