Advanced Search

Author Topic: Balrog's Fixed Saxton Hale - Reports of my death, yadayada  (Read 149959 times)

April 10, 2013, 11:17:55 PM
Reply #255

Offline Balrog

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: Balrog's Fixed Saxton Hale - They're so cute together <3
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
Just suggesting some things:
    Morshu MUST be changed. I propose this: Attack "Rope" is pretty much a whip that has longer range but way narrower radius if compared to a normal hale attack; Super Jump "Bomb" makes a bomb explode under him, causing 25 damage at most and sending him in the air (won't get hurt from his own bombs); Rage "Lamp Oil" could either create a "Ice Wave" flame attack in 8 directions (using F. Blast's flame) or throw a blob of oil that splashes in a wide area, burning afterwards for about ten seconds (the blob won't bounce off walls, but the splashing will).
    Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick needs to go. Either that or make it behave more like a Flame Sword that stops him for a while if he is on ground or doesn't stop him if he is doing it midair. Falcon Punch could allow him to move and aim while saying "Falcon", but fly off in a locked direction and completely unable to control when he says "Punch!", which should also give him invulnerability during the flight.
    Scrooge's Super Jump should cause 1 damage at most but cause "shock" damage (stun) rather than opkilling. And the whales are way bad. So, instead, give him something more useful and less "area denial", like perhaps shooting rocks with his cane (Main = rock goes in arc, useful for enemies blocked from your sight. Alt = rock goes in straight line, good to hit campers.) for 15 seconds.
    Roll needs a nerf in the rage. And a HUGE one at it. If Flash Bombarded, she can gain more health than she lost by CONSTANTLY STACKING RAGES. You could also put a "rage lock" that prevents activation if she is currently in rage.
    Overall, Melee attacker bosses needs some check up. Roll and Oppan Ninja Spah seems to have a range 50% longer.
    I... don't think Ninja Spah needs two lives. Take one and buff the health of the only one he is left with.
    Please consider doing my "Lu Bu" Hale idea.
1. Tell me how to make a Thunder Claw rope not look incredibly stupid.
2. eh, I guess I could do this.
3. But the whales are his whole thing!
4. I already did this.
5. Huh.
6. Sure, I could do this. Multiple lives are kinda his gimmick, though.
7. I'll consider it.

April 11, 2013, 01:08:34 AM
Reply #256

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2013, 01:08:34 AM »
Quote from: "Balrog"
    Morshu MUST be changed. I propose this: Attack "Rope" is pretty much a whip that has longer range but way narrower radius if compared to a normal hale attack; Super Jump "Bomb" makes a bomb explode under him, causing 25 damage at most and sending him in the air (won't get hurt from his own bombs); Rage "Lamp Oil" could either create a "Ice Wave" flame attack in 8 directions (using F. Blast's flame) or throw a blob of oil that splashes in a wide area, burning afterwards for about ten seconds (the blob won't bounce off walls, but the splashing will).
(click to show/hide)

April 11, 2013, 05:50:31 AM
Reply #257

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2013, 05:50:31 AM »
hey not so fast captain pantalones

what happened to this right here HMMMMMMM
Quote from: "Rozark"
Dear Balrog,
You could should probably create those Morshu changes I sent you like 2 months ago.
It'd look pretty.
With many thanks, Uncle Rozark
I'd appreciate if you didn't automatically listen to someone who only complains when he plays this mod (Tsuki) and instead heed the warning of people who are actually doing work on the mod (DarkAura, Gizmo, Rozark). We've been asking for the same fixes over and over but getting ignored, yet a guy who literally ragequits on a regular basis MAGICALLY manages to get your attention on the first try? What?

In essence, you should already have Gilgamesh AND Morshu fixes, people love the Mobies, and Falcon Kick is fine (though it could use a tad bit more cooldown if you ask me).

April 11, 2013, 07:12:45 AM
Reply #258

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »
I don't like the current Falcon Kick. I need to hurry up and finish that skin and make sure that my changes get in, or I won't ever really be satisfied with the way Captain Falcon is.

April 11, 2013, 08:11:21 AM
Reply #259

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2013, 08:11:21 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
hey not so fast captain pantalones

what happened to this right here HMMMMMMM
Quote from: "Rozark"
Dear Balrog,
You could should probably create those Morshu changes I sent you like 2 months ago.
It'd look pretty.
With many thanks, Uncle Rozark
I'd appreciate if you didn't automatically listen to someone who only complains when he plays this mod (Tsuki) and instead heed the warning of people who are actually doing work on the mod (DarkAura, Gizmo, Rozark). We've been asking for the same fixes over and over but getting ignored, yet a guy who literally ragequits on a regular basis MAGICALLY manages to get your attention on the first try? What?

In essence, you should already have Gilgamesh AND Morshu fixes, people love the Mobies, and Falcon Kick is fine (though it could use a tad bit more cooldown if you ask me).
It's more a matter of balance, Smash. You see me complain mostly out of mockery AVGN-style or Game Grumps ("Ghost of Bullshit" anyone?)... Or when the game crashes, which happens at about 7/10 rounds or, if classes are run with it, 95/100

By the way, I only ragequit from when people mix it with Classes, which I have all reason to ragequit (Classes are broken for Hale, no matter what they say. When I "ragequit" in a vanilla Saxton? Crashes, of course. Which still puts me to wonder why they are more frequent with Captain Falcon and Morshu than with any other...

Which now reminds me: Color glitch. Does the ACS that morphs the player handle it? or is the morphed player's weapon that handles it?

April 11, 2013, 08:49:48 AM
Reply #260

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »
Haven't really been paying attention to thread but read something about Morshu's rope being something other than what I expected.
I would think rope would replace Morshu's super jump as a reskin of wire adaptor.

Also, said this long ago, but never actually posted about it
I still do intend to make Vagineer Hale at some point.
Here's my idea in case anyone wants to look over it.
(click to show/hide)

April 11, 2013, 09:10:02 AM
Reply #261

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2013, 09:10:02 AM »
whoa whoa WHOA

Tsuki, you're not outright controlling this hale seeing as I still have plenty of interest in making him viable.
So, you might wanna rethink what you're doing, okay son?

Oh and Balrog, seriously, what happened to those changes? I already described how it's done, you just need to implement them. I have no idea why this is slacking.

I suppose I have to put the log here then.
(click to show/hide)

April 11, 2013, 11:06:54 PM
Reply #262

Offline Balrog

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »
All right, here's what's up. I've been feeling reaally screwed up recently thanks to RL issues, so that's why I haven't been working on this. Morshu, when reworked, will have Rope as a regular attack that is weak, but slows players hit by it. (This is because Wire Adaptor-like abilities are going to be broken in some way on maps that aren't designed with Wire Adaptor in mind.) Secondary is Lamp Oil, which is an Oil Slider that does big damage. Rage is the same bomb as it is now.

April 12, 2013, 01:43:53 AM
Reply #263

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2013, 01:43:53 AM »
On other notes, there's still an urgency in reducing the number of repeating scripts to one at most and possibly initializing variables Also, seems that shortening the LMS pre-round time reduces the chance of crashing.

April 12, 2013, 05:28:07 AM
Reply #264

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2013, 05:28:07 AM »
All right, here's what's up. I've been feeling reaally screwed up recently thanks to RL issues, so that's why I haven't been working on this. Morshu, when reworked, will have Rope as a regular attack that is weak, but slows players hit by it. (This is because Wire Adaptor-like abilities are going to be broken in some way on maps that aren't designed with Wire Adaptor in mind.) Secondary is Lamp Oil, which is an Oil Slider that does big damage. Rage is the same bomb as it is now.

Include regular bombs.
Don't just make the rage that huge bomb that almost noone gets hits by.
It's extremely useless right now unless you sped up the detonation on it.

Rope is going to be pointless unless it has reach like Thunderclaw because who's going to slow someone when you can just kill them.

When you need more voiceclips for the individualized attacks just let me know, I have them ready.

April 12, 2013, 05:49:05 AM
Reply #265

Knux

« Reply #265 on: April 12, 2013, 05:49:05 AM »
I'm not sure how it's going to work, but if that rape slider doesn't have delays or anything, make Morshu slower.

April 12, 2013, 06:10:08 AM
Reply #266

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #266 on: April 12, 2013, 06:10:08 AM »
Quote from: "Knux"
I'm not sure how it's going to work, but if that rape slider doesn't have delays or anything, make Morshu slower.

I BELIEVE it's just the oil part, not the sliding part. I'm not 100% sure, seeing as Balrog is only partially following the changes.

April 12, 2013, 10:10:20 AM
Reply #267

Offline ChaoticChao

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 14, 2013, 08:33:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
I have seen where ideas have gone, and I have fixed up my Galacta knight idea.
(click to show/hide)
Feel free to change what seems too strong or weak, if needed

April 12, 2013, 11:37:43 PM
Reply #268

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
It can be really good to fix the teamkill problem.

Cause a lot of guys (we know) like to teamkill everybody. It kills the fun and the point of Saxton Hale.... too bad.

Worst thing: Nobody kick them but they like kick "normal" players....what's wrong with people nowadays ?

April 12, 2013, 11:58:10 PM
Reply #269

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 12, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
stonefunk, that's because of Classes mod that people run with it despite being uncompatible.