Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff Forum Shutdown - June 1st  (Read 1802 times)

April 05, 2024, 12:13:16 PM
Read 1802 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Cutstuff Forum Shutdown - June 1st
« on: April 05, 2024, 12:13:16 PM »
On June 1st 2024, this forum will be taken down permanently!

Hi.

The Cutstuff forums will be closing on the 1st of June and all posts and topics will no longer be accessible. The database will be backed up and potentially will be available in some form at a later date, but there are no guarantees this will happen. You should browse and save any information/links/memories that are valuable to you before this time. The same is true for the mm8bdm blog, but the links and information found there will be preserved for a future web page. A future form of the forum is planned, mostly as a projects/events hub for MM8BDM players, but there's no ETA on when that is happening or what it will look like.

Why is this happening? Well, the main reason is the forum is barely used. People communicate using Discord these days, and the communities there are very active. Here is a link to the unofficial MM8BDM discord. It is only really unofficial as the dev team and myself do not moderate it. For all intents and purposes, it is the place to talk about MM8BDM and its surrounding community. The second reason is stability. Most of you probably aren't aware but this place is constantly going offline or the database is having hiccups. I don't have the technical experience to figure out why this happens, and don't really have time to learn. Therefore I want the site to be hosted and maintained by someone who does, OR make cutstuff.net be a basic portal with links (which it pretty much is currently anyways), that can't randomly drop or fail due to a behind the scenes software update that I was totally unaware of.

To save us work and prevent a bunch of troll TEH END IS NIGH posts, the forum will also be locked. Once again, this is your last chance to save any useful information stored on the forum pages!