Advanced Search

Author Topic: General Offtopic Discussion  (Read 3119362 times)

March 25, 2016, 03:20:25 AM
Reply #21360

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
Re: flawed as fuck
« Reply #21360 on: March 25, 2016, 03:20:25 AM »
Quote from: "Knux"
Quote from: "Red"
*snip*
Yeah, this is the kind of shitposting that gives this site so much quality. Did you even bother to analyze my post? I think you're smart enough to figure out I meant most of the player base and not the game itself.
it was a mix of like being directed to both you and bikdark actually because i couldn't be bothered to separate the ideas
and since yours were similar i just went with it

seriously though if you're calling my poor post a shitpost while things like these memey abominations exist then i'm pretty sure you're a bit confused on the shitpost term

Nobody should ever be looking for quality of any kind in this forum, because there is none.

March 25, 2016, 07:41:58 AM
Reply #21361

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: General Offtopic Discussion
« Reply #21361 on: March 25, 2016, 07:41:58 AM »
Actually, the thing who made MM8BDM dead is the fact Megaman is dead since 6 years ago, MM8BDM survived well for a fangame all this time (and im not sure the megaman 11 stuff wont be so good.....Seeing how cheap is capcom now), also, the fact We have played it for a lot of years, some people (like me) want certainly play some other game and serie who will (or can) survive, like DOOM.
But yes, the competitive part and the mood of the people who wanted some mod war, made it worst. And i play ALL the mods i want, i dont care about the devroom, ydclass, jc, saxton hale or brutal doom, nobody can't tell me where i must have some fun', support or not support, the fun is the priority and i dont care about how are some devroom or the notoriety of some other people, lets just play, it's a fangame.

I think, MM8BDM is pretty good for a fangame, in fact, in 5-6 years, the game was become huge, not only with the content, stuff but also basically, even a v1 or v2 is better and more fun than a lot of fangame like some crazy megaman hack.
MM8BDM is the only 3D fangame and for a fangame, again, it's really well made, even if it's not perfectly balanced or what, it's still very good, i have tried a lot of megaman fangames who are liked and who are a bit bad (balance, gameplay ect....), and it's still a 2 bits game.

Basically, i think, mm8bdm needed a lot of work, even for the v1, all those maps and maps who were remade, it's a huge work, but people should be more grateful instead of criticize no-stop each thing who are release in this game (mod or vanilla game) in the rude way.

Some doom mods are pretty crazy and not that good (not to say really bad like some invasion mods who use giant red Imp demon) but people still like it because it's fun, and even if it's the balance is a bit balance, if it's playable, they are still grateful, it's why i think, the doom community is pretty different in this way, from the megaman community (not only mm8bdm)....Like said a friend (and some other people): "Megaman fans are never satisfied" , a lot want to be a knowledge in gaming, pro or intellectual, but in fact, this kind of ego doesnt help at all.

Instead of criticize some mods or the next version of MM8BDM, people should -ENCOURAGE- each other with saying some advices or critics, at least, in a nice way and good mood. (some people seemed sad in a server, when some people did some critics about an update of v5...and i can understand, making a game/fangame is really hard and LONG, you know')

In fact, i dont care a lot about mm8bdm but i think, it's too bad if this fangame die because some people are just ungrateful and insensitive (at least, for the ones who have some "notoriety").

March 25, 2016, 07:54:57 AM
Reply #21362

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: March 25, 2016, 07:54:57 AM »
I hope the forum doesn't die anytime soon. I haven't been here for all that long and I like it here a lot, memes and elitism aside. I won't say I'm not part of the problem because I'm quite certain that I've been an egotistical asshat on more than one occasion, but at the end of the day I like the people here. The community is fun to hang around for me, and I like seeing what people can come up with for mods, like all these classes modifications and boss mods. Unholy, for example, being what it is and how frustrating it can be, is still a lot of fun to just hang around in and do stupid stuff.

March 25, 2016, 02:08:09 PM
Reply #21363

Knux

« Reply #21363 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »
because i couldn't be bothered to separate the ideas
Then don't bother replying, either. At this point, you're just talking out of your ass.
seriously though if you're calling my poor post a shitpost while things like these memey abominations exist then i'm pretty sure you're a bit confused on the shitpost term
Those... are forum games. I'm pretty sure that's a lenient enough place to post such a thing. Yeah, they're silly threads, but you don't have to like them. You want another example of shitposting that isn't your own?
Quote from: "Dr. Freeman"
is the community dead yet
Here you fucking go.
Nobody should ever be looking for quality of any kind in this forum, because there is none.
"Hey guys, this place is shit, so let's make it even more shit!" Yeah... no. This is a case in point of what I was talking about earlier. Of course though, you couldn't be bothered to read that properly, so here we fucking are.

Keep at it if you'd like. I'm done, though.

March 25, 2016, 02:45:08 PM
Reply #21364

Offline Jman

• Standard Member

• ( ͡° ͜&#
  • Date Registered: June 28, 2011, 02:09:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »
I understand some of what you're getting at, but something about the way you're going about this is troublesome. Yes, some people here are "elitist". Yes, some people talk shit behind others' backs, but why is that a problem for this forum in particular? You'll find a fair amount of people you might not get along with or agree with just about everywhere. We have opinions and arguments, it's just part of being human.

However, where this gets really ugly is at the point where you choose to hold on to this bitterness. It's a toxic buildup that not only is self-destructive, but inevitably ends up affecting those around you when you simply can't keep the negative vibes to yourself anymore.

Again, I won't deny that we can do better as a community, and that some of this exclusiveness ends up being harmful, but it just seems like you're letting spur of the moment emotion blow the whole thing out of proportion.

March 25, 2016, 03:14:24 PM
Reply #21365

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal

• View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: March 25, 2016, 03:14:24 PM »
Quote from: "Knux"
because i couldn't be bothered to separate the ideas
Then don't bother replying, either. At this point, you're just talking out of your ass.
Those... are forum games. I'm pretty sure that's a lenient enough place to post such a thing. Yeah, they're silly threads, but you don't have to like them. You want another example of shitposting that isn't your own?
is the community dead yet
Here you fucking go.
"Hey guys, this place is shit, so let's make it even more shit!" Yeah... no. This is a case in point of what I was talking about earlier. Of course though, you couldn't be bothered to read that properly, so here we fucking are.

Keep at it if you'd like. I'm done, though.
I'm not talking out of my ass as I was only expressing one thing with my post, and I will do it again in response to your post.

Nobody's forcing you or asking you to stay here, if you don't like it, the door is wide open.

March 25, 2016, 03:26:56 PM
Reply #21366

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: March 25, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
you can call it shitposting all you want buddo
but you care too much about this shit that doesn't matter. every other month the trumpets go up, "guys the community is ass, guys we are all fuckers, guys we're going straight to hell, fuck everyone and their mother". at least bik sorta stayed focused on the game itself and had some decent points (albeit perhaps a tad extreme in some areas, but I don't think i've ever seen Bikdark hold back any punches so) but this has just dived right back into "community is dying send help" garbage

the best part is it doesn't even matter. what does a tiny community on the internet matter to anyone? if it shrivels up and dies then everyone can go on their merry way doing things that clearly won't upset them if every other thing this community does creates another drama corner.
nothing of value is lost of the forums die.

March 25, 2016, 04:19:53 PM
Reply #21367

Knux

« Reply #21367 on: March 25, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »
Well, "this shit that doesn't matter" is obviously your point of view. It matters to some, and yet here you are, caring all over the place. How ironic.

March 25, 2016, 04:28:35 PM
Reply #21368

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal

• View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: March 25, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »
I really don't think he cares.

He barely even posts and even when I played this game constantly I barely ever saw him.

March 25, 2016, 06:08:36 PM
Reply #21369

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
I'm not the best at wording things.
« Reply #21369 on: March 25, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
I'm just gonna borrow this bit from OJ.

So yeah, this situation's getting derailed by some ridiculous comments about who-mean't-what. That's unnecessary posting so stop that.

Also, friendly reminder that the "Community is dying" bit is NOT THE PROBLEM (that subject's been long since covered.) It's the toxic portion of the playerbase. People about their "e-peens" controllng other people's mods (I don't mean regular critiquing, I mean real insults and controlling,) attacking people for associating with those mods or certain users, I've had these kinds of experiences (the main reason I quit every mod team I've been with.)

Jman's post about summed it up, though: Yes, there are a legit problems with the community, but don't let your experiences blow things out of proportion. I'd love to get rid of those "bad eggs", though, but that's just me.

March 25, 2016, 10:45:32 PM
Reply #21370

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Pointless Drama
« Reply #21370 on: March 25, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "ChaosUnlimited"
I'm just gonna borrow this bit from OJ.

This has been quite the ride.

In other news, Easter is coming up and there's only one thing from that I care about:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

March 26, 2016, 01:14:29 AM
Reply #21371

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
Literally stealing the MJ gif
« Reply #21371 on: March 26, 2016, 01:14:29 AM »
you can call it shitposting all you want buddo...

I find this post rather telling. Freeman, you seem very insistent that the constant posts- even with a number of people who agree- about how bad the community are are nothing more than whining and shitposting. You're extremely eager to dismiss them, especially when they say it's the fault of certain people. Perhaps you have a stake in these posts and opinions being swept under the rug?

March 26, 2016, 02:08:57 AM
Reply #21372

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: March 26, 2016, 02:08:57 AM »
curses, you found me out. my master plan of having everyone ignore these posts to watch the forums burn from the inside out has been foiled. Alas, what a world.

It's the same stuff that's been said constantly, "everyone sucks this community is dying" and yet no one is keen on changing anything, most of the people who have a problem with it in the first place have no interest in actually leaving or fixing anything if it bothers them so much. People can say things all they want, but with no action, nothing is or will be accomplished, and when people throw in the same points every other month, it kinda turns into whining.

Unless I'm the asshole the whole time, in which by all means please let me know.

March 26, 2016, 02:15:07 AM
Reply #21373

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #21373 on: March 26, 2016, 02:15:07 AM »
i think we should all stop giving a shit about the community leave every major skype group never chat to anyone outside of the game and make mods at an infrequent pace

March 26, 2016, 04:20:11 AM
Reply #21374

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal

• View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: March 26, 2016, 04:20:11 AM »
that worked for me.