Cutstuff > Events

CAPCHELLA 2012 (FINISHED)

<< < (9/9)

Mendez:
Ah, you need to add http://www.best-ever.org/wads/  to your list of wadseeker sites in Doomseeker. I think I should have specified that in the first place. I'll probably redo my installation/online tutorial once v3a comes out, so stay tuned for that.
Well folks, I assume you all had fun without me. Galaxy told me that as many as 24 players went and played on the Capchella server before momentum died down. I'm sad that I wasn't there, but still very thankful that you folks all took the time to play a good round of CTF. Okay, now for some slightly appropriate good-bye music:
(click to show/hide)
Again, I like the Beatles. Hipster or not, they're pretty damn decent.I don't know what kind of event I'll have after this. Maybe I'll just stop until next year and continue working on stuff. Or maybe I'll have Modchella, where lots of different obscure mods are showcased throughout a single week. Not sure, to be honest. I definitely know that I should never schedule an event near a project's release, though. That's for certain. So I'll have the improved CTF map link removed (since v3a is close to coming out) and I'll just have this topic locked. If anyone else wants to have their own showcase event where they bring deserved attention to all kinds of wads, then be my guest. My only word of advice is that you keep yourself in contact with a few good hosts who can put up servers for anything you need. Even with 5 different options, I had to resort to asking Mess for a server. Some people really don't like hosting, or probably just don't like me in general. In any case, hope you folks enjoyed yourselves. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go back to my basement and listen to a pile of chiptune vinyls, all labeled "Hipster Crap".
Mods/Admins, please lock this topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version