Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Help & Editing

MakoAoyama's Guide for MM8BDM on Mac **UPDATED 10/9/10**

<< < (2/4) > >>

MakoAoyama:

--- Quote from: "BEan" ---YOU PLAYED ON MY SERVER WITH A MAC!!  OH GOD, I FEEL SO VIOLATED. LOL

Just kidding, I am not surprised that you figured out how to do it.

Hey cutmanmike, in the next update could you include the mac and linux binaries?
--- End quote ---
I'm in ur servers.
Playin' on my Mac.
 Heh. :p

In all honesty, this was really the first thing I've bumped into in the few years that I've owned a Mac that I couldn't figure out how to run, or find a Mac alternative that does the same thing and it was driving me nuts. I was bound and determined to figure this out.

One thing that I'm still trying to figure out, though, is that sometimes I can't join certain games. Finding a game to jump into is easy, actually getting in the game is about 50/50. It either lets me join or get this message:

"Level authentication failed. Please make sure you are using the exact same wad(s) as the server and try again."

And that's from your server, BEan. Maybe you know what it means?
I'm going to test on the other servers later today and see if I get the same error. I'll post my results here when I get to it.

BEan:

--- Quote from: "MakoAoyama" ---
"Level authentication failed. Please make sure you are using the exact same wad(s) as the server and try again."

And that's from your server, BEan. Maybe you know what it means?
I'm going to test on the other servers later today and see if I get the same error. I'll post my results here when I get to it.
--- End quote ---

I am thinking maybe its a glitch in the mac version of skulltag. My theory is that it cannot make the comparison between the server and client wads.

CutmanMike:
You get that message if the host is using different wads (and sometimes skulltag versions) than you.

MakoAoyama:
Ah, I figured it out.
My inexperience with Doom mods, servers and whatnot is the problem. :?

When Doomseeker opens it show me a list of servers. Double click one and it takes you to a game.
I, for some reason, assumed that the in-game list in the multiplayer menu was of rooms or games available on the server I was on at the time. Of course it's not, it the same list of servers that Doomseeker shows me but it's nowhere near as organized as it looks in Doomseeker.

My bad.

Anonymous:
By the way, this would also work for GNU/Linux as well; just download the Linux version and use the IWAD for 8BDM.  Of course, I just run the thing in WINE, which also works (and I believe that WINE has a Mac version as well).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version