Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

Stardust's Workshop

<< < (3/106) > >>

Superjustinbros:
I forgot to mention restoring Saxton's original Rage where he no longer gets knocked back by weapons and has increased defenses rather than full 100% immunity. If you could also prevent the entire screen from going inverse greyscale (to allow better viewing) I'd appreciate it.

--- Quote from: "Goomba98" ---Also, it'd be really neat if you could bring back the Hales that were removed from Balrog's version (like PO Roll) somehow.
--- End quote ---
If PO Roll does make it back, I'd prefer her Famitracker'd theme over the original. The original is just ear-burstingly painful IMO.

Balrog:

--- Quote from: "Linnie" ---Well, Balrog has rather turned against Hale altogether, and I don't think I've ever met Silversin, so right now there isn't really a current "normal" Hale. Someone once theorized that the lack of a "main" Hale is the reason for so many offshoots.

But yeah, glad to see you'd be willing to work with Otaku. I think it would be fine if you worked on your Hales and when you got your five, then go to Otaku to negotiate the merge. You could call it Hyper++ Saxton Hale or some such.
--- End quote ---
I turned against Hale because it's the cancer that is killing MM8BDM. The reason for so many offshoots is because of copycats looking for attention as much as actual attempts at improvement.

Bad show, Stardust.

--- Quote from: "Superjustinbros" ---Hale is dying
--- End quote ---
>implying this is a bad thing

Ceridran:
I even heard negative statements from some people about "Saxton Hale" mode, when playing GVH:LOD.

Stardust:

--- Quote from: "Superjustinbros" ---In terms of the music,  try hosting a server with the Bio Miracle Bokkute Upa Final Boss theme I sent you  replacing the default "One Person Remains" theme and see how everyone likes it, with the "Lol U Died" song playing if the Hale wins, said theme having a %15 chance of playing.
--- End quote ---
Just notice that I'm not going to accept every single ones of your suggestions. I may decline some. I already wrote somewhere all of 'em and I do treat them. And I said 10%, not 15% :I
My main aim is to simply give 5 new hales.
I'm not going to touch with the finger hundreds of things from the official version, my mod isn't Saxton Hale Remastered. I want the players to just feel they play Saxton Hale, with the difference there will be 17 hales now. The less things from the past are changed, the more they'll still feel they're playing the original game. I don't want my Saxton Hale to turn into Unholy, with these holy-scaled player properties ._.

--- Quote from: "Goomba98" ---Why did you choose Remilia Scarlet? I know you said she's overshadowed, but Flandre makes more sense as a Hale sice she can pretty much destroy anything. And before you argue about Yuyuko, her power is killing people, and robots are not living organisms. Utsuho might work if you don't want Flandre, though.

Also, it'd be really neat if you could bring back the Hales that were removed from Balrog's version (like PO Roll) somehow.
--- End quote ---
Something's bittin' my ear, maybe will Flan-chan make an appearance somewhere.. =w=
The only removed hale was PO Roll, right ? That's the only one I can remember. I wasn't existing around if they made up even older hales.

--- Quote from: "Balrog" ---I turned against Hale because it's the cancer that is killing MM8BDM. The reason for so many offshoots is because of copycats looking for attention as much as actual attempts at improvement.
--- End quote ---
Uguu I feel so sad
I didn't started with this to become famous, but,
Take a childhood game you enjoyed a lot, but was very silent and nobody heard of it.
It'd bring you some nostalgia if there was a level editor for it, so you'd be free to customize, and you'd play it again, right ? Same for me and SH. I really wanted to create my own hales. I DO enjoy playing Saxton Hale. I have fun with it.
Through, I dislike the fact it became that popular, and the players' obsession about it, which make them refuse playing anything else than Saxton Hale. That, I'm not okay with.
I actually prefer playing Vanilla, especially CTF, but it's not easy because many users around like and ONLY like Saxton Hale. That's irritating for the other game modes, but this doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing it. If every one of these players would continue playing it, but at the same time they would play some other things, it could be solved, right ? Either way, the server player distribution lately is getting better than months ago, where SH was the ONLY and ONLY server with players. Now, you have Hotel, TLMS Classes, Vanilla on occasion, some kind of "Megaman Invasion" that eventually gets players, also a Mission Mode one... we're getting more diversification.

--- Quote from: "Balrog" ---Bad show, Stardust.
--- End quote ---
That's what we'll see, Balrog :I

Since you're not developping SH anymore, I have a question through. Me, Otaku, and all a team of betatesters are working on the sequel of the mod you left to the community with 12 hales.
Could we take the leadership of this mod?

Linnie:
PO'd Roll and Neo DS were the two removed Hales.

Some people would like PO'd Roll to make a return.

Nobody wants Neo DS back.

The problem with PO'd Roll is just that she could stack rages. Her rage was that her health bar would slowly rise for a short while, but if you got attacked a lot in a short time and could build up a second, you doubled that. Once in a game I was playing as PO'd Roll, two Burstmen trapped me and the entire game just attacked me while I was immobilized. My health plummetted, but I kept hitting rage to try to offset the damage, and the net damage inflicted on me slowed and slowed until I was healing more than the entire game could damage me, locking the game into a loop until someone called for a mapvote. It was spectacular, but at the same time it made it clear that PO'd Roll had a major issue. If you can fix her rage so that she can't shoot off another one until her first one ends, it would fix the issue with her.

If you're wondering Neo DS's problem, he was incredibly overpowered AND he was an OC like most of Unholy's Hales.

Also, yes, use her Famitracker music, it's catchy as hell. If it was possible to get the Gentlespy back too (he wasn't so much removed as replaced by the Ninja Spy, he functions exactly the same but has a different sprite and different music (read:his music was awesome which is why people miss him)) that would be cool too, but I don't think that's a possibility since you don't want clone Hales and having both him and Ninja Spy would be redundant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version