Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Help & Editing

Error: Too many missed packets!

(1/1)

Anonymous:
Hello guys,

I've been experiencing an issue when hosting a game.

I followed all the instructions on this link: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=490

I added bots and configurated the server.

I use Hamachi to make my friend from far away join me. Yes, hamachi is set on my comp as the top list connection option, so skulltag uses its ip to make the host.

He even make it there, but...

After some seconds, he gets kicked. and the message is:

[Nickname here] was kicked from the server! Reason: Too many missed packets!  :?

I've not seen it on any other topics around here. Can you guys please give me a hint?

My and his skulltag server application are both v0.98c-alpha (r2792).

TERRORsphere:
Get better internets.

CutmanMike:
I've generally had bad time with Hamatchi. I assume you're using it to get around port forwarding? If that's the case, I would suggest you look up a way to forward ports on your router, or get your friend to host instead.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom" ---Get better internets.
--- End quote ---
Get better forum replies. Or don't reply at all.

--- Quote from: "CutmanMike" ---I've generally had bad time with Hamatchi. I assume you're using it to get around port forwarding? If that's the case, I would suggest you look up a way to forward ports on your router, or get your friend to host instead.
--- End quote ---
No, i'm just using it to connect with a friend that isn't in Local network area.
Is there another way?
Thanks in advance

TERRORsphere:
You don't need Hamatchi for this. Host a server normally and give him the address. Then type in the console:

--- Code: ---Connect <paste address here>
--- End code ---

Hopefully it should work. If it doesn't. Then you gotta start forwarding ports. Just look up tutorials on Google about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version