Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > DECORATE and ACS Modifications

Frags' SHBCX (Thread ded. Pls lock.)

(1/4) > >>

Hunter Frags:
> My Skins/Music Pack Thread
> My Art/Sprite Edits Thread
> My Resources Thread
====================================================================

(Edit 9/29/2021: First post cleaned up for outdated version. See latest post for info about the revision.)

Small disclaimer: I'm not exceptionally experienced in modding and only dabble in what areas I've grown familiar with. Any pre-existing material used - or at least material significant enough to mention - are credited to the extent of my ability (at least at the time I wrote this outdated thing's credits list. Further info to be listed in later modding.)

Saxton Hale Boss Classes Remix
SHBCX or Hale Classes Remix for short, this cluttered, outdated variation was inspired by a younger/inexperienced Otaku Alex's long erased Saxton Hale Classes mod, which ripped and converted Hales into playable classes. Taking a step further, my aim was to create partially-to-mostly new takes on each Hale in class form, using info from their source material and existing traits from various 8BDM SH versions.

Old Classes List (Rewriting info for convenience. Unfinished ftm.)
(click to show/hide)=Megaman (Core Class - Smash-Style Attempt)=
- Body Info -
All like core, except no skin change.
- Wep 1 -
Mainfire: Mega Buster - Chargeable with a ripping charge shot and limited distance. Also had knockback, for some reason.
Altfire (Ground): Slice Kick - Propels you forward with slightly different knockback and weird damage.
Altfire (Air): Crash Bomb - A nerfed version of core Crash Bomb. Has no ammo limit.
- Wep 2 -
Mainfire: Metal Blade - A buffed core Metal Blade that sticks to the ground or walls. No ammo limit.
Altfire (Ground): Slide Kick - See Wep 1.
Altfire (Air): Hard Knuckle - A faster, less damaging Hard Knuckle. No ammo limit.

=Saxton Hale=
- Body Info -
Damagefactor: 0.5
Speed: 1.0/1.0
- Wep -
Mainfire (Chargeable): Saxton's Fist - A chargeable punch with different knockbacks on weak and strong punches.
Altfire: Saxton Fireball - Charge to full ammo to release an explosive fireball with knockback. Edited from Silversin's SH v1 rage.

=Ra Thor=
- Body Info -
Jump: 11
Speed 0.9/0.9
- Wep -
Mainfire (Uncharged): Crimson Orbs - Tap to fire four orbs in the manner of old Ra Thor Rebirth.
Mainfire (Mid-Charge): Electric Orbs - Rename of "Dynamo Orbs" for some reason. Hold fire to mid-charge for the three-shot stunning orbs.
Mainfire (Charged): Psychic Orb - The simple, huge, gigantic ball of ripper damage.
Altfire: Ra Buster and Energy Field - Fires 12-damage shots that slide along the ground for some reason. A damage-reducing shield is raised as you fire that makes you take half damage from everything.

=Ra Thor Reborn=
- Body Info -
Jump: 11
Speed: 1.0/1.0
- Wep 1 -
Mainfire (Chargeable): Black Hole - Hold to maintain a explosive-ripping melee projectile as a red bar fills. Release mid-charge for a slow-moving, bouncing projectile or hold 'til full to automatically release a fast-moving projectile. Releasing melee before either charge makes the melee linger like Silversin-Balrog's Ra Thor.
Altfire (Chargeable): Hyper Dash - Tap for a basic (oddly-coded) dash, hold to mid-charge for a farther dash, hold to full charge for a triple dash with Comet Dash-style projectiles.
- Wep 2 -
Mainfire (Uncharged/Mid-Charge): Ra Sparks - Tap for a single stun projectile, hold to mid-charge for a triple shot.
Mainfire (Charged): Beam Surcharge - From Ra Thor ++, charge fully for an electric orb that releases side bolts as it travels. This may or may not lag the game heavily in wide maps, especially with multiple Ra Thor Reborns. (Note: This is fixed in the future revision.)
Altfire: Hyper Dash - See Wep 1.

=Captain Falcon=
- Wep 1 -
Mainfire (Ground): Smash Combo - Throws a jab, jab, knee combo when mainfire is held, followed by continuous jabs further after until released.
Mainfire (Air): Knee of Justice - A melee attack with knockback and stun. Can trigger during the ground combo when jumping/falling during, only to return to the multi-jab on landing.
Altfire: Falcon Punch - Holding alt charges a red/orange bar, auto-firing when full. Somewhat like Silversin-Balrog and old R++'s Falcon Punch, but with less distance and added knockback.
- Wep 2 -
Mainfire (Ground/Air): Smash Combo/Knee of Justice - See Wep 1.
Altfire: Falcon Kick - Use on ground to propel forward with an oddly-coded kick that knocks back. Use in-air to fling yourself downward, releasing a stunning, knock-around shockwave if you hit the floor.

Christian Brutal Sniper
Gentlespy
Ninja Spy
Cave Johnson
Morshu
Scrooge McDuck
Downloads (V1B - For 8BDM V5B and below.):
> TSPG Download
> Dropbox

For something better and up-to-date, see Jax's 8BDMPlus thread for BasicBosses/MoreBosses.

Hallan Parva:
This is... actually rather impressive. Everything works at first glance, and the introduction post is well organized and clear to read. Props for keeping such accurate credits (I completely forgot Squidgy made the Ra Thor skin).

I'm going to have to give this a closer look later on.

Hunter Frags:
Sorry for bumping so soon, but I wanted to go ahead and take care of an issue with the Super Adaptor where the doublejump wouldn't work. Links have been updated, plus I added a bit to the end of the credits.

Edit: Added credit for the SH maps also, which I forgot to do earlier.

Hunter Frags:
Double-posting to mention this is updated to Pb2 (because it's likely in need of more work.) Here's a changelog:
(click to show/hide)General Fixes/Changes:

Core Weapons - Fixed Super Adaptor's double jump.

Audio - Changed all audio files to .OGG (I fixed an audio issue with Ninja Spy, then figured I'd just cut down the size of everything else.)

Class Changes:

Ra Thor - Changed the orb weapons back to Ra Thor Rebirth's orb system. Changed Ra Buster to Altfire and gave it a new HUD. Gave slight attackresistance.

Ra Thor Reborn - Changed the Mainfire to work more like the minion's (see Class info) Changed the Altfire to an ammocharge system (see Class Info.) Disabled Hypno Item (AKA no more minions for you.) Gave slight attack resistance. Slightly buffed his melee, fast-ranged Black Holes and Hyper Dash.

Christian Brutal Sniper - Fixed bugs related to a wrong HUD showing up and stuff that would cause potential crashing. Nerfed Huntsman Arrows. Buffed knife throws, changed their obits and removed the dissapear timers from the
knife pickups.

Ninja Spy - Fixed and adjusted Ringer bars, changed the Dead Ringer to worklike the life-loss system (also takes all ammo when Standby Ringer is cancelled) and replaced the chat sound that was used to confirm the alt was pressed with Spy voice clips. Nerfed Big Kill and slightly increased fire-rate. Slightly decreased firerate on grenades.

Saxton Hale - Edited his HUD to remove most of the "boxing glove hands." Gave him an animated "HOLD" bar for when rage is full (may remove later.)

Cave Johnson - Removed the three-shot middle-charged fire and replaced it with the alt. Changed the alt to a weak gatling gun. Gave him a new HUD and slightly increased the fire rate on the Lemon Storm. Gave slight attack
resistance.

Morshu - Oh, wait. He's new to this version. Let's see how this goes.Of course, any feedback, suggestions, or means of how to adjust the classes is appreciated.

EDIT: Added images back to the class list and added the info for Morshu (which I forgot to do at first.)

LeotheMage:
Captain Falcon desperately needs a buff. Compared to the other classes, he's the rock bottom of the tier list. Poor Falcon needs quite some buffs.

-Remove Captain Falcon's slowdown with his primary combo attack,  it is understandable with the Falcon punch, but it's got to go for the primary. I can only make the primary work if my enemy is cornered.

-Speaking of the Falcon Punch, can you fix the bug when Captain Falcon constantly says "Faaaaalcon...." at the speed of sound but does not do the punch? Could you make it more powerful as well?

-Make Captain Falcon faster, it's kinda hard for a melee class to contend against all these ranged classes who have deadly projectiles at their disposal, especially MegaMan.

-Could you lessen the cooldown for the Falcon Kick? It's difficult to continue a combo whilst using it as an attack or catching up with the enemy.

-Falcon's knee needs to stun so enemy's can't get away from punch flurry wrath/Falcon Punch.

-C. Falcon needs to double jump.

Also, I had a question, with the C. Falcon bot it could use the Falcon Punch as a projectile. Is there any way I can do this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version