Advanced Search

Author Topic: the addon classes!  (Read 19816 times)

May 20, 2011, 08:41:21 PM
Reply #15

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: the addon classes!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
I like the extended classes.

Corvus' taunt sounds like he's getting kicked in the nuts though... the current Mage class taunt is a better fit for Corvus than what he has now because the sound was from his game.

Yurei's screen element is weird when you die. It sort of shifts the whole screen down or something and doesn't look right.

As for the poll, I voted "possibly". The extended classes are fun.

May 20, 2011, 11:37:10 PM
Reply #16

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »
Hmm... well i've seen this before. Its not too special but it can be quite interesting with these classes. The classes dont quite seem on par with the official classes in terms of strenght though i never had a proper chance at playing as Meepy's server is like on the other side of the world. :P

Though if he intends to take over GVH i think he's got a long way to go. Hmm... Should probaly try a little harder on that myself, her being inactive here doesnt help. I'm worried if she keeps being the decider even if i do make official stuff, it will STILL never get released! Meh...

Oh, he should probaly make some classes NOT have the map-wide (boss-like) death scream (like the Cyberdemon has).

May 21, 2011, 04:34:16 PM
Reply #17

Offline MagnetMan497

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 13, 2010, 04:48:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
Bluewiz, we tell people to shut up around here. Warned.
BruiserDemon, you are also warned for returning the fire.

I don't want to see any fighting going on here, got it?
XD Soryy, I had to point this out

May 21, 2011, 05:46:05 PM
Reply #18

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
Did I honestly say that? Jeez I need to stop moderating when I'm sick.

May 21, 2011, 08:15:18 PM
Reply #19

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 08:15:18 PM »
I was honestly expecting an I AM THE LAW smackdown on that. Guess that just shows my trust in mods lately... :P

Atleast the mods seem to do well (as long as they're not ill, heh).
I'd be on-topic but as said before, too much to lag to play, so i could merely post my observations. No new observations so far, though the gigantic explosion from that bomb-spell-throwing class is always fun.

May 24, 2011, 12:12:34 AM
Reply #20

Offline bruiserdemon

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 16, 2011, 06:07:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 12:12:34 AM »
please do NOT cast a vote unless you have actually tried the classes! also, who chose "what were we talking about again" ?

May 24, 2011, 12:17:22 AM
Reply #21

Offline arkman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 17, 2011, 04:22:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »
Probably someone who didn't try the addon classes.

I haven't yet but that is because skulltag was giving me all kinds of problems and I need to reinstall it. And probably find a new copy of doom too.

May 25, 2011, 03:40:33 AM
Reply #22

Offline Meepy!-*Ivan!*

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 25, 2011, 02:43:10 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 03:40:33 AM »
Damn Bruiser I just noticed about this post. You only give me disrepute. Also not to tell you are lying when I talked you about the Soul Harvester... And a poll to know what you think about me belonging to GVH Team---? Shit.

FIRST OF ALL: I only made these classes for my own, ofc. I only wanted to share them with my friends because always playing with the same 10 classes were getting us bored. Also, the Soul Harvester was the first class I made, so please keep in mind: he had to be OP. I only released a 2nd version to fix a little thing I've made. Then I started making the other classes.
SECOND: If no one likes my classes then why do I see servers with my classes once in a while? I just don't really care about it but anyway... Make your own classes and don't ask me to make another one again!

Now... I told you billion times that I nerfed Soul Harvester in the 3rd beta, and I'm the only person who has it. What are you talking about with "ivan says it's fine and he WILL NOT change it."? I only told you that to 1-hit kill you had to aim well, because it's like the Creeper's attack combined with a small splash damage, to make multiple kills possible.
Also I'm a noob with decorate and ACS and everything. If something works bad, it means it gave me a lot of troubles, just like Clowny's invisibility (useless) that was replaced with a boost, and Duke's jetpack too, that it's very easy to do, but gave me troubles anyway.
If I have to tell all the things I must fix I could say they are A LOT, but I fixed them all in new files.
Give me a month to make 1 class and it will be nice. People rush me to make a class in 1 day--- actually, only 3 hours. You can't blame me only because my classes work bad for you. Everything was made by me, even tested with bots only. Not to mention, sometimes, the damage in my Skulltag is divided by 2 (I could kill Creepers with 2 lightnings)... So there comes the OP stuff.
I don't think I deserve being in GVH Team because, I don't really know how those guys are used to work. To me, it looks like they have some big responsibility. I can't focus on it when I HAVE A LIFE of a 15 year-old teenager FFS! I'm still studying at school and I have 2 more years left to finish it.
Next time Bruiser, think about what you're talking about, or simply remember. Stop lying please. It's not my fault that most of the Skulltag players live in Europe or in the USA. Just deal with it. I always play with more than 280 of ping, and I can still kill. I wouldn't play with you, to prevent the "ping abuse" (cry more), but if I'm not in my server mostly like people won't join or will leave.

Oh, and I've chosen "what were we talking about again?".

May 25, 2011, 11:09:00 AM
Reply #23

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Hmm... For a big responsibility i cannot understand why she made Santa have undodgable 40-60 or so damage per altfire on the Snowgun. Its probaly the strongest weapon if added, thankfully he's an optional addon so far.

Good thing to know the classes are getting some fixes here and there. Wish the GVH dev team was even 1/4th as active as you are. It would still yield results eventually. :P
I'd give more feedback but aside the odd boss deaths, i cannot offer more due to lack of (low-ping) gameplay.

May 25, 2011, 01:51:24 PM
Reply #24

Offline Meepy!-*Ivan!*

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »
Ok it seems you hate Santa's Snowgun :P Yeah I know and it's proved, Santa's Snowgun is OP as hell. I have some Sjas/Creeper/Choke dodge abilities and it is still hard to dodge the altfire of that thing. Worst than 1 Santa is Santa spam! I hate that. I made a nerfed Santa but after some weeks he got OP (not to mention the Star Launcher's 1-hit kill bug). Snowgun altfire could kill a Creeper with 1 altfire. I reduced damage of every weapon, except the Holly. Snowgun altfire shoots 3 snowballs, not 4 and it has more delay. They are also slower. Star Launcher altfire has a delay too.

About the boss deaths, I only made them because they sounded funny to me. I didn't even think that someone would take my classes in serious xD But I might remove that. Like you, I don't mind to check people's feedback or ideas. If I share MY (>:() classes it means I want people to like it. Not to complain and complain and complain. It's really uncomfortable. But there is a REASON... I will leave a class's world-wide sounds...
(click to show/hide)
Hey if more people like us would make add-ons like classes or balance patches, or also maps and other stuff, maybe GVH could retrieve the attention it had. You inspired me in making the achievement fix patch, but it needs fixes already. Ice Mastery needs to be fixed because after you get it, you will keep getting it every time you kill if you do not get 4 kills with ice. xP These are mistakes I won't let pass again. Hehe let's make GVH get its interest back!

May 25, 2011, 06:45:58 PM
Reply #25

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »
Ah, its only the deaths that seem unneeded, anything else like that gigantic explosion is logical enough to have a map-wide sound. That does remind me about your Santa edit, still not sure if the Snowgun altfire is still that overpowered, but its better then the official so far.

Guess seeing GVH being played a fair bit agains would be really nice, though it WILL need dedicated hosts probaly, hmm... Could always host a server whenever im back from work, it lasts like 8-10 hours anyway. I still have plans to try to do official stuff for GVH instead though, eventually.
Hmm... Not much new with the balance patch so far, if it wasnt for that addicting game... Heh... Should probaly return some values to normal and maybe normalize stuff more.

Hmm... Still havent looked into that archievement fix patch you made, its probaly using another trigger method then spamming ACS_EXECUTEALWAYS, looping, in almost every state of the human/ghoul players. Tried editing the kill item first but meh, sometimes stuff doesnt work...

May 25, 2011, 07:43:29 PM
Reply #26

Offline Meepy!-*Ivan!*

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
Hmm... Still havent looked into that archievement fix patch you made, its probaly using another trigger method then spamming ACS_EXECUTEALWAYS, looping, in almost every state of the human/ghoul players.
My method is the same as Ghostbsuter, Engineer, Choke, and Frost Bite. I'm the biggest noob ever with ACS, and IDK how the hell I figured out what does this mean:

ACS_ExecuteAlways(800+CheckInventory("AchievementID"),0);
AchievementID = 1 | 800 + 1 = 801
AchievementID = 2 | 800 + 2 = 802
.... LUL  :lol: (I've got A++ :D)

Also, to fix Frost Bite "BLIZZARD" achievement, the item "KilledMe" doesn't execute the Script #977 anymore, which made the items "KilledJ" get removed from the player's inventory every time you killed, avoiding the chance to gather more than one at time. KilledMe also fixes "HERO", "ICE MASTERY", "THREE COURSE MEAL", "BAND OF CORPSES"... Anyway, the description is inside the file :cool:
http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/GVHv3b1-AchFix2.zip

Old one :B --> http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/GVHv3b1-AchFix1.zip

May 25, 2011, 09:57:30 PM
Reply #27

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »
Hey meepy mc meeperton

Good job on extended classes.

K cya

May 26, 2011, 01:20:42 AM
Reply #28

Offline bruiserdemon

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 16, 2011, 06:07:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »
Quote from: "bruiserdemon"
meepy ivan made 20 new gvh classes and we need you to play on my server for testing and balancing! server: bd's gvh extended class list. lemme just tell you the classes! ghouls: soul harvester, iodsa, ravager, yurei (OMG!), juglum, emtalic, misty, mohoph, clowny, and eyesore!
humans: blazcowicz (wolf3D nazi), corrupter (caleb), corvus (a slight copy of engineer), duke nukem (OF COURSE!), knight (humans first melee class!), lara croft (i actually dont know why shes in here), santa (his version has more holly and slows snowball altfire time), taradino cassat (almost as badass as duke nukem), and mage (hey, menlkir! you made it!). oh only 19 classes...
oh wait! ivan said he needs to add 1 more human! well my server wont be up all the time but check frequently!

*edit*

post your thoughts on changes or balance here so i might be able to tell ivan. don't tell me in the server where i'll most likely not be paying attention because im too busy trying to play.
better yet, GO TO IVAN AND alert him  of your issues! i might forget :p (and please dont try to insist that he change the classes! he's a busy person and he didnt HAVE to make this)

*editedit*

I AM WELL AWARE THAT SOUL HARVESTER IS OVERPOWERED but ivan says it's fine and he WILL NOT change it. (ok the sh is no longer overpowered)

*editeditedit*

whenever my server is up i will edit it into this message and display when the server is up or not up

*server status*

currently offline

*editediteditedit*

2 NEW CLASSES!
strifeguy (has 2 forms! :o), ivy (who the hell is that?)

May 26, 2011, 01:45:44 AM
Reply #29

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 01:45:44 AM »
Was there a point this was supposed to get across?