Advanced Search

Author Topic: Discuss your honest thoughts on GVH Nordic Saga.  (Read 37886 times)

January 02, 2012, 07:50:18 PM
Reply #15

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
Re: Discuss your honest thoughts on GVH Nordic Saga.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
I may never play GvH since I don't have Doom but if I ever do, based solely on your abysmal attitude I will never touch your mod no matter how popular it is.

As for the map, again, I haven't played it but have you ever thought that significantly changing the classes in the game may break certain maps?  Namely all of them?  Since you know, they weren't designed for it?

January 02, 2012, 07:50:52 PM
Reply #16

Offline Tails

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 02:26:40 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
Quote from: "Watermelon"

By the way, if you don't clean up your attitude then there will be consequences. Cutstuff doesn't tolerate jerks.
Yet Cutstuff allows posts like Bikdark to be made, right? Since I know how good of a mod you are, I'm quite sure you'd be glad to make sure there are no double standards-- right?

He's just arguing,he isn't saying WE'D LOVE TO REMOVE YOUR CRAP MAP, or just down right flaming. Bikdark is using some sort of profanity to defend himself, but that doesn't mean he's really doing anything wrong. I suggest you calm down :/

January 02, 2012, 07:51:07 PM
Reply #17

Offline Watermelon

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 15, 2011, 11:32:43 PM

• View Profile
Re: You keep using that word...I do not think you know what
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
Well time to debunk some blatantly wrong stuff as usual:

Quote from: "CarThief"
Havent played it lately either, but mostly due to their... Well-known behaviour kinda ruining the gaming atmosphere.
Says the guy who comes in and never plays trolling our wad.
Says the guy who calls anyone who doesn't like his WAD a troll
Wrong, I call trolls people who make trollish posts, like yours.

All the balance bugs where ironed out anyway, aside from maybe Jitter spam, still a difficult problem... I just dont see the point of overhauling the game that was well known and loved. At best the only problems where the maps and Jitterskulls (in groups), if i recall correctly.
The thing that is awesome about NS is that it's so balanced, we almost always end up with 4-5 as a final score... unless of course myself and Ivan go on the human team and go marine after duels.
Bullshit. Complete bullshit. With all the time I've spent on Grandvoid, I've only seen 1-5 in the Ghoul's favor. And don't go saying "Sorry, the mods haven't seen you on the server, so you weren't there."
How much time have you spent on Grandvoid and what username did you use? I'd like to verify this claim with my log access... because you're dead wrong here.

Quote from: "Bikdark"
Pffahaha, I think it's complete garbage. The devs treat anyone who dislikes their mod like crap, there's a melee human, a ranged ghoul, the new ghouls are made wrong, and copious amounts of balance issues.
The only people we treat like crap are idiots like you, and hackers; both of which end up on the ban pike anyways.
So I'm an idiot for calling you out on inexcusable behavior toward people who have given your mod constructive criticism?  
So you think that because I debunk troll comments that I suddenly have a bad attitude?
Your points are flawed and make no sense; learn to troll next time properly please.
So I'm a "troll" because I chose not to like your wad?
No, you're a troll because you make purposely incorrect claims that anyone who plays the game would outright disagree with you on, and seek to cause problems via this method.
 I could easily point out why all your points are anti-logic, but I'd be wasting my time since you have no clue what you're talking about (and choose to do so)
Do it. You say you can, so do it.
State what places are imbalanced, and I'll debunk accordingly.

And if there is a GVH server it'll either be annoying gameplay in NS and/or the creators throwing shit at me for just disliking their choices in this mod,
We kick you out come you come in and troll. If you're naive enough to actually think we kick you out because you dislike our game... the internet is not the place for you.
Again, bullshit.
Logs disprove this.

Quote from: "Bikdark"
Would you mind pointing out where?
Derrrrrp.

January 02, 2012, 07:52:03 PM
Reply #18

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Says the outsider who comes into our forums to call us trolls, call maps stupid and become highly defensive of everyone's critiques. The mere fact you are arguing with me over this matter is not looking good for you. Keep in mind, it doesn't matter what you think is "fair", it's what the global moderators and CutmanMike deems acceptable behavior. Bikdark is pushing it, but hey, you are in no good position either.

Arguing is fine, name calling is not. If this keeps up, anyone who continues it will be warned.

January 02, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
Reply #19

Offline Watermelon

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 07:54:08 PM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
Says the outsider who comes into our forums to call us trolls, call maps stupid and become highly defensive of everyone's critiques. The mere fact you are arguing with me over this matter is not looking good for you. Keep in mind, it doesn't matter what you think is "fair", it's what the global moderators and CutmanMike deems acceptable behavior. Bikdark is pushing it, but hey, you are in no good position either.

Arguing is fine, name calling is not. If this keeps up, anyone who continues it will be warned.
With response to your maps: You're just hearing what the server wants, don't shoot the messenger (me).

Quote from: "Tails_Hatsune"

By the way, if you don't clean up your attitude then there will be consequences. Cutstuff doesn't tolerate jerks.
Yet Cutstuff allows posts like Bikdark to be made, right? Since I know how good of a mod you are, I'm quite sure you'd be glad to make sure there are no double standards-- right?

He's just arguing,he isn't saying WE'D LOVE TO REMOVE YOUR CRAP MAP, or just down right flaming. Bikdark is using some sort of profanity to defend himself, but that doesn't mean he's really doing anything wrong. I suggest you calm down :/
Doing wrong I guess is subjective, no?
Don't worry broski, I'm nice and calm :)

January 02, 2012, 07:56:21 PM
Reply #20

Offline Megaman

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 09:51:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
I'm personally not a huge fan of Nordic Saga.  I play it sometimes, but not a lot.  I feel the Ice Fiend has a cool design (no pun intended) but I don't really use the new classes a lot.  To be honest, I think the only reason I like Nordic Saga is to hear Kackebango scream "GET THIS ORANGE SHIT OFF MY FACE!"

January 02, 2012, 07:57:19 PM
Reply #21

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 07:57:19 PM »
You keep saying "Who likes your map?  Everybody hates your map" in response to Ivory saying people like xis map.  I say to you "who hates the map?"  Produce proof.

January 02, 2012, 07:58:10 PM
Reply #22

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »
Well you asked me "who likes it" but a better question is, "who doesn't like it". Also no, everyone is not a valid answer.

January 02, 2012, 07:58:33 PM
Reply #23

Offline IvanDobrovski

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 05, 2011, 01:54:44 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »
Can we take this to #gvh on skulltag.irc ? It'd both calm things here and we could better see people's opinions/constructive criticism.

January 02, 2012, 07:59:26 PM
Reply #24

Offline Watermelon

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
Quote from: "IvanDobrovski"
Can we take this to #gvh on skulltag.irc ? It'd both calm things here and we could better see people's opinions/constructive criticism.
This.

Now as a mod, Ivory, please do your duty and lock this troll thread so no one has to endure it anymore.
Thank you in advance <3
Watermelon

January 02, 2012, 08:00:38 PM
Reply #25

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
Havent played it lately either, but mostly due to their... Well-known behaviour kinda ruining the gaming atmosphere.

After Watermelon's posts, I can see why.

I, personally, will never play Nordic Saga after reading those posts. When the devs verbally trash someone for politely requesting their map be removed from the pack, you know the mod isn't worth playing.

The only people we treat like crap are idiots like you, and hackers

Uh, dude, your nose is growing. You should probably go get that checked.

January 02, 2012, 08:01:41 PM
Reply #26

Offline Tails

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 02:26:40 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »
But you're in control of the channel so how will that work?

January 02, 2012, 08:02:13 PM
Reply #27

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
With response to your maps: You're just hearing what the server wants, don't shoot the messenger (me).
I'd be glad to remove your crap map. I personally always exclude it from the rotation.
Looky here boys, we got a hypocrite up in this joint.
Also,
Quote from: "IvanDobrovski"
Most of us were pointing out things in a calm matter, until people started getting a bit defensive. You're making it seem like it's a problem on both sides of this argument.
Besides, having a forum where *most* moderators are neutral on this allows for a fair debate.

January 02, 2012, 08:02:40 PM
Reply #28

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »
Now as a mod, Ivory, please do your duty and lock this troll thread so no one has to endure it anymore.
Thank you in advance <3
Watermelon
I see no reason to lock it. It was designed as a place to discuss the NS wad, and is doing so.

January 02, 2012, 08:02:51 PM
Reply #29

Offline Watermelon

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
After Watermelon's posts, I can see why.

I, personally, will never play Nordic Saga after reading those posts. When the devs verbally trash someone for politely requesting their map be removed from the pack, you know the mod isn't worth playing.
You probably never would have played nordic saga even if I was Jesus Christ incarnated.
Can't lose what I don't have though.

The only people we treat like crap are idiots like you, and hackers

Uh, dude, your nose is growing. You should probably go get that checked.
I need to get more air somehow for my huffing and puffing while ragemaxing.