Advanced Search

Author Topic: What I hate about Wily Stage 1 in the first Mega Man Game  (Read 18140 times)

December 29, 2013, 04:31:39 AM
Read 18140 times

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
What I hate about Wily Stage 1 in the first Mega Man Game
« on: December 29, 2013, 04:31:39 AM »
Well I was playing Mega Man 1 on the anniversary collection, on easy mode, and I got to Wily Stage 1 this level is a pain in the a**

Things I hate about Wily 1 in Mega Man:

(click to show/hide)

December 29, 2013, 07:19:04 AM
Reply #1

Offline *Alice

• Standard Member

• summertime everywhere summertime in your hair
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2013, 11:56:48 PM

• View Profile
    • aliceif#4000
Re: What I hate about Wily Stage 1 in the first Mega Man Gam
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:19:04 AM »
Big Eyes? They are a non-threat because you have Ice Slasher.
The fire is only a little annoying.
Foot Holders are not nearly as bad as in Ice Man.

And I have not found Yellow Devil that hard.
One T.Beam hit does as much damage to him as his flying jelly blocks do to you.
In other words, getting hit up to once per flying jelly phase (and doing one of those perfectly without getting hit) is all you need to do to win.

I only played the Rockman Megaworld version, though, so there might be differences.
And it was not on easy mode because there is no easy mode.

December 29, 2013, 07:27:16 AM
Reply #2

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 07:27:16 AM »
The footholders are a legit problem, as is the forced magnet beam use room you didn't show which is just crazy tedious.

For everything else you just need to get better at the game.  and really... easy mode?  what the hell is easy mode?

December 29, 2013, 07:33:56 AM
Reply #3

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 07:33:56 AM »
The later Wily stages only get worse, just so you know.

Maybe you're better off playing Mega Man 5.

December 29, 2013, 07:59:34 AM
Reply #4

Offline Dr. Crasger

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 12, 2013, 11:55:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »
Wily Stage 1 was a hell of a pain. Good thing I knew about the [SELECT] cheat.

December 29, 2013, 09:31:08 AM
Reply #5

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:08 AM »
If you know how to dodge Yellow devil attacks, because it's always the same "pattern" thing....you can kill him easily with Thunder beam or buster (without SELECT cheat)....

December 29, 2013, 01:41:05 PM
Reply #6

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
My main issue with Wily stage 1 was the aforementioned forced magnet beam room. The yellow devil took me a long time to beat initially, since I was still learning his pattern. Once I got that down, he wasn't too hard.

December 30, 2013, 12:19:59 AM
Reply #7

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 12:19:59 AM »
Although I thought Wily Stage 1 wasn't too bad in the NES version of the game, in Wily Wars, it's a whole different story.

You know that room that requires Magnet Beam? And how you'd just pop back to the 2 large Weapon Energy Capsules in the Footholder room repeatedly if you ran out of Weapon Energy? Well, in Wily Wars, they "fixed" the "bug" where items re-generated when the screen they're on is left, which means YOU CAN'T MISS WITH THAT MAGNET BEAM, BUDDY, OR YOU'LL HAVE TO SUICIDE AND GET A GAME OVER TO TRY AGAIN!

(And the game didn't even save between Wily Stages, so you pretty much had one bar of energy for Magnet Beam for all 4 Wily Stages)

Mind you, the change of item re-generating is probably because all three games run on pretty much the exact same "engine", but with points, sliding, or neither enabled, depending on the game. Of course, that doesn't really make sense, as how long could it have taken them to program a "switch" to enable item respawning?

December 30, 2013, 02:38:37 AM
Reply #8

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 02:38:37 AM »
Quote from: "NemZ"
and really... easy mode? what the hell is easy mode?

The Anniversary collection  has an easy mode option where mega man takes less damage from attacks and I think he does more damage to enemies.

Quote from: "Geno"
Although I thought Wily Stage 1 wasn't too bad in the NES version of the game, in Wily Wars, it's a whole different story.

You know that room that requires Magnet Beam? And how you'd just pop back to the 2 large Weapon Energy Capsules in the Footholder room repeatedly if you ran out of Weapon Energy? Well, in Wily Wars, they "fixed" the "bug" where items re-generated when the screen they're on is left, which means YOU CAN'T MISS WITH THAT MAGNET BEAM, BUDDY, OR YOU'LL HAVE TO SUICIDE AND GET A GAME OVER TO TRY AGAIN!

Yeah, I heard that the two weapon energies don't respawn. Capcom has a history of being jerks. *Cough* Quick Man's Stage *Cough*

Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
My main issue with Wily stage 1 was the aforementioned forced magnet beam room. The yellow devil took me a long time to beat initially, since I was still learning his pattern. Once I got that down, he wasn't too hard.

I hate the fact that the Footholders can shoot you! Imagine you are on a Footholder and another one shot you. You would get knocked back and fall of of the footholder.

January 13, 2014, 01:39:42 PM
Reply #9

Offline Number86

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2013, 09:18:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 01:39:42 PM »
The Big Eyes are no problem. Freeze 'em mid-jump and that's the end of the matter.
Flame pillars are simple enough when you know how.
The Foot Holders are something of a legitimate complaint, I've been playing this game for Christ-knows how long and there really doesn't seem to be anything close to a pattern in their movement. But much like in Ice Man's stage, you can still Magnet Beam across this section with relative ease (short platforms, create a new one while running across current, jump up to new one, repeat) so it's a no-brainer.
Yellow Devil... blah. Trial & Error boss that unfortunately can take a very long time to get comfortable with regarding the pattern. If the 'pause glitch' still works and you have no objection to cheaping your way past this tedious boss, then go nuts.

As already mentioned, be glad you're not playing Wily Wars. All the 'good' bugs are fixed, the controls feel less fluid if you're used to NES, and everything just generally seems more difficult (although weirdly, MM2 and MM3 seem easier).

January 15, 2014, 02:48:01 PM
Reply #10

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:01 PM »
Quote from: "Number86"
The Foot Holders are something of a legitimate complaint, I've been playing this game for Christ-knows how long and there really doesn't seem to be anything close to a pattern in their movement. But much like in Ice Man's stage, you can still Magnet Beam across this section with relative ease (short platforms, create a new one while running across current, jump up to new one, repeat) so it's a no-brainer.

Even when you use the magnet beam, they can still shoot you, knocking you back.

January 15, 2014, 09:03:18 PM
Reply #11

Offline Number86

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
Yes, which is why you constantly create a new platform while running on the existing one, so you can jump on it when they fire. The only thing you have to worry about is creating too many platforms and jumping up into the spiked ceiling, but that shouldn't even be possible unless you panic and jump every time a Foot Holder changes direction.

Example:
Look at how 'A Raving Loon' (top left screen) clears the obstacle.

January 16, 2014, 02:44:53 AM
Reply #12

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 02:44:53 AM »
Yes, which is why you constantly create a new platform while running on the existing one, so you can jump on it when they fire. The only thing you have to worry about is creating too many platforms and jumping up into the spiked ceiling, but that shouldn't even be possible unless you panic and jump every time a Foot Holder changes direction.

Example:
Look at how 'A Raving Loon' (top left screen) clears the obstacle.

He got lucky, because the foot holders stayed below his Magnet Beam.

January 16, 2014, 12:57:00 PM
Reply #13

Offline Number86

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Oh right, of course. 'Lucky'. Maybe you're actually just bad at the game then, because I can get across that gap using the above method pretty much any time I play.

January 17, 2014, 01:54:18 PM
Reply #14

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
Oh right, of course. 'Lucky'. Maybe you're actually just bad at the game then, because I can get across that gap using the above method pretty much any time I play.

Bad? I am far from bad at this game.