Gaming > The Ghoul's Forest

Maps

(1/2) > >>

Raider:
Hey guys, I'm in the process of creating some new maps, some are original, but I wanted to know if I'm allowed to submit redesigned maps.  What I had in mind would be Torn City and a ghoulified version of the Whodunit mansion.  Anyway, on my orginal map, Deep Cave, I want to include a ridable minecart, but I don't think thats possible.  If I'm wrong, please correct me.  I'm on my Wii so I don't have any screens right now, sorry.

CarThief:
Well if you mean to submit maps to GVH, why not! Just make sure if anyone else has rights or some kind of say on the map also agrees to submit it to GVH, i guess. Any maps will go through quite some quality checks though.

As long as they're not too bad looking compared to GVH's maps (in any case better looking then a doom 2 level), and if possible are fair in balance (though that can be unpredictable how the outcome is), and just play well, it should work out.
Havent had map submissions in ages, hope they're good, new maps are always interesting to play on. Oh and if they do get accepted changes might need to be made if you dont mind. I can try to offer advice on how to approach some things.

Though i think there was a specific topic for map submissions however.

Edit: A ridable minecart? Sounds like an tricky ACS/DECORATE job, best to keep the maps simple, speaking of minecarts and their respective tunnels, try to avoid making long straight paths.
Oh and make them playable for Software users, cant do with features that Software users cant work with, not everyone's PC can run openGL. :P (Except maybe small extra things for opengl only, such as GVH39's (Lets Bowl) reflecting water, it doesnt affect software users.)

Raider:
Gotcha.  Well I'm going to replace the 3d floors with fakes, and slighty tone down the details.  As for the mansion, it's a 2 story type deal with 3d floors, may have to make it one.  BTW I just wanted to know if it would work or not.  Ya see I'm trying to come up with an interesting and rarely/not been used gimmick, and I thought that may do it. I'll think of something though.

CarThief:
Ah, Jitterskull doesnt like multiple floors though, and even bridges dont aid him (he can even get stuck in them). Also avoid putting in deep water in maps, or atleast in moderation and avoidable, Jitterskull cant work with that either, heh. Water can still be a flat surface, though humans will most likely abuse deep water as an shield of sorts against Jitterskulls, heh.

By all means detail is highly encouraged but be sure to keep gameplay as a priority.
Hm... Dont think Jitterskull or any other class has issues with any other possible map features though. Might be interesting to know that adding friction or whatever they call it to a floor (making it slippery, as if it is ice) will greatly aid Jitterskull compared to the many things that dont aid him. :P

Raider:
Another thing, you've seen Isolation, Space Pyramid, and Target Practice right?  They're captainbigheads maps.  I liked them (although target practice is too big), I'd like to see them added, but thats your call.  I'm just sharing my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version