Advanced Search

Author Topic: Yurei Battle  (Read 8633 times)

May 12, 2012, 06:20:57 PM
Read 8633 times

Offline Mr. Date

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 05, 2012, 01:37:29 PM

• View Profile
Yurei Battle
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
So to make it short: was about to start GvH Yurei Battle and i was unable to start Skulltag because "Jitterskullattack not found in Jitterskullattack2 and Creeperball not found in Creeperball2. any help? i downloaded this file the third time now and it doesn't change

May 12, 2012, 06:55:13 PM
Reply #1

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Yurei Battle
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
Sounds like missing files or having put them in the incorrect order. In order for GVH mods or adaptations to work (like Santa or Yurei Battle) they have to all be there and be placed in correct order, in this case: GVHV3b5.pk3, GVHv3b4-Yurei-Battle.pk3 and optionally the santa file as well, from up to down.

If you're using some kind of program to select the wads and start it up just rearrange or add the missing wad files, if you're dragging wads onto Skulltag.exe, put them next to eachother, and drag them both at the same time onto Skulltag.exe with the GVHv3b5.pk3 being on top.

I pretty much tend to use this setup all the time:
gvhv3b5.pk3(main file, all you need to play regular GVH)
gvhv3b4-santa(optional, though not supported).
gvhv3b4-yurei-battle.pk3(Yurei Battle, of course)

Oh, there's a built-in hard mode too, if you (re)start the map/round/server with compat_limitpain true. As the name says its pretty hard, i recomment atleast 5 lives for it, great fun with friends, hehe... (And if you're hosting this on multiplayer, on normal, i recommend 3 lives, as it gets harder with multiple players.)

May 12, 2012, 07:28:30 PM
Reply #2

Offline Mr. Date

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
In fact i would enjoy to have a Server for only Yurei Battle itself to play on. i searched for a Server having the File, none found. No doubt, some peoples are pretty afraid of Yurei + Ghouls' Forest in General. you guys did good work there, it's hard to scare peoples in a 2D Game that much. Pewdiepie even started to slightly Cry.

However i checked all of it, and for some odd Reason i downloaded the old Version of this 3 Times in a Row, it was from Cutstuff so yeah, Google linked me to some Random Old Links from Cutstuff. i guess the Problem is solved if i am not wrong. gotta check this one first.

May 12, 2012, 07:42:42 PM
Reply #3

Offline Mr. Date

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:42 PM »
Double Post. Oh well, it still isn't working. haven't expected that to happen but gotta check out some more Help

Edit: i now understand it. Yurei Battle as Above the GVH Data itself. but well, my Wads go in order of alphabeth and land in the skin folder because i have no program like the MM8BDM Launcher to add the Files Single.

May 12, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
Reply #4

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
Ah, im guessing you figured it out by now? It might help to copy the files and put them in the correct order in a new map, and just drag them onto Skulltag.exe from there. Should work as long as the main file is left/above(depends on layout, lists, icons, you know) of the extra files.

Programs like IDE(Internet Doom Explorer) or DoomSeeker (which i believe comes with MM8BDM) should allow you to setup singleplayer stuff as well; in DoomSeeker, there's the Play Offline button close to the Start Server button when opening the Create Server window, works the same as making a server but you'll end up playing offline instead.

With IDE there's a specific Single Play tab for it which should be fairly managable as well.
The hard mode flag is found among the compat flags when making a server/game and is described as roughly "limits Pain Elementals to 20 souls", in the case of IDE put the compat_limitpain true command at the 'custom/additional parameters' area.

Oh and be sure to host GVH only with the Doom 2 (doom2.wad) iwad/game, i doubt it function at all on MM8BDM.
Edit - Links, if you need any:
IDE: http://doomutils.ucoz.com/load/0-0-1-75-20
DoomSeeker: http://doomseeker.drdteam.org/files/doo ... rc.tar.bz2

May 13, 2012, 06:47:38 AM
Reply #5

Offline Mr. Date

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 06:47:38 AM »
I once was a Part of the whole GvH Stuff, however i left the Community due to Problems with some Peoples. Have all the Programs still, so far the only Reason it failed is because i forgot that i have to place them in the right Folder. however The Human Campaign is really as good as Impossible to beat. Not because it's hard, because Your Bot Allies keep dying and give the Ghouls Free Frags rofl.

May 13, 2012, 05:44:37 PM
Reply #6

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
Hm, not sure if its that hard, though i am a bit guilty of occasionally cheating when pissed off during the campaign, resulting in the offending bot getting a facefull BFG blast. :P
(I also think the Ghoul campaign is a bit harder, considering bots dont miss easily on close range, and react lightning fast, if not killed yet then.)

I guess its good incentive to get around and try to find enemies, because without some help the humans are pretty likely to fail, and for some reason bots like to target human players over bot players as long as they're not already in a big fight. I guess if there's ever demand for an update perhaps i should try forcing the human bots to back off when fighting just like the creeper (with the gvh_advancedbots flag) will rush forward (and throws stun balls!).

Gets quite rediculous on the last stage though, but it seems bots hate it when i fly around on the top of the map as Cyborg, and give up most of their fights to go after me, as the Humans on the ground try to pick them off. One hell of a chaotic final battle though, before the one with the Yurei starts, hehe...
Oh i should try and play the campaigns again, maybe with the Rainbow Edition added into it for extra options, good ol times...

Edit: Hm... Where IS a link to the Rainbow Edition anyway...? Did it even ever get uploaded somewhere properly? Oh well, i guess i'll gladly upload it on demand. Maybe i should ask Cutman later if he'll put the files available for download on Cutstuff...

May 31, 2012, 02:25:46 PM
Reply #7

Offline Mr. Date

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
Oh yes, Creepers. Creepers are the worst Problem because of Doom Bots indeed. They are so intelligent to Jump right in front of Creepers and are all like "Huh Huh Get me i am always out of your Range" and well... they get killed in the End.
ANYWAY, i have a Question. tried finding the Song from Yurei Battle with Google and didn't find it. someone knows the Name of the Song?

May 31, 2012, 02:45:32 PM
Reply #8

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »
Heh, yeah, all the bots do is walk to the enemy while shooting, and strafe around it, while staying out of melee range (most of the time), if getting too close. They're pretty good at dodging stuff from players though.

Checked the files but i couldnt find any credits for the music, he got some of his resources for GVH from Newgrounds though, it might possibily be somewhere there but i suppose you're best off asking him. Private messaging him should work, might take a while for him to answer though.

May 31, 2012, 10:27:15 PM
Reply #9

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
That would be this song at 25 seconds in.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/130378