Advanced Search

Author Topic: Plans for 2013 (also your new year resolutions if you want)  (Read 12466 times)

January 01, 2013, 05:05:45 AM
Reply #15

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
Re: Plans for 2013 (also your new year resolutions if you wa
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 05:05:45 AM »
The most hellish year in my lonley carrer of being alive has finnaly come to a close. Though most would be celebrating the arrival of a new year, I'll be sitting here, drinking my heart into oblivion in hopes that I lie unconsious until the next week. Only then would I fake, onto myself, the belief that 2012 was naught but a dream. Lemme explain why this past year was abyssmal to me: an injury that my mother sustained has caused me to be house-ridden for practically half of the entire year. Dad doesn't drive unles he really needs to, but he spends most of his time in the basement, watching television until his time of demise. Sis moved out to pursue a life as a carrer jumper in an attempt to gain the money she desparately needs to punp into her constantly ebbing clothing collection, with the only negative part of her storyling being that she's currently siphoning off of my 80-year old grandfather's electricity and water bills. And I, hardly an intrest in driving or school as considered by the superiors to be a suggesively crucial matter, lie awake past 3:00 AM every night thinking of the future that gets farther and farther away everytime my mind shuffles through the harmful, personal memories of my childhood that make me want to speak out in questionable phrases and chants. And the one mentally exausted soul I even have close to a "friend," is some go-to guy for whenever we get bored and have nothing to do. He drives, but I don't want to take advantage of it. That shows that I'd be a good, caring friend, but only in the crumblung chaos of physical life and if I even have the sense to walk outside and talk to someone. I can't be friends with a bunch of 10-year olds (not referring at all to CutStuff.) Then nearing the end of the year, when everything in my twisted world of sanity is un-shuffled, the actions of fear start with the overwhelming. With Hurrica...Tropical Storm Sandy? I don't freaking know. No serious damages were inflicted with any of us, though sitting alone in the dark, devoid of anything that I normally do within the matter of killing time, were inoperable. Slowly, the outer shell of my sanity began to rot. Plus I was sick at the time. When all that was over and order was, once again, restored, more fear rang out. The Mayan Doomsday, of course. When I first heard about it, about the end of all days, I would lie awake, shivering tover the very fact of nothingness that all would become. As everything that I stated above started to happen, I hoped more and more that the prophecy was indeed true. End it all. A life of twenty-one years deserves to end here for all it's worth. But, when all patience was near to paying off...nothing catasrophic happened. Absolutey nothing. So I live another lifetime or another seventy-five years or so, hoping that for once anything considered eventful would be neutral. Nearly everything that I've mentioned so far is probably the very tell-tale reasons why I acted like such a heartless jerk throughout 2012. For that I only ask for all's forgiveness. I'll try my best, as my resolution for this new year, to remain a simple person and attempt to socialize more with the more stronger crowd.

May the lasting memories of the year before now burn forever in the abyssmal fires that deluge from the rings of hell.

January 01, 2013, 05:24:16 AM
Reply #16

Offline Flandre Scarlet

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 12:26:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 05:24:16 AM »
Get motivation to be able to study for over 30 minutes straight. I'm aiming for 3 hours, so I have better chances at the tests required to enter good colleges here.
I'll be doing a lot of special things and slowly ascending to 3 hours. 30 minutes per day, 45, 1 hour, raising in a weekly rate.

January 01, 2013, 05:32:33 AM
Reply #17

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 05:32:33 AM »
Quote from: "DarkAura"
One of the most depressing posts I have ever taken the time to read.
God damn, dude.
Just damn.
Hey, hope you have a good 2013, since you seem like you could use a good year.

January 01, 2013, 05:46:08 AM
Reply #18

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 05:46:08 AM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Get a job... need money baddddddddd
You're still unemployed? It's been so long! Why isn't anyone employing you?

Anyway, my new years resolution is to make more music and put it up on my Soundcloud.

January 01, 2013, 05:58:13 AM
Reply #19

Offline Awbawlisk

• Warrior

• I can now see the rest of my medals again.
  • Date Registered: January 04, 2011, 02:18:59 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »
My Resolution for this New Year will be to get less people to hate me for who I am. Really, this whole year has just been one great mess. I would explain all of it, but my grammar/punctuation skills are just not enough for right now. I also want to do a lot better in World History this year.

January 01, 2013, 05:19:05 PM
Reply #20

Offline Nostalgia

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2011, 12:03:28 AM

• View Profile
oh and maybe go on here more
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »
Well um

I enjoyed 2012 a lot, actually.
It was much better than 2011 because school wasn't awful and I was less of an idiot than in 2011 (you guys over at Skype can confirm this)
I know this sounds stupid but my new year's resolution is to play more video games (I've generally lost interest in them and I want to get it back like really badly)
so um yeah

January 02, 2013, 06:07:31 PM
Reply #21

Offline Jman

• Standard Member

• ( ͡° ͜&#
  • Date Registered: June 28, 2011, 02:09:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
It seems many people have had bad years in 2012... I'm one of them. Probably one of the most unfortunate years ever for me. It's just one thing after another. Friends and family getting injured, people being rude or mean, you name it. Worst of all though, I got stabbed in the back by someone I was just trying to help... it ruined my entire senior year in high school and the way I see my local community. Now I watch as everything I've worked for in my high school band program falls apart, but
I've had to keep a terrible secret about the person that betrayed me since he's holding a dear friend hostage.

I can't get into detail about it, but that's just the way it is.

Positive things that have happened in 2012:
 -Accepted into the University of North Texas
 -Made many new friends
 -Got to try a few new things. I played drumset in my school's talent show for a rock band    performance :D

Negatives:
 -Too much to list

My resolutions:
 -Learn to program (currently learning Javascript)
 -Get a job to save money for college
 -Make that game, "Netplay"

To those of you that have had a disappointing 2012, I wish you the happiest new year possible. There's no telling what could happen, but I certainly hope things turn in favor for everyone. It just seems as though everyone I know has had a very unfortunate year, IRL and OTI alike.

January 03, 2013, 12:10:29 AM
Reply #22

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 12:10:29 AM »
I'll be a bit more detailed, similar to Jmans.

Positives:

-I have barely gotten sick this year, which usually doesn't happen
-I have a better understanding of certain computer programs I've wanted to get good with
-I have an almost set plan as to what I want to do after my senior year next year
-My past Birthday was probably my best one.

Negatives:

-My parents got divorced seemingly all of the sudden out of nowhere, no warning.
-I got informed that I'm being forced to move out of my house because of financial issues
-I got diagnosed with depression and now I have to go to weekly counselling shit
-I lost a good deal of friends, and didn't really make as many to accommodate for it
-I discovered that my mom is greatly disappointed that I didn't become the person she expected me to
-I rarely see either of my parents anymore, and I basically take care of both houses I live at by myself since they're always at work, and my sister lives nowhere near us in college
-My grades are at an all time low and it's hard for me to concentrate on anything

All I can say is that I hope 2013 is better.

January 03, 2013, 12:36:10 AM
Reply #23

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
I... don't really know you guys all that well, so I rather not go into details, but I have to say 2012 was a real mixed bag. A lot of bad, and some good. I suppose I could share some of the good. I managed to graduate despite all odds being against me. I ended an extremely poisonous relationship. I started getting more into my religion, and stopped thinking of it as "just a thing that I sometimes believe in." I've started getting my creativity back. I've made some amazing friendships, and strengthened others.

So, I'm still unemployed. So, several of my problems (which I haven't mentioned) still persist currently. So what? 2013 looks like it might be a pretty good year.

As for resolutions? I don't really make any, but I'm a writer, and I'm going to finally start making strides in my work this year. I'm going to make sure to live life to it's fullest. Hopefully I can actually get more active in this community. I've been a member since V1A of 8BDM, and yet I hardly know any of you. I intend to fix that someday.

January 03, 2013, 05:56:19 AM
Reply #24

Offline VirusNinja

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 20, 2011, 10:47:02 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendoplayer311
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 05:56:19 AM »
Everything went wrong. More than 3 people in my family died last year, lots of bullying in school..it was terrible. I'm glad it's over.

Resolutions? I'm gonna try to learn to code, get some more money, stuff like that. Hey, I'm in middle scool. Anything's possible.

January 04, 2013, 08:27:15 PM
Reply #25

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
Jesus H. Christ, I really feel sorry for those of you who had a rough 2012, and I hope you all have a good 2013 and onward, you seriously deserve it.

If anybody cares, this is how my 2012 went.

Positive:
-Succeeded in freshman year, surprisingly.
-Got (back) into a loving relationship.
-Became a bit more social, something I was capable of but regrettably never pushed myself to doing.
-Got to go to Portcon Maine for 2 days in a row. If anybody from maine is reading this you should seriously consider going.

Negative:
-Dealt with a seriously degrading freshman year filled with mockery and harassment, from one lone class. I CAN explain in detail, but I'd rather not at this current moment.
-My sister almost committed suicide, leading to a bit of a emotional time for me. Thankfully, she is better now.
-Dealt with harassment outside of school, not detailing this but it's all water under the bridge now.
-Probably a few other things I missed.

As you can see, my year had it's fair share of ups and downs.

January 04, 2013, 11:36:04 PM
Reply #26

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:04 PM »
ok now that i think about it my year wasn't that crappy

i'll be more detailed even if nobody gives a fuck

don't read this, you'll waste your time

Positives

-I had good grades in school this year, somehow.
-I got more interested in music
-I learned that even if I'm an annoying dick to everyone, people love the fact that I'm an annoying dick.
-My keyboard skills improved a lot this year

Negatives

-The world didn't end.
-I realized that I really can't speak english
-2 persons of my family almost died because of heart issues
-My drawing skills haven't improved at all and I doubt they will
-I had a bad habit of hurting myself, usually cutting my hands or just biting my nails until they bled
-I felt the same every day: "Too tired to do anything, not tired enough to sleep."
-I lost interest in a lot of things
-I regained interest in Touhou
-I'm underweight, again.

I think that's all

no i don't have any new year resolutions

January 04, 2013, 11:56:12 PM
Reply #27

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »
How my year went well there is the good and the bad...

The Good:
I graduated high school
survived a few near death encounter's
joined this awesome community
My big bro is no longer in jail

The Bad:
A few of my family members died
I still have no job
my grandma is getting very old
My mother has bad health
My father is in jail and most will likely die of a heart attack in jail soon

So yea i need to get my act together and get a job very soon....

January 06, 2013, 04:19:28 AM
Reply #28

Offline Atticus

• Standard Member

• Dank
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2010, 10:23:41 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 04:19:28 AM »
So many horrible 2012s, jeez. My 2012 wasn't so bad.

Pros:
-Loved and lost
-Made lots of new friends
-Played lots of great videogames
-Improved my drumming and music skills
-Went to some good places
-Ate great food
-Honed my skills at MM8BDM

Cons:
-Loved and lost
-Failed at getting women on many occasions
-Fought with my mom quite a bit
-Got lots of painful pimples popped
-Dodgeball mode is still sitting at the bottom of the W.I.P forum (Still hoping to find someone who can help me compile it all into a single pk3)
-Had to sit through Geometry class. God that class was awful.

January 23, 2013, 09:15:35 AM
Reply #29

Offline T's Inventions

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2011, 03:01:18 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »
2012 was actually pretty good for me.

* I got to be a beta tester for the Portal 2 level maker D.L.C.
* I got to go to A-con in may (And while I didn't like it nearly as much as S.G.C. 2009 and S.G.C. 2010 it was still pretty good.)
* I got to have a pretty good 18th birthday (Best birthday I've actually had in years.)
* I got to upgrade my P.C. so I can play Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2
* I got to witness (almost first hand) SlyFox's spike in MM8BDM players
* I got to vote in the/a U.S. election for the first time
* I got to re-visit quite a few memorable places that I haven't seen in a long time

As for my resolutions?

* This year, I'm going to try to post more here on CutStuff and on the BlitzBasic forums
* This year, I'm going to try to contribute a good amount to MM8BDM
* This year, I'm going to try to appreciate the good weather outside more
* This year, I'm going to try to get a lovely girl friend
* This year, I'm going to try to play some games that I've been wanting to play/try for a long time now
* This year, I'm going to try to complete The Maze Guy before this next summer, That's right folks. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. THIS TIME I MEAN IT.