Advanced Search

Author Topic: Camping with ThaMarine (a guide to Ghostbusting)  (Read 19067 times)

October 10, 2009, 03:49:23 PM
Reply #15

Offline lord_of_hell

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 04:54:15 AM

• View Profile
Re: Camping with ThaMarine (a guide to Ghostbusting)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
camper=N00B=Idiot=camper

October 10, 2009, 05:03:17 PM
Reply #16

Offline White

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cybruiserdomain.freeforums.org/index.php
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
Quote from: "lord_of_hell"
camper=N00B=Idiot=camper

Camping, whether or not you like it, is a tactic just like any other form of fighting. You can't stop people from hiding unless your just whiny and try to vote-kick them.

Campers are not noobs, nor' are they idiots. They require certain skills to camp, much less live while doing so. If you canno't camp successfully, then you probably just suck at playing GvH, and in that - LMS itself.

Unless of course you mean the people who say...

"Hai pplz im hear 2 CanP lolz can 1 haf adminz!? <---- :D :D :D"

October 10, 2009, 05:58:59 PM
Reply #17

Offline Wartorn

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 02:32:20 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
camper=N00B=Idiot=camper
You fall in the second and third categories.

October 10, 2009, 06:05:45 PM
Reply #18

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:13:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »
Hey, I can take it if someone dislikes my guide. That's just his opinion (though I would appreciate if there was some constructive criticism).

October 10, 2009, 08:39:58 PM
Reply #19

Knux

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »
This guide is looking good! It's true that knowledge is pwnage!  :D

As for camping, like everything else, it has it's pros and cons. If someone is whining about people camping it's probably because they're either too lazy to develop a strategy to lure them out, are constantly owned by it, or simply don't have the guts to try it themselves or counter-measure it. That's why it's good to have a balanced team. A team full of Creepers can camp in teleporters, but that will just get the humans looking at the floor all the time...

Myself, I camp sometimes, I head in the middle of a fight sometimes, and sometimes I run like hell blasting crap. Whatever suits the situation.  :lol:

October 11, 2009, 01:35:11 AM
Reply #20

Offline White

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:11 AM »
Quote from: "Knux"
Myself, I camp sometimes, I head in the middle of a fight sometimes, and sometimes I run like hell blasting crap. Whatever suits the situation.  :lol:

Cool/Same Story bro.

Camping rox.

October 11, 2009, 03:13:56 PM
Reply #21

Offline lord_of_hell

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »
Quote from: "White"
camper=N00B=Idiot=camper

Camping, whether or not you like it, is a tactic just like any other form of fighting.
yeah, thats true, but some people abuse of it and ruin the games :(

October 11, 2009, 03:54:54 PM
Reply #22

Offline White

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 03:54:54 PM »
Quote from: "White"
camper=N00B=Idiot=camper

Camping, whether or not you like it, is a tactic just like any other form of fighting.
yeah, thats true, but some people abuse of it and ruin the games :(

Camping Vs Camping should be the name of this mod, considering it's either comprised of a quick cluster-fuck of players, a game of hide-n-seek, or camping.

To be honest, I am getting kicked for being the creeper and not getting killed quickly. I find that so much bullshit! Why am I getting kicked for doing what a creeper does? And come to think of it, only two people have done this multiple times. Tai- has been kicking me for virtually no reason, and everybody strangely agrees to it.

:

October 11, 2009, 11:51:24 PM
Reply #23

Offline Grymmoire

• GVH Engineer
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 01:07:07 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »
Then play on a server with less trolls, that is why the 3-Bet server was made I'm sure.  ;)

October 12, 2009, 12:02:27 AM
Reply #24

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 12:02:27 AM »
Hmm... Unfortunately the 3-Bet server LAGGS, what makes it very difficult to play as Jitterskull, even without the nuisances the other server has, if it ruins my gameplay, it just aint worth it. Wish Supergod hosted servers again, great ping.

Hmm... And camping is only a problem if they do it in such manner that victory is GUARANTEED, like, a hunter waiting on a perfect spot holding those overpowered instant kill ice arrows, or a fire arrow in case the last ghoul is a creeper. Camping fine as long as it is not abused, but it nearly always does get abused, thus people generally dont seem to approve of it.

October 12, 2009, 06:06:52 AM
Reply #25

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 06:06:52 AM »
Quote from: "CarThief"
Hmm... Unfortunately the 3-Bet server LAGGS, what makes it very difficult to play as Jitterskull, even without the nuisances the other server has, if it ruins my gameplay, it just aint worth it. Wish Supergod hosted servers again, great ping.

Hmm... And camping is only a problem if they do it in such manner that victory is GUARANTEED, like, a hunter waiting on a perfect spot holding those overpowered instant kill ice arrows, or a fire arrow in case the last ghoul is a creeper. Camping fine as long as it is not abused, but it nearly always does get abused, thus people generally dont seem to approve of it.

Use your wits then, there's always a way.

Thamarine, i don't like the latest camping screens you uploaded though. You go sit in a corner and wait. A choke or a creeper will have no problem forcing you to use the traps. A jitterskull will charge in and kill you and but die afterwards, and even a sjas might pull it off if he's fast enough. The whole point of camping is living to fight another day.
Imo you should set up traps so that it looks like your just "passing trough".

October 12, 2009, 09:16:05 AM
Reply #26

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
Camping is always a big deal in GVH but if it's a Creeper trying to be sneaky I tend to forgive unless he's taking the piss (hiding in a hole in GVH07 waiting for someone to pass by).

I had an idea for a feature but people seemed to frown at it a while ago. Basically the server can set up an optional timelimit. If it's 0 then the whole script is ignored. When the timer gets low a message is printed "3 minutes remain! The Yurei is hungry!". Then when it finally reaches zero, a noclipping Yurei appears and floats around (like in GVHFIN) looking for the nearest player, taking them down one by one switching target at random and getting faster every second. Think of the killer ghost from bubble bobble.

Unfortunately if the epic battle lasted more than the timelimit, it would suck.

October 12, 2009, 03:53:41 PM
Reply #27

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Think of the killer ghost from bubble bobble.

Damn i always hated that ghost :(.

It would be nice to have yurei kill the endless campers, but i've been in games where the creeper takes out the whole human team one by one w/o being a big camper. That would be gone forever with the yurei :(

October 13, 2009, 12:41:09 AM
Reply #28

Offline lord_of_hell

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Camping is always a big deal in GVH but if it's a Creeper trying to be sneaky I tend to forgive unless he's taking the piss (hiding in a hole in GVH07 waiting for someone to pass by).

I had an idea for a feature but people seemed to frown at it a while ago. Basically the server can set up an optional timelimit. If it's 0 then the whole script is ignored. When the timer gets low a message is printed "3 minutes remain! The Yurei is hungry!". Then when it finally reaches zero, a noclipping Yurei appears and floats around (like in GVHFIN) looking for the nearest player, taking them down one by one switching target at random and getting faster every second. Think of the killer ghost from bubble bobble.

Unfortunately if the epic battle lasted more than the timelimit, it would suck.
i like the idea of yurei, you can make it as a patch for the game, so the people can choose of fight her or dont.

October 13, 2009, 08:46:54 AM
Reply #29

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 08:46:54 AM »
I could make it so if they don't specify a timelimit nothing happens (AFAIK timelimit does nothing in lms?)