Advanced Search

Author Topic: Can someone make a fix for Ghoul 3?  (Read 4826 times)

January 07, 2011, 05:24:42 AM
Read 4826 times

Offline bluewiz

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 09:50:01 PM

• View Profile
Can someone make a fix for Ghoul 3?
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:24:42 AM »
At this point ghoul 3 is kind of bugged. The campfire's fire doesn't disappear, instead it magically floats up to the ceiling and stays there causing fps lag. And also the yurei skips heart-beats.

January 07, 2011, 03:03:37 PM
Reply #1

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Can someone make a fix for Ghoul 3?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »
Hmm... Could give it a shot myself at some point. If i do dont think i'll remove the pictures though (though i'll probaly avoid them, in any case, for obvious reasons), considering the whole purpose of this wad is to scare people, after all.
And the handfull of video's about it prove it nicely, heh.

Also, being somewhat off-topic:
Why is there no european GVH server!? Why is there like only ONE v3 server (with that bloody santa...)? Not to mention i havent even SEEN a game of GVH in like a week! I'd say a update would be nice to put it back to life. Heck, some people still like it, i do, in any case.

Hmm... GF3 does have a few patches to think of, hope that wont be problematic if i give it a go anyway, at some point.

January 07, 2011, 08:27:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline bluewiz

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 09:50:01 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »
Hmm yeah, keep the pictures after all, the wad is to scare people.

Obsidian died, because eruanna doesn't manna maintain it anymore. She went into inactive/retired in the forums, so I don't know if she's going to continue working on GvH.

Besides, it got really, really boring. Its lived for 2 years, let it die in peace. Don't drag it on like aeod.

January 08, 2011, 12:24:34 AM
Reply #3

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 12:24:34 AM »
Suppose i'd be less persistant about if it wasnt one of the extremely few interesting ST mods to do multiplayer on. Everything else just has one or another issues, apparently tons of zombie wads, non-competetive stuff i wouldnt care about too soon, or critical flaws, like having to buy godamn guns in AoW.
And no-one ever bothers to play good ol invasion, either! Its alot better then most Coop wads... And slightly competetive if you try to get the most kills/points.

Hmm... I assume you mean inactive on the ST forums or something? I hardly ever go there given the community's... poor status. Sometimes even the admins are part of any problems in there. Not a community worth bothering with. But she was given the right or something to update GVH, hope atleast that will get done. Else Cutman might be better off giving someone else leadership or pick up where it left off himself.

Being on-topic... Uh, havent come to making one yet, suppose i'll do at some point when i feel like it. Though i'd rather not test it on myself, heh.
Meh, maybe i should start hosting occasional GVH games myself...

January 08, 2011, 03:08:41 PM
Reply #4

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »
This is kinda why I wanted to leave GVH alone. It had a very good run, and other than new classes I don't think there's a way to get it back to the way it was.

One other thing I was planning to do was flashy "super attacks". I have no idea how you would have unlocked them, maybe after so many kills, but when you use it you unleash a massive attack. For example the Cyborg would fire a huge beam in the direction he was facing. Jitterskull's body would raise from the ground and he'd pound the floor causing an earthquake. Obviously inspired by brawl. The only one I did was the marine's where he roles forward, scatters grenades everywhere and leaps into the air before firing a bfg that you can aim.

Looks like it's kinda too late

January 09, 2011, 06:13:42 AM
Reply #5

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
Well that would probaly be awesome, but bring some balance issues, and demand for more sprites, probaly, too, but very interesting.

Hmm... Probaly easily revivable with a update that has a fair bit of content, like the special attacks you mentioned, but never as much as the old days. Not that it has to be entirely like those days, i'd just be happy if there's actual (preferabaly non-laggy) games to play!
Meh, couldnt find anything as nice to play as GVH, it had some challenge, its fun once you get good at it, and its actually quite balanced now. Just not the same kind of enjoyment in those other new mods. Wouldnt mind if GVH lived on (even) longer, then.
Hmm... If there's ever people needed again for GVH, i wouldnt mind, though i cant make decent sprites nor sound effects, ah... If it will get a update.

I can imagine the special attacks (perhaps in a TDM enviroment if you get certain archievements or frags), being those moment people keep coming back for. Perhaps worth a try? Cant say for sure its done unless there isnt enough people that have interest in it.

Edit: It seems to go quite off-topic. :P

January 09, 2011, 07:39:04 PM
Reply #6

Offline TheBladeRoden

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 14, 2010, 07:26:58 PM

• View Profile
    • TheBladeRoden's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:39:04 PM »
You should add collectable hats

January 11, 2011, 05:32:38 AM
Reply #7

Offline Eruanna

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 24, 2009, 03:29:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 05:32:38 AM »
I have indeed been taking a break from ST - and as for the duration, it's how ever long I feel like it. I haven't completely given up GvH but I haven't touched it in a couple weeks, either. If someone else wants to pick up where I left off, I'd be quite happy to expand the team a bit. Although, if Cutman wants GvH to just be let be, that's fine too. I've had a few ideas for some new classes, but I've never gotten around to them yet.

And as for the comments that the admins are a part of ST's problem - just remember that nobody's perfect. There is absolutely no reason you should hold ST's admins to such a high standard. Give 'em a fuckin break because they're human too, just like you.

January 11, 2011, 06:42:16 AM
Reply #8

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 06:42:16 AM »
Hmm... Suppose it'll take a long while till anything happens then. Meh, just hope there's some good games of GVH to play while waiting. Wouldnt mind doing any GVH-related requests though if no-one else seems interested.

As for the admin stuff, meh, sometimes they cause probelms or join then. Its just people in power should mostly give good example. Heck, they'll get away with anything these days, what a normal user cannot.
Thank God they dont play alot, so i can play with others in peace (well, sort of, if its a game of GVH, heh).
I suggest against derailing the topic even further about admins though. Could go on forever about that subject.

Hmm... Didnt do much yet on GF3 though. Rather busy lately, you could say.

January 11, 2011, 04:22:33 PM
Reply #9

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »
Quote from: "Eruanna"
Although, if Cutman wants GvH to just be let be, that's fine too.

I'm leaving it be, it doesn't mean you and your team has to  :)

January 13, 2011, 02:08:48 PM
Reply #10

Offline Eruanna

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 24, 2009, 03:29:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »
Good to know. :)