Advanced Search

Author Topic: New Game Plus - the Best Gaming Podcast Ever!  (Read 4350 times)

December 30, 2020, 05:23:00 PM
Read 4350 times

Offline Supergamerguy

• Standard Member

• Mega Man 3 is objectively the best
  • Date Registered: October 24, 2020, 10:07:43 PM

• View Profile
    • My Romhacking Profile
New Game Plus - the Best Gaming Podcast Ever!
« on: December 30, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »
So about a year and a half ago (sometime in the spring of 2019), I was looking for something new gaming-wise to delve into, something that I could listen to and enjoy without having to put my full attention towards if I'm working on another task. After some research, I stumbled upon this podcast called New Game Plus - a Retro Gaming Podcast on Spotify. I listened to one of their then newest episodes: Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and was immediately hooked. I then spent the next year going through their back catalog of always entertaining content and finally finished all 230 episodes by the end of this July. And there is still more content coming!

They have several Mega Man episodes to listen to, including content on Mega Man 2, 3, X, Legends, IV (GB), and Battle Network 2.   :mrgreen:

If that sounds interesting, here's an excerpt from their website:
"We are New Game Plus! We have been making weekly podcasts since September 2015. Every episode is devoted to a different game that is at least fifteen years old. It can be any genre and on any console. It can be a game that is overwhelmingly loved OR a game that is universally hated. Each week’s game is randomly selected from our ever-growing, listener-generated Retro Master List."

In addition to that, they have a wonderful and inviting Discord that you can join (link is in their website: https://ngppodcast.com/) that is most likely my favorite online community of people. Just know that this podcast and it's Discord server come highly recommended, and I hope you give it a try!

PS - you can find this podcast almost anywhere you can listen to podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc.  :)