Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Doom Discord out now!

(1/1)

SMMG44:
I made a Doom Discord chat, link is https://discord.gg/54VYRdq

Chrisatorain:
Discord has advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantages include the fact it is not used by nearly as many people as Skype, and it has an uglier and more confusing layout. It does function, however. A good reason to have a Discord account is as a backup in cases where Skype is going bonkers. I certainly would not be against a Doomworld Discord group.

Rozark:

--- Quote from: Chrisatorain on October 11, 2018, 10:14:31 AM ---Discord has advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantages include the fact it is not used by nearly as many people as Skype, and it has an uglier and more confusing layout. It does function, however. A good reason to have a Discord account is as a backup in cases where Skype is going bonkers. I certainly would not be against a Doomworld Discord group.

--- End quote ---

This statement would make sense back in 2016, when this topic was first made. However, all of this is quite the reverse in 2018. The only thing Skype still beats Discord at is consistent video calling, which has partially currently existed since almost a year ago and is still being fine tuned/worked on. Its userbase has grown substantially since this topic's creation. Even in the business world/gaming aside, people are starting to move away from Skype and on to whatever else they're using. Skype is nowhere near the dominant powerhouse that it once was.

Devivo:

--- Quote from: Rozark on October 11, 2018, 03:45:28 PM ---This statement would make sense back in 2016, when this appetite suppressants topic was first made. However, all of this is quite the reverse in 2018. The only thing Skype still beats Discord at is consistent video calling, which has partially currently existed since almost a year ago and is still being fine tuned/worked on. Its userbase has grown substantially since this topic's creation. Even in the business world/gaming aside, people are starting to move away from Skype and on to whatever else they're using. Skype is nowhere near the dominant powerhouse that it once was.

--- End quote ---

Are people using this Discord channel btw? Is it worthwhile joining?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version