Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Help & Editing

MakoAoyama's Guide for MM8BDM on Mac **UPDATED 10/9/10**

<< < (3/4) > >>

MakoAoyama:

--- Quote from: "RetroX" ---By the way, this would also work for GNU/Linux as well; just download the Linux version and use the IWAD for 8BDM.  Of course, I just run the thing in WINE, which also works (and I believe that WINE has a Mac version as well).
--- End quote ---

Yeah, we have a WINE version for Mac but it's very hit and miss on what actually works on it. It's mostly miss, to be honest.

BEan:

--- Quote from: "RetroX" ---By the way, this would also work for GNU/Linux as well; just download the Linux version and use the IWAD for 8BDM.  Of course, I just run the thing in WINE, which also works (and I believe that WINE has a Mac version as well).
--- End quote ---
If I didn't have my hands ful I would try to do it in ubuntu on my laptop.

CutmanMike:
Tried the Mac again and got as far as setting up Doom Seeker after installing ST. I didn't have a connection at the time so I thought I'd try running a offline server. But then I got an error saying Skulltag couldn't be found. I tried moving Skulltag around, installing into different folders, nothing. Grrr  :evil:

MakoAoyama:

--- Quote from: "CutmanMike" ---Tried the Mac again and got as far as setting up Doom Seeker after installing ST. I didn't have a connection at the time so I thought I'd try running a offline server. But then I got an error saying Skulltag couldn't be found. I tried moving Skulltag around, installing into different folders, nothing. Grrr  :evil:
--- End quote ---

Sounds like you just need to have Doomseeker find Skulltag in the Preferences section.
Click the "Doomseeker" menu at the top and go to "Preferences". When it opens, click the little triangle next to "Engines" for the drop down list, then pick Skulltag.
The "Path to client binary" part tells it where to find the Skullag.app. Honestly, I think you could pretty much put the Skulltag.app anywhere on your computer, you just have to remember where it's at and make Doomseeker find it from here.
Let's say you put it in your Applications folder, which is where most people would put it. Click the "..." box under "Path to client binary", and go to Macintosh HD/Applications/Skulltag.app and then hit ok.

It should work now, assuming you also told Doomseeker how to find your wads under the "File Paths" preferences section.

CutmanMike:
Thanks for updating, I'll try this again once I get on a mac.

Ugh, who the hell is hosting this with Doom2? I need to somehow make it so that can't be done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version