Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Help & Editing

Single Player/Coop mode maps?

<< < (2/9) > >>

DragoonEnRegalia:
How exactly the maps should be built is another issue to attend to. The logical choice for those who wish to recreate MM 1-6 in game is to map the levels in a progressing fashion that completely replicates the levels featured in each game, but there would have to be some interpretation of the levels when making walls to prevent the player from falling off the sides of the map, as opposed to just falling into the pits.

So yeah. The maps would need walls/railing to prevent that potential nuisance.

CopShowGuy:
Invisible boundaries?

Shinoda:
What I was thinking for my map is something along the lines of the ending of megaman games where you go through teleporters and fight each robot masters one after the other but you would have a mini level before each of the robot masters you picked. The robot master itself should only use his own weapon and you should gain his weapon after defeating him (not sure how i'd make that work). I have 0 experience in monster design in doom/skulltag but I'd look that up. I'd also want the robot master to be more than just bots with equal health and stuff.. they should be boss fights... long and difficult.

Namo:
We're brainstorming ideas.  I sort of already can piece together a first person cutman stage.  Something among the lines of invisible railing, or maybe I could base some ideas off of the Wily Wars Cutman stage (That was inside a building, if I recall), but that might be too drastic a change.

brotoad:
I don't know if any of you ever played sonic adventure 2, but there was a secret level in that, which was a 3D remake of green hill zone.
make there some bits where you have to turn left or right or whatever, but still have it copy the overall layout of the stage.

only problem with making a megaman game in doom is that it can't support moving platforms yet, so i don't know what you will do for those shooting platform guys in icemans level

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version