Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mission Mode Returns! - Basic Edition  (Read 12686 times)

September 29, 2017, 03:38:26 PM
Read 12686 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Mission Mode Returns! - Basic Edition
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:38:26 PM »

For those who missed out the first time, Mission Mode is a 4 level singleplayer/co-op Mega Man experience. Play through 4 different maps with enemies, bosses and weapons from the Mega Man universe!

(old) VIDEO

(click to show/hide)

This is a build of Mission Mode that is compatible with V5B, and hopefully all future versions of MM8BDM. I get asked to be able to play this a lot and updating it for every new version of MM8BDM is a pain, so this version does not include any of the new player classes or unique weapons. You can play as the base class only. However, this means that other class/weapon addons should be compatible with this for people who want to experiment. Other than that, the mod is mostly unchanged.

For single player:
Download the file below and add it to the MM8BDM launcher using the "add file" button. Launch the game and away you go!

For server hosts:
The starting hub map name is MMSPHUB. I also recommend the game mode to be survival to add some challenge and a reason to not die, but cooperative is supported to. If you do not specify, the hub map will force the game to cooperative.

Download:
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=mmsp-basic-1.pk3

Let me know if there are any issues. It's been a long time since this has properly been tested with lots of players so there may be a couple of things I missed.

October 03, 2017, 03:30:15 PM
Reply #1

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• *sregnif sevaelretni* stenet wef a evah I
  • Date Registered: September 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

• View Profile
Re: Mission Mode Returns! - Basic Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »
AWWW YEAH THIS WAS MY JAM

My only issues with the mod is that when you revive you don't get healed, and that it's always been rather hard. Normal mode is too hard, and Easy mode is a little bit too easy. I think it might be because enemies take too many shots to kill.

October 03, 2017, 10:13:17 PM
Reply #2

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:13:17 PM »
I'm kind of saddened that few (or perhaps nobody) ever expanded on this project, I would've liked to have seen a BrightMan stage in this style.

October 04, 2017, 03:34:41 AM
Reply #3

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:34:41 AM »
It has been expanded upon. Strength in Numbers added in four new classes for a total of eight, and Mega Man X SP added a handful of new stages, to say nothing of its class and hub overhaul.

Granted, those are now incompatible with v5b, but the point is folks have certainly expanded on this before. There's no reason it can't still happen, either.

October 04, 2017, 03:45:51 AM
Reply #4

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
It has been expanded upon. Strength in Numbers added in four new classes for a total of eight, and Mega Man X SP added a handful of new stages, to say nothing of its class and hub overhaul.

Granted, those are now incompatible with v5b, but the point is folks have certainly expanded on this before. There's no reason it can't still happen, either.

It has? I haven't seen any threads for these expansions though. If I can be linked to them, I'd certainly add them to my archives and such.

May 01, 2021, 12:35:09 AM
Reply #5

Offline ldel2341

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 18, 2020, 11:46:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 12:35:09 AM »
will you ever work on this again? like add more bosses?