Advanced Search

Author Topic: DRSG Rebirth vB.1 - v6 Patch 07/26/2022  (Read 51356 times)

November 04, 2012, 03:00:44 PM
Reply #30

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
Re: DRSG Master Pack Beta 2 (More maps and compatibility)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 03:00:44 PM »
Duora's at it again?  Well, let's see what we've got here...
DISCLAIMER:  If I didn't comment on a map, it means I liked it and it was good, but I couldn't think of anything notable to say about it.

(click to show/hide)

December 07, 2012, 01:32:06 AM
Reply #31

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• A Nightmare before Christmas

• The neighborhood instant moe otaku.
  • Date Registered: January 19, 2011, 06:55:02 PM

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: DRSG Master Pack Beta 2 (More maps and compatibility)
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »
So the next update will be after MM8BDM V3 is released. Its going to have some new music, New Maps, and fixes to old maps.
The only big thing is music, im redoing the music to shorten the size on the map pack and trying to get some new ones as well. Only thing is I want to keep some of the old music but cant find it due to some problems I had with my computer. Right now im trying to find the music from Astroid Assault, Nature's Best, and Generator Room. If you guys know the actual name of the video on youtube and arthur and stuff, Please PM the info. I have a list of some of the music on the main post on page 1 that I already have but I need a little more help.

March 31, 2013, 11:56:16 AM
Reply #32

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: DRSG Master Pack Beta 2 (CTF Maps sold seperatly) March
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Bump and double post because i released a capture the flag pack. check the first page

March 31, 2013, 12:03:27 PM
Reply #33

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »
I wonder a thing about the map pack i mean not the CTF one wheres uki's weapon is saying ther is uki's weapons in the map pack but is not.

March 31, 2013, 05:46:03 PM
Reply #34

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
now that i think about it, i dont think iv updated that in a long time...

April 01, 2013, 10:09:34 PM
Reply #35

Offline -Daiki-TheOni

• Standard Member

• Honor, love and justice... thats what i need.
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
Duora, the bridge map has 2 bugs

-1- the castle of the skybox is.....¿?
-2- in the cave, a "invisible" section

also, cool maps! keep up the good work!

April 09, 2013, 01:47:40 AM
Reply #36

Knux

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »
Okay, blunt stuff ahead. I might sound like an asshole, but PLEASE bear with me.

Duora, your maps have pretty awesome themes. They look pretty, and seem creative. However, with this update, they don't play better. In fact, they're worse now. You have these maps with mazes, huge distances to cover and hundreds of 3d floors that create lag, dining tables, tall ass stairs to scale, and OIL SLIDER. I'll divide this into parts for ease of reading:

When making CTF maps, you have to take into account players as obstacles. You don't need to kill yourself over detailing things like the chairs in Silent Library (3d floor lag). I'll admit they look pretty damn awesome, but instead of focusing on detail first, LOOK AT THE LAYOUTS!

The bridge map reminded me of Shrine to Saku without the obstacles. You have this football stadium of a bridge to cover, with towers of babel that lead to... Thunder Bolt?

On the water map, you have a full scale armory in each base (which, by the way, are too plain), with a bunch of jump stairs to the flag, and the rest of the map is scarce on stuff. Uh oh.

The sewer map felt like a maze, and you have swimming (!) water on it. The main problem though, is how easy you have buster upgrades and other hard hitting weapons like Napalm Bomb easy to get.

Sky fortress map. "It looks so great." Then I realized I was falling into a pit I couldn't see on time because the 3d floor I was walking on covered it.

Race map. Oil Slider. Dining tables. How about no?

See, if someone gets Oil Slider (read: VERY likely), they pretty much win the game. All they need to do is get the flag, sip dining tables, and return to base. There's a reason one does not place taboo weapons (see the CTF Compo topic's first post) in CTF, or mass amounts of health/ammo together in ANY mode. One player goes by and gets everything.

I know I forgot one map, but listen. CTF maps like to be a LOT smaller than this. Players getting in the way already makes for obstacles. You can imagine how frustrating it would be to die right after crossing all of the bridge and getting the enemy flag.

I suggest you go see other packs, compare, and try again. Don't fear deleting maps entirely, either. I've had to do that a couple of times before I started to get the gist of what's a good size for a CTF map. I say you have some real potential. You just need to tone down the size of everything and distribute things nicely and in a balanced manner.

Good luck, pal. CTF can always have more love.

April 09, 2013, 04:38:12 PM
Reply #37

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
Quote from: "Knux"
Okay, blunt stuff ahead. I might sound like an asshole, but PLEASE bear with me.

Duora, your maps have pretty awesome themes. They look pretty, and seem creative. However, with this update, they don't play better. In fact, they're worse now. You have these maps with mazes, huge distances to cover and hundreds of 3d floors that create lag, dining tables, tall ass stairs to scale, and OIL SLIDER. I'll divide this into parts for ease of reading:

When making CTF maps, you have to take into account players as obstacles. You don't need to kill yourself over detailing things like the chairs in Silent Library (3d floor lag). I'll admit they look pretty damn awesome, but instead of focusing on detail first, LOOK AT THE LAYOUTS!

The bridge map reminded me of Shrine to Saku without the obstacles. You have this football stadium of a bridge to cover, with towers of babel that lead to... Thunder Bolt?
hmm...thunder bolt...that needs to be changed. As for the distance, guess i could shorten that some more.

On the water map, you have a full scale armory in each base (which, by the way, are too plain), with a bunch of jump stairs to the flag, and the rest of the map is scarce on stuff. Uh oh.
I could probably make ramps to the flag and move some of the weapons outside.

The sewer map felt like a maze, and you have swimming (!) water on it. The main problem though, is how easy you have buster upgrades and other hard hitting weapons like Napalm Bomb easy to get.
Yeah, i dont know how to do megaman styled water, iv tried alot but it just never seems to work. I could probably just make it a floor or somthing.

Sky fortress map. "It looks so great." Then I realized I was falling into a pit I couldn't see on time because the 3d floor I was walking on covered it.
...you mean the big square pit in the inside part of the bases? if so, i might be able to change it and add a fence or somthing.

Race map. Oil Slider. Dining tables. How about no?
dining tables?...?

See, if someone gets Oil Slider (read: VERY likely), they pretty much win the game. All they need to do is get the flag, sip dining tables, and return to base. There's a reason one does not place taboo weapons (see the CTF Compo topic's first post) in CTF, or mass amounts of health/ammo together in ANY mode. One player goes by and gets everything.
sip dining tables? what? anyway, less health and ammo and remove all oil slider, okay.

I know I forgot one map, but listen. CTF maps like to be a LOT smaller than this. Players getting in the way already makes for obstacles. You can imagine how frustrating it would be to die right after crossing all of the bridge and getting the enemy flag.
I might have to delete that map...

I suggest you go see other packs, compare, and try again. Don't fear deleting maps entirely, either. I've had to do that a couple of times before I started to get the gist of what's a good size for a CTF map. I say you have some real potential. You just need to tone down the size of everything and distribute things nicely and in a balanced manner.
im good at designing maps but when it comes to balance, thats where i need more practice at... but, il see what i can do. but it would be later in time because of other stuff.

Good luck, pal. CTF can always have more love.

anyway, thanks for the info Knux

April 09, 2013, 07:37:41 PM
Reply #38

Knux

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
A dining table is just what I said earlier. A bunch of health and ammo lumped together in one place (don't do it!).

April 28, 2013, 12:11:06 AM
Reply #39

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »
alright, the DRSG Pack will be released soon, im working on weapon placement and health (Removing dining tables) and items right now and just overall testing now. All the maps are done as far as texture fixes, scripts and stuff so, yeah. One thing i need you guys to do when I release it, I want you guys to be brutally honest about the maps. Afterwards, Im gonna work more on expansions and just fixing up the maps I already have.

April 28, 2013, 12:43:42 AM
Reply #40

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2013, 12:43:42 AM »
Quote from: "Duora Super Gyro"
brutally honest

I can't, it wouldn't be appropriate for the forums.
However, I certainly won't hold back besides that.

May 04, 2013, 11:32:24 AM
Reply #41

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: DRSG Master Pack v1.1 (Official Release) May 04
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »
Alright, finally released the next version. Im making it an official release now, no more beta.

May 04, 2013, 11:53:02 AM
Reply #42

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »
The new maps looks awesome! i hope someone will host a server with this. Nevermind i saw a server with this.

May 04, 2013, 02:44:24 PM
Reply #43

Offline -Daiki-TheOni

• Standard Member

• Honor, love and justice... thats what i need.
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »
Long ago I played this mappack and it was like " whoa this is pretty cool, this guy has potential" now, I downloaded your mappack ¿and you know what? THIS is art man, you have super improved your cool maps like no one, the variety of maps, the structures, all of the new 4 maps are incredible, in music and concept terms: harder better strenger, love you love, the custom textures.

I dont know what to say, but, Duora Super Gyro, I,m proud to play this mappack, my eyes are full of magic things now.

IMPORTANT: Only one thing, there are mising textures in "termination" map, no bookshelf....

May 04, 2013, 02:53:57 PM
Reply #44

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »

There is a small crack right there that kinda sticks out with no gutsman mountain. Otherwise the new maps seem pretty nice. The star hill's trees look nice but they seem to like eating my frames when I get most of them on the screen. The layouts of the maps are simple to navigate. Doom Water is so much what though :I And the breakable boxes in Neo City trap you inside them, as well they should have some sort of indication of being destroyed.