Advanced Search

Author Topic: Stardust's Workshop  (Read 186179 times)

November 11, 2013, 05:57:59 PM
Read 186179 times

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
Stardust's Workshop
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »
me makes way to much megamans 8 fightings games stuff since 201x

Mod-based modification (2023)
(click to show/hide)

P?rt S??t?? (202?)
(click to show/hide)

XOVER Weapons (2022)
(click to show/hide)

Teamwork Classes (2016)
(click to show/hide)

Speed Course (2015)
(click to show/hide)

Classes' stage taunt pack (2014)
(click to show/hide)

Saxton Hale Rebirth ++ (2014)
(click to show/hide)

November 16, 2013, 11:42:05 PM
Reply #1

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:42:05 PM »
<<This post is reserved in case I need more space to write stuff>>

November 17, 2013, 12:30:30 AM
Reply #2

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »
Well, while this sounds interesting...

...I'm not too keen on there being another version of Saxton Hale.

It's not that I don't want there to be Saxton Hale, but it feels like there are too many variants. Have you considered pitching your ++ Hales to another version and merging the two versions? I like your idea of making new Hales, but having three versions of Saxton that are the same except for differences in Hale choices doesn't seem very efficient and makes the Hale mode weaker as a whole, while putting all the new Hales in with the old Hales in a single game mode would work better, so long as they were balanced so one Hale by one person isn't OP compared to another person's Hale. Maybe Hale ++ and Hyper Saxton could merge forces, or both of those merge with Rebirth or Rebalanced when Tails returns to working on that.

You should definitely keep working on this, but I'd recommend looking to see if you can join together with another Hale mode so that you get one stronger mode rather than two weaker modes.

November 17, 2013, 09:27:49 AM
Reply #3

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
Now that you mention it, the existing versions of SH are uh...
Normal SH, Unholy, Rebalanced, Hyper SH, Rebirth, MMUnlimited SH if we can count it xD...
well either way that's a lot of versions, I agree. Right now the closest relationship my mod has with other's is with Hyper Saxton, as Otaku and me are making hales together, but not in the same mod :I we'll probably mix or something. A little later, if us modders could come up with a set of different works, and that they're REALLY interesting, THEN maybe we could contact SilverSin (or Balrog) about including them into the official one. Because you know it's been years there's no update on this Balrog's SH.

So yeah I'll try doing this, because also I can't handle to see that much server with barely different names dedicated to SH. Althrough, Unholy seems to use brand new mechanics (health scaling, speed and power) so I don't think it'll ever be mixed with the normal Saxton Hale.

Thanks for the advise :D

November 17, 2013, 06:36:12 PM
Reply #4

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »
Well, Balrog has rather turned against Hale altogether, and I don't think I've ever met Silversin, so right now there isn't really a current "normal" Hale. Someone once theorized that the lack of a "main" Hale is the reason for so many offshoots.

But yeah, glad to see you'd be willing to work with Otaku. I think it would be fine if you worked on your Hales and when you got your five, then go to Otaku to negotiate the merge. You could call it Hyper++ Saxton Hale or some such.

November 19, 2013, 06:50:10 PM
Reply #5

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »
I for one am in full support of this. Hale is dying and needs a fresh new coat of paint. A few things I need to bring up:

*Remila's arm looks a little wonky, mainly the angle in which her arm is drawn in. Her fingernails don't seen necessary IMO.
*Will Slenderman's kill quotes be changed to "*player* was viscously slaughtered by Slenderman (*haleplayer*)!"? The stupid kill quotes i.e. "All is Lost" is the main reason why I disliked Slenderman aside from having to wait minutes just to end a round with him as Hale.
*Slender's "tentacles" need to be redrawn so they appear less like… a dong, and more like a tentacle. Or just give him a swat attack like Starman as his skin doesn't show him attacking with tentacles.
*Could Slender he have a proper health bar that serves as an alternative method to killing him aside from just waiting out the timer?
*I think you may have animated Cave's lemons incorrectly, swapping the NE and SE directions so it goes N>SE>E>NE>S instead of N>NE>E>SE>E. Speaking of, I think they could be recolored to look a little less green.

November 19, 2013, 07:10:21 PM
Reply #6

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
Oh yay, thanks for listing all of 'em suggestions Justin.

Remilia's arm indeed is misplaced, I'll add some offset to that. I'll keep the fingernails through, because if you remove them the hand is pretty much... simple D: also that's a way to show she's a vampire.

I'm going to change the obituaries for sure, but this one you proposed seem a bit noisy though. I thought it could be cooler if there's just no obituary at all, so you know, players die silently. =w=

Actually I always wondered why did the original makers gave him these tentacles things. I mean, he's got 2 hands with white gloves ŕ la Mickey Mouse, he's not an octopus or a blood sucker, isn't he ? :I
I'll check for some better HUD.

Yeah, the killable Slender Man was planned in my mind sine the beginning, he'll even gets his own rage (not really an offensive rage through). Through, his health may seem quite large, so some people would still prefer to survive.

I'll re import the lemons in the correct order. Their outline is green, somehow. Meeh, I'll fix this too.

November 19, 2013, 10:01:18 PM
Reply #7

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
I'm going to change the obituaries for sure, but this one you proposed seem a bit noisy though. I thought it could be cooler if there's just no obituary at all, so you know, players die silently. =w=

I'll happily go with anything other than seeing all those stupid quotes that easily downplay Slenderman's character and how scary he's supposed to be.

In terms of the music,  try hosting a server with the Bio Miracle Bokkute Upa Final Boss theme I sent you  replacing the default "One Person Remains" theme and see how everyone likes it, with the "Lol U Died" song playing if the Hale wins, said theme having a %15 chance of playing.

November 19, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
Reply #8

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »
Speaking of the Slenderman..

.. if all of the characters were primarily relevant to classic gaming as MM8BDM is, (Scrooge, Ghost of Starman Gilgamesh, Captain Falcon and an exception of Quote and Curly) a Wallmaster / Floormaster (or even two to make having a timer fair) would make a great replacement for the Slenderman if that was the goal.

November 20, 2013, 12:50:00 AM
Reply #9

Offline Goomba98

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 20, 2013, 01:26:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
Why did you choose Remilia Scarlet? I know you said she's overshadowed, but Flandre makes more sense as a Hale sice she can pretty much destroy anything. And before you argue about Yuyuko, her power is killing people, and robots are not living organisms. Utsuho might work if you don't want Flandre, though.

Also, it'd be really neat if you could bring back the Hales that were removed from Balrog's version (like PO Roll) somehow.

November 20, 2013, 02:15:10 AM
Reply #10

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 02:15:10 AM »
I forgot to mention restoring Saxton's original Rage where he no longer gets knocked back by weapons and has increased defenses rather than full 100% immunity. If you could also prevent the entire screen from going inverse greyscale (to allow better viewing) I'd appreciate it.
Quote from: "Goomba98"
Also, it'd be really neat if you could bring back the Hales that were removed from Balrog's version (like PO Roll) somehow.
If PO Roll does make it back, I'd prefer her Famitracker'd theme over the original. The original is just ear-burstingly painful IMO.

November 20, 2013, 02:26:05 AM
Reply #11

Offline Balrog

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »
Quote from: "Linnie"
Well, Balrog has rather turned against Hale altogether, and I don't think I've ever met Silversin, so right now there isn't really a current "normal" Hale. Someone once theorized that the lack of a "main" Hale is the reason for so many offshoots.

But yeah, glad to see you'd be willing to work with Otaku. I think it would be fine if you worked on your Hales and when you got your five, then go to Otaku to negotiate the merge. You could call it Hyper++ Saxton Hale or some such.
I turned against Hale because it's the cancer that is killing MM8BDM. The reason for so many offshoots is because of copycats looking for attention as much as actual attempts at improvement.

Bad show, Stardust.

Quote from: "Superjustinbros"
Hale is dying
>implying this is a bad thing

November 20, 2013, 04:04:10 AM
Reply #12

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 04:04:10 AM »
I even heard negative statements from some people about "Saxton Hale" mode, when playing GVH:LOD.

November 20, 2013, 01:40:37 PM
Reply #13

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »
Quote from: "Superjustinbros"
In terms of the music,  try hosting a server with the Bio Miracle Bokkute Upa Final Boss theme I sent you  replacing the default "One Person Remains" theme and see how everyone likes it, with the "Lol U Died" song playing if the Hale wins, said theme having a %15 chance of playing.
Just notice that I'm not going to accept every single ones of your suggestions. I may decline some. I already wrote somewhere all of 'em and I do treat them. And I said 10%, not 15% :I
My main aim is to simply give 5 new hales.
I'm not going to touch with the finger hundreds of things from the official version, my mod isn't Saxton Hale Remastered. I want the players to just feel they play Saxton Hale, with the difference there will be 17 hales now. The less things from the past are changed, the more they'll still feel they're playing the original game. I don't want my Saxton Hale to turn into Unholy, with these holy-scaled player properties ._.
Quote from: "Goomba98"
Why did you choose Remilia Scarlet? I know you said she's overshadowed, but Flandre makes more sense as a Hale sice she can pretty much destroy anything. And before you argue about Yuyuko, her power is killing people, and robots are not living organisms. Utsuho might work if you don't want Flandre, though.

Something's bittin' my ear, maybe will Flan-chan make an appearance somewhere.. =w=
The only removed hale was PO Roll, right ? That's the only one I can remember. I wasn't existing around if they made up even older hales.
Quote from: "Balrog"
I turned against Hale because it's the cancer that is killing MM8BDM. The reason for so many offshoots is because of copycats looking for attention as much as actual attempts at improvement.
Uguu I feel so sad
I didn't started with this to become famous, but,
Take a childhood game you enjoyed a lot, but was very silent and nobody heard of it.
It'd bring you some nostalgia if there was a level editor for it, so you'd be free to customize, and you'd play it again, right ? Same for me and SH. I really wanted to create my own hales. I DO enjoy playing Saxton Hale. I have fun with it.
Through, I dislike the fact it became that popular, and the players' obsession about it, which make them refuse playing anything else than Saxton Hale. That, I'm not okay with.
I actually prefer playing Vanilla, especially CTF, but it's not easy because many users around like and ONLY like Saxton Hale. That's irritating for the other game modes, but this doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing it. If every one of these players would continue playing it, but at the same time they would play some other things, it could be solved, right ? Either way, the server player distribution lately is getting better than months ago, where SH was the ONLY and ONLY server with players. Now, you have Hotel, TLMS Classes, Vanilla on occasion, some kind of "Megaman Invasion" that eventually gets players, also a Mission Mode one... we're getting more diversification.
Quote from: "Balrog"
Bad show, Stardust.
That's what we'll see, Balrog :I

Since you're not developping SH anymore, I have a question through. Me, Otaku, and all a team of betatesters are working on the sequel of the mod you left to the community with 12 hales.
Could we take the leadership of this mod?

November 20, 2013, 01:53:26 PM
Reply #14

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »
PO'd Roll and Neo DS were the two removed Hales.

Some people would like PO'd Roll to make a return.

Nobody wants Neo DS back.

The problem with PO'd Roll is just that she could stack rages. Her rage was that her health bar would slowly rise for a short while, but if you got attacked a lot in a short time and could build up a second, you doubled that. Once in a game I was playing as PO'd Roll, two Burstmen trapped me and the entire game just attacked me while I was immobilized. My health plummetted, but I kept hitting rage to try to offset the damage, and the net damage inflicted on me slowed and slowed until I was healing more than the entire game could damage me, locking the game into a loop until someone called for a mapvote. It was spectacular, but at the same time it made it clear that PO'd Roll had a major issue. If you can fix her rage so that she can't shoot off another one until her first one ends, it would fix the issue with her.

If you're wondering Neo DS's problem, he was incredibly overpowered AND he was an OC like most of Unholy's Hales.

Also, yes, use her Famitracker music, it's catchy as hell. If it was possible to get the Gentlespy back too (he wasn't so much removed as replaced by the Ninja Spy, he functions exactly the same but has a different sprite and different music (read:his music was awesome which is why people miss him)) that would be cool too, but I don't think that's a possibility since you don't want clone Hales and having both him and Ninja Spy would be redundant.