Advanced Search

Author Topic: -=Super Contra mod (Version 1.2)=-  (Read 16061 times)

April 26, 2013, 09:32:38 PM
Read 16061 times

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
-=Super Contra mod (Version 1.2)=-
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »

(click to show/hide)

The mod I have cancelled long now is finally back! Unlike the previous version, this one will work with every game mode (LMS, DM, CTF and so on) and will also feature weapon/item placement as well as a permanent Item Capsule portal if the map features a Party Ball spawn point.

What you see in the screenshot above is a rare find: Super Items and Max Rapid. The super items are enhanced versions of the main weapons and the Super Barrier gives you invulnerability for a much longer time.

Also, not shown there, the smart bombs will be added to the game, which will have same rarity as Barrier and I'm still deciding whether or not it should have an absurd range and ignore walls or just have an absurd range and use standard explosion functions. As you can see, the Assault Rifle has been changed to not look like a robot penis (A gag that I have heard so many times before) and not be centered anymore.

The weapons behavior remains the same for most cases, except damage has been reduced, some weapons have an interval between shots, Flame Shot actually lights up oil and Laser Gun no longer chainsaws.

The items now are animated (like in Super C), which will make them easier to spot from across the map and capsules can now crash on walls and drop the item. The items dropped from players and capsules will also disappear over time (To prevent them from filling the map), which means you must be hasty if you see it blinking.

Smart Bombs are now a rare item on the same tier as Barrier, and they have the power to cause great damage to however many are in its huge range (yes, ignores walls too).

Amazingly enough, this seems to work fine with Saxton Hale. Should any problem arise (non-saxton related, I mean), let me know.

DOWNLOADS
WadSeeker-ready

Version 1.2
Best.Ever. Servers
Mediafire

Version 1.2 alt
Best.Ever. Servers
Mediafire

Version 1.2 Triggerless
Best.Ever. Servers
Mediafire

Version 1.2 alt Triggerless
Best.Ever. Servers
Mediafire

The alt version uses default Projectile offset, which might confuse players seeing the projectile "sink" a bit in the ground with OpenGL, while the main has a manual correction of this "flaw" which may or may not please users.

Code: [Select]
Changelog
--Version 1.1 -> 1.2--
* Fixed some missing replacers
* Triggerless Flame Shot is a bit less spammy now.
* Fixed line 59 in Alt-Triggerless.

--Version 1.0 -> 1.1--
* Fixed random Smart Bomb failure (DAMN YOU BARRELS!)
* Smart Bomb now uses A_Explode, which means that walls and some objects will protect you
* Barrier now makes you "blink"
* Super Items now stays on the map for considerably longer
* Barriers, Smart Bombs and Super Items had their rarity level halved (will now drop more often)
* Weapons now have a "trigger" system. Start learning how to mash that button like a mad man
** Exceptions being Super Weapons and Machine Gun
* Flame Shot will burst into a 14 directions if you hold that fire button until the projectile impacts
* Laser isn't a ripper anymore, can one-shoot and the previous beam will disappear if you try to fire another one.
* The Item Capsule Spawner that replaces Eddie Summon won't let the capsules instantly hit the floor anymore

April 27, 2013, 01:37:09 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
Re: Super Contra mod is back on the road!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »
yus

Yeah, that's all I have to say.

April 27, 2013, 03:27:56 AM
Reply #2

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Super Contra mod is back on the road!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:27:56 AM »
And now, the good news! A release!

April 27, 2013, 04:36:52 AM
Reply #3

Knux

Re: Super Contra mod 1.0
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:36:52 AM »
Reidakk really likes Contra, so he might giggle like a schoolgirl lolno when he sees this. I'll sure as hell give it a try!

April 27, 2013, 08:11:34 AM
Reply #4

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
So my thoughts:

1.- Assault Rifle should not be a dumbed down Machine Gun. It should fire on individual clicks, not automatic fire on button hold.

2.- Machine Gun seems kinda weak or redundant. Maybe its bullets could go a bit faster? Maybe it should have a little random spread ala Bass Buster to differentiate it from Assault Rifle further?

3.- Flame Shot was a chargable weapon in Super C. Holding B for a little while made both the main shot and the explosion range bigger. How about adding that to this Flame Shot?

4.- Spread Gun seems pretty good, really. A good crowd control weapon in function...maybe buff the damage a little more?

5.- Laser Gun is OP, although I don't know if it's intended...seems like it. Super Laser is OP no matter how you put it.

6.-  Are Rapid fire and smart Bomb supposed to do ANYTHING?

7.- Regular Barrier should give you a literal barrier ala Contra 3. Takes 150 damage until it wears off. Super Barrier should just make you invulnerable.

8.- Super tokens should be much more noticeable. Yellow tokens blend in with some tiles, so they're harder to spot. They should also last a bit longer than normal tokens. It seems Super Machine Gun token lasts longer than any other tokens.

9.- Do you plan on adding more weapons from other Contra games?

April 27, 2013, 12:06:49 PM
Reply #5

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 12:06:49 PM »
This is pretty sweet. At least I have something new to play around now! :D

April 27, 2013, 04:17:48 PM
Reply #6

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
Quote from: "MusashiAA"
So my thoughts:

1.- Assault Rifle should not be a dumbed down Machine Gun. It should fire on individual clicks, not automatic fire on button hold.

2.- Machine Gun seems kinda weak or redundant. Maybe its bullets could go a bit faster? Maybe it should have a little random spread ala Bass Buster to differentiate it from Assault Rifle further?

3.- Flame Shot was a chargable weapon in Super C. Holding B for a little while made both the main shot and the explosion range bigger. How about adding that to this Flame Shot?

4.- Spread Gun seems pretty good, really. A good crowd control weapon in function...maybe buff the damage a little more?

5.- Laser Gun is OP, although I don't know if it's intended...seems like it. Super Laser is OP no matter how you put it.

6.-  Are Rapid fire and smart Bomb supposed to do ANYTHING?

7.- Regular Barrier should give you a literal barrier ala Contra 3. Takes 150 damage until it wears off. Super Barrier should just make you invulnerable.

8.- Super tokens should be much more noticeable. Yellow tokens blend in with some tiles, so they're harder to spot. They should also last a bit longer than normal tokens. It seems Super Machine Gun token lasts longer than any other tokens.

9.- Do you plan on adding more weapons from other Contra games?
1.- Well, originally Assault Rifle caused 2 points per shot. But imagine confroting someone using that pea shooter. Also, the "Per click" thing isn't used for things such as Mega Buster, so... Another thing to note is that there's a slightly longer interval between one shot and another in Assault Rifle.

2.- Machine Gun was never something much different from Assault Rifle in Contra and Super C, unless you had no turbo controller. Then Machine Gun was pretty much a turbo controller.

3.- Never noticed it can also spread in 8 directions if held for a short while, always thought it was a random extra projectile I fired while rapidfiring or mashing the button.

4.- Funny enough, Spread Gun used to be OP. I'll see what I can do about it.

5.- Consequence of removing "Chainsaw beam". Guess I should just add "Chainsaw Beam" back. (play the old Contra Mode, use Laser Gun, there will be lots of laugh.

6.- A common question Contra players asks is that about Rapid Fire. Yes, it does: Increases the projectile speed a bit. But, if I recall correctly, there's a cap to its effect and it was hard to notice unless you had a high Rapid Fire or a slow projectile (Like Flame or Laser). The Smart Bomb causes 50 damage to anyone within 9999x9999 units in the map. Just to give you an idea of how big it is, one of those "Guts block" at Wily Stage is 32x32 units big.

7.- Originally, Barrier was always an invulnerability that caused you to constantly "blink", like the invulnerability frames. As for the Contra 3 Barrier, it will be done in the Contra 3 Mod whenever I get to it.

8.- They last all the same, but perhaps... Perhaps I should make them stay considerably longer and have something to make them more visible.

9.- Nah, I'll make it in Contra 3 Mod. But perhaps I'll also do Contra Revolution.

April 27, 2013, 04:51:05 PM
Reply #7

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
First things first, LASER IS OVERPOWERED. It goes through units and it does alot of damage.

The R powerup does nothing, and I've never seen B appear at all.

April 27, 2013, 04:55:18 PM
Reply #8

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
Quote from: "Zerokk"
and I've never seen B appear at all.
The B powerup is a rare drop from the capsule spawner portal things that replaces the Party Ball.

April 27, 2013, 10:32:07 PM
Reply #9

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »
Quote from: "Zerokk"
LASER IS OVERPOWERED.

I second this. Hell, I fifth this. I killed a bot with ONE SHOT of this. Imagine how OP Super Laser is. It's like a hacked weapon.

Also, I know that the super weapons are supposed to be rare, but they're a little too rare. Seriously, I haven't gotten one from the capsule spawner yet. ever. I had to summon them via console to even try them out.

Sorry for being Mr. Critic. This looks like a really fun mod besides the small kinks and the laser gun in general.

April 29, 2013, 05:12:06 PM
Reply #10

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »
The laser seriously needs a nerf. How about making it so that when you shoot again, the previous laser shot out would disappear, just like in the original game?

April 29, 2013, 05:40:55 PM
Reply #11

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
The laser seriously needs a nerf. How about making it so that when you shoot again, the previous laser shot out would disappear, just like in the original game?
Well, I might makes things closer to the original (which includes a "chargeable" Fire Shot and "trigger" system), as that would really set appart Machine Gun and Assault Rifle.

April 29, 2013, 10:12:52 PM
Reply #12

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: -=Super Contra mod (Version 1.1)=-
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
Well, made an update. Changelog in the first post.

April 29, 2013, 11:02:08 PM
Reply #13

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
I love this update, except for the new "trigger" system for the weapons. I actually liked being able to hold down the fire button key. Oh, and it also broke the bots as well so that they won't attack unless they have the machine gun.

April 29, 2013, 11:05:59 PM
Reply #14

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 11:05:59 PM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
I love this update, except for the new "trigger" system for the weapons. I actually liked being able to hold down the fire button key. Oh, and it also broke the bots as well so that they won't attack unless they have the machine gun.
I never cared about bots, though. ¬¬
I can do something about the bots, yeah, but I think it is more important to focus on Player vs Player rather than Player vs CPU or CPU vs CPU