Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Accel's Mods] Scott Pilgrim Released.  (Read 6016 times)

October 28, 2010, 10:53:46 PM
Read 6016 times

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
[Accel's Mods] Scott Pilgrim Released.
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
This topic is not very "Megaman Mods Only Plz" freindly. Just letting you know.

Okay, so, I like skins alot, but I definitely like seeing my favorite characters in 8-Bit form too. But not everything I like is Megaman. So, I'll be making my own mods (Skins AND Maps) that have to do with my favorites outside Megaman. Although, a Megaman Skin may show up every once in a while. Don't expect updates to be often, I'm just a busy highschooler who loves modding, haha. However, do expect me to include a list of Bot Strings with every skin!

Complete/Download/Screenshots:
Click the name to download!
- Skins
Scott Pilgrim
Screenshots
(click to show/hide)
BOT Strings
Some of the script is direct quotes from the comic, just lettin' you know.
(click to show/hide)
First attempt at custom spriting. He's actually just a Megaman edit, so I may actually remake him in the future. And yes, he shoots with his finger. I thought it would make sense for him of all people to do this. lol

To-Do List:
- Skins
Gideon Graves (Oh lord. This is going to be tough, I already can tell.)
Hazama (I might do him next. He seems like he'd be fun to sprite.)
Terumi Soul (Yeah. Two BlazBlue characters. Haha. He seems fun as well.)
- Maps
Toronto (Scott Pilgrim Version. Will include some interesting stuff. No spoilin' til I start working on it though.)
No Name (It's a stage to go with Hazama/Terumi skins. Possibly even RedLantern's Hakumen skin will work here. Haha, I don't know.)

Oh and don't worry, the to-do list probably won't update until I clear atleast 3/4ths of it. So I'm not going to over work myself, haha.

October 29, 2010, 07:09:42 AM
Reply #1

Offline Accel

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: [Accel's Mods] Scott Pilgrim Released.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:09:42 AM »
Sorry about the double post, just a small update.
I decided that what's up next is likely Hazama, but I also decided to release him in a pack of three. I've only completed the A1 frame for the three included in the pack, aaaaand, here's your preview!
NOTE: The Blues and Cyans will be added in the final product.
Other Note: These are actually 100% custom. Oh and I should probably make the second skins eyes more visible. The first one doesn't have shown eyes because the hair covers them, it's intentional.

October 30, 2010, 05:50:53 PM
Reply #2

Offline Kirbu

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 22, 2010, 01:49:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
So I guess he flicks out buster pellets and dust crushers? :p

October 30, 2010, 08:07:04 PM
Reply #3

Offline Accel

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
Indeed, haha. I actually had one other idea for him. Super Scope. But I couldn't figure out how to sprite it, so I scrapped that idea.

October 31, 2010, 05:45:30 AM
Reply #4

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:45:30 AM »
"$player_lastplace you go now. You leave. Begone."

Win!  :p

October 31, 2010, 06:17:04 AM
Reply #5

Offline Accel

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:17:04 AM »
Haha, thanks, glad you like the chat I provided.

November 03, 2010, 07:08:21 AM
Reply #6

Offline Accel

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:08:21 AM »
Ah, double post again, sorry sorry.
I decided to post-pone the Terumi Pack *I may actually just do Terumi first, then Hazama and Unlimited in a pack at a later date*
I'm going to make the BB Map. I was planning on making The Cauldron, but I have a few questions.
1. Is is possible to make a skybox visible in other words, a certian area  of the sky box, from the floor? As in, you seemingly fall into the skybox in a pitfall.

2. How exactly do you do teleports or two floored stages *Like Crystalman's or Mr. X's Wily 5.*

3. Music! I was planning on putting in custom music, but I need help choosing. 8-Bit Awakening the Chaos or 8-Bit Endless Despair?

Oh and what I planned on making the map is, bottom level *Where you'll likely spawn* is a bit wide and open, but there are several clustered areas you can use for cover, and there was going to be a huge pitfall in the middle, with a few little ones around it, but the most cover is found near it. The top floor was going to be an all out, no hiding type of battle field with pillars surrounding it and a pillar in the center.

I should be starting on it tommorrow. I just started with Doom Builder today, so don't expect it to be omfgepic on the first try, but I'll try!

Planned Weapons For Stage: Searchsnake *Open to suggestions*

July 17, 2013, 09:23:43 AM
Reply #7

Offline Eight-Bit

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 17, 2013, 09:09:24 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
download link dosnt work  :( please fix

July 17, 2013, 09:42:58 AM
Reply #8

Offline Tfp BreakDown

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 13, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

• View Profile
    • http://askmagnetman.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »
Hey there, welcome to cutstuff eight-bit, Please do not bump old topics that are 3 years old. If there is a problem with links for skins, maps, weapons, or any other thing in old topics try to pm the author of said topic (chances are they are not around the forums anymore), or try asking some people on here if they have said skin, or any other item. There is no problem reporting broken links on current topics, however bumping old topics is frowned upon here so try and be careful next time. Also to the moderators, I apologize for this backseat moderating here.

July 17, 2013, 07:58:32 PM
Reply #9

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »
It's fine to bump if you're letting someone know their download link is broken, especially if the user is still active.

Welcome to the forums, Eight-Bit. If you need help with anything else, feel free to ask.

July 17, 2013, 08:09:43 PM
Reply #10

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
I'd hate to be that guy, (You know, that guy. No, not thatguy74, just.. That guy.) but it hardly resembles Scott.

July 17, 2013, 11:54:58 PM
Reply #11

Offline Accel

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
Quote from: "Zerokk"
I'd hate to be that guy, (You know, that guy. No, not thatguy74, just.. That guy.) but it hardly resembles Scott.
I don't even have the skin in my skins folder any more because of how shoddy of an attempt this was. Honestly, the hair makes me think more of Roxas than anything, but eh. There's a reason I haven't updated this thread in ages. I'm not quite the best at spriting.

Anyway, I have a Dropbox link, I believe, so I'll get to fixing it for anyone who actually wants this obvious Megaman Edit.
EDIT: Fixed. Also, I have a sprite of Accelerator lying around that I never got around to actually making more than one frame for. I wouldn't mind posting that to the topic, if anyone was interested in more obvious edits.