Advanced Search

Author Topic: Ghouls versus Humans Arcade - MM8BDM Stylized GvH  (Read 4502 times)

May 23, 2020, 06:41:28 PM
Read 4502 times

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Ghouls versus Humans Arcade - MM8BDM Stylized GvH
« on: May 23, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »
Halloween came a bit early this year...
(click to show/hide)

Ghouls versus Humans Arcade

Largely inspired by GvH NES and previous attempts at keeping that mod alive, I felt like there was a demand for some ghouls action. However, previous attempts also ended up feeling a bit lacking in trying to design for and with MM8BDM's maps and overarching design. GvH Arcade aims to take the ghouls design and adapt it better to MM8BDM's environment through various means to push it into being a mod that's more accessible and understandable when compared to other MM8BDM mods.

One such design choice is implementing a daybreak timer for standard TLMS that allows ghouls to keep their iconic high mobility and unrestricted design while also not giving them a win condition for stalling the match out. Similarly, humans have been redesigned to focus on more specialized concepts in the way that more traditional classes might be designed, emphasizing a sense of teamwork for them compared to the ghoul side.

Alongside this goal of accessibility, the in-game menu offers easily viewable change-log menus, class-helps for informing players on how classes work, and various user options to improve the individual's experience such as toggling jump-scares, changing class control schemes, modifying how gore looks, and a death hint system for some added info when you die to a class.

Current Classes
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

Credits
(click to show/hide)

Download GvH Arcade v3a Here!

For any inquiries or feedback, you can contact me at the 8BDM Discord (http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=11354.0).

May 24, 2020, 12:08:23 AM
Reply #1

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: Ghouls versus Humans Arcade - MM8BDM Stylized GvH
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:08:23 AM »
I've expressed this elsewhere, but I think this mod's incredible. It's an undertaking to make GvH work in a MM8BDM environment, but I think this is the most natural it's ever felt. The spirit of both games feel well and alive here, and the new features, classes, additions feel right at home.

Keep up the good work, very much looking forward to playing as Hunter again.

May 24, 2020, 01:10:24 AM
Reply #2

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »
I look forward to catching an active server!

May 24, 2020, 04:54:12 AM
Reply #3

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 04:54:12 AM »
Thanks for Credit Me.

June 06, 2020, 12:50:51 AM
Reply #4

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 12:50:51 AM »
I'm very bad at updating my threads
(click to show/hide)

Ghouls versus Humans Arcade v2bh

Been getting some good reception and feedback on this iteration of GvH so of course it's only natural to continue and add more content. As you can probably figure, that's what these versions do. Brings the reintroduction of Marine for the human side and Choke for the ghoul side. Will be looking to add in more of the older classes as I continue forward, but I figured these two were the most felt absence.

New Classes
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

Download v2bh Here!

For any inquiries or feedback, you can contact me at either the 8BDM Discord (http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=11354.0) or on Discord at Trillster#2887

June 18, 2020, 03:35:01 AM
Reply #5

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ghouls versus Humans Arcade (+ Map Pack) - MM8BDM Stylized GvH
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:35:01 AM »
Introducing a new yet familiar side project,
(click to show/hide)

GvH Arcade Map Pack

There's been lots of talks about how Ghouls versus Humans is best played with its own specialized map pack. While GvH Arcade plans to mitigate this through design, I certainly wanted to open the floor for designing maps around the more interesting or unique aspects of the mod, such as Creeper's small height, the high verticality of most ghouls, or the team orientated nature of the human team. This version of the map pack mainly serves to lay down the foundation of it and introduce the idea of it for future plans. I hope that later on I can open up the map pack and host some events to get some crowd sourced maps or revamps of old maps going, so stay tuned for that!

Maps
(click to show/hide)

Map Credits
(click to show/hide)

Download Map Pack v1a Here!

For any inquiries or feedback, you can contact me at either the 8BDM Discord (http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=11354.0) or on Discord at Trillster#2887

June 18, 2020, 04:52:32 AM
Reply #6

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: Ghouls versus Humans Arcade (+ Map Pack) - MM8BDM Stylized GvH
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 04:52:32 AM »
I'm glad to have an avenue to contribute to this mod now. Looking forward to making something in the near future!