Advanced Search

Author Topic: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE EXPANSION (V3) - V6B COMPATIBLE  (Read 160470 times)

October 05, 2016, 01:02:36 AM
Reply #180

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
Re: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE IS RELEASED (V1)
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
In regards to Power Man's bug, the proposed solution is also used in Photon Man's map to prevent people from sneaking under the rising platforms. As for Plague Man's lack of details, that's because we made the assumption that people wouldn't use chasecam to look at parts of the map that can't be seen normally. We'll probably add basic details so it looks okay, hopefully chasecam users can pardon the laziness lul

October 05, 2016, 01:34:10 AM
Reply #181

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2016, 01:34:10 AM »
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty amazed we got this much done in this short of a time. I'd say it felt like it all happened in the span of months, but it literally did happen in two months aha. I'd say this was one of my best experiences in 8BDM modding. It never really felt stressful or anything, it was just fun from finish to end. From MedalPls emotes in the Discord channel to joking around about Mike being a pit magnet, there were tons of jokes had during development. I'll be honest, I wasn't even expecting to get this medal either. I went into this expansion looking to help revive the scene and I got so much more. Everyone who contributed did a great job, Mendez and Jake pumping out maps, Dimpsy and FTX pumping out skins, and various other contributions made by people like Blaze and Raze.

Thanks to Sonicfam for practically co-leading the project. First person to sign up, allowed me to bounce a lot of ideas off, and responsible for your awesome boss fight. Keeping things going behind the scenes while other contributors made the maps and skins deserves special thanks.

Heh, you surely know how to make messing around with cameras sound exciting. It was great having you as a leader though so thanks. I do actually want to share a bit of the behind the scenes of the campaign boss. So if you were curious about just how many objects are on this small arena, here's a screenshot that should give you a general idea.
(click to show/hide)
So to end this off finally, I guess I'll just say this. I hate octics and moving cameras now aha. I definitely look forward to working again with all of you towards v2!

October 05, 2016, 01:50:09 AM
Reply #182

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2016, 01:50:09 AM »
Thanks Mendez.

Another minor aesthetic comment I have is towards some of the textures; the "blacks" in almost all the textures are actually a very, very dark grey instead of a pure black, while the solid black areas in Charade Man's stage don't use this dark grey color for constancy and cut to pure black.

Shame I didn't really find any opportunities to contribute to MMRF when it was in the works; but then again I'm more of a player and not so much a creator.

October 05, 2016, 02:19:39 AM
Reply #183

Offline Chaosman.EXE

• Standard Member

• Barnacles. That is all.
  • Date Registered: November 04, 2015, 01:47:07 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2016, 02:19:39 AM »
Not looking too bad; we definitely have some weird stage layouts (and I like weird), but just one request... NERF THE CIRCUIT BREAKER, please. Yeah, it depletes ammo fairly quickly but it still more or less ends any confrontation on the spot if your aim is even remotely good.

October 06, 2016, 02:35:02 PM
Reply #184

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2016, 02:35:02 PM »
All of the appropriate maps and skins for the next release have been opened up on the front page

Prioritising Death/Fish/Polar/Justice for now
but may also contain Thrill/Thermo/War/Port depending on people's contributions

moving forward onto non-new content, let's talk weapon balance
Circuit Breaker >>> Removed hitstun
Pulse Stopper >>> Increased hug radius by 16 units

aside from those two I think things are pretty balanced without changes but I'd appreciate comments here or on discord - as always the link is https://discord.gg/bCWw2GK

October 07, 2016, 01:42:38 AM
Reply #185

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• inactive but unforgotten
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2012, 12:49:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:38 AM »
going to try and whip something up for polar man if that's alright, and might try some of the others depending on who's left once i finish him

October 07, 2016, 10:41:28 AM
Reply #186

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• *sregnif sevaelretni* stenet wef a evah I
  • Date Registered: September 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »
Bravo, bravo, bravo. Just some small problems.
-Pulse Stooper uses no ammo while the ring is around you. Maybe drain the ammo while it's up? If you disagree with my suggestion, please give an explanation.
-The two Circuit Breaker shots have a different vertical offset.
-As Superjustinbros said, the blacks are really dark grays. However, two different blacks are used in MMRFCRY whether or not the bottomless pit is under a Crypt Block.

October 07, 2016, 04:37:41 PM
Reply #187

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2016, 04:37:41 PM »
If you disagree with my suggestion, please give an explanation.

It's a tiny radius, like Pharaoh Shot, which doesn't use ammo. I'd consider a Mirror Buster-style 'hold' bar but not more ammo for holding it down. Also it's game accurate atm.

As for Circuit Breaker that's intentional and won't be fixed but the offsets have been more 'regulated' with the crosshair for the next version already

Crypt appears to be a software-only issue, I'll try to fix it tho but it's fine on OpenGl and there's no difference in colour for me

October 07, 2016, 05:30:11 PM
Reply #188

Offline Pegg

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• 【I AM THE MACHINE】
  • Date Registered: September 21, 2016, 03:32:00 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »
Now, after playing through the main campaign, I really only have one issue.

On Shockman's map, the fraglimit is set to 15 (I believe), which is a rather absurd number. The map is quite hard to navigate and can be rather confusing at times. I dunno, it may just be me. All I ask is that the limit be decreased in the next update, if that's possible. I don't know much about how modding works.

Other than that, this expansion was great, albeit a bit short. Good job, guys.

October 07, 2016, 05:54:02 PM
Reply #189

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
I think I've found the core of the Crypt issue.
(click to show/hide)
EDIT: In Shock Man's stage, you occasionally spawn inside the floor.
(click to show/hide)

October 07, 2016, 06:08:26 PM
Reply #190

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »
Shock Man has a high fragcount because it's a large map with a large amount of bots. The fraglimit won't change, but it will feel much much much shorter when bots stop falling in the pits and become immune to the water shocks in the next version meaning you won't lose any frags when your teammates die.

October 08, 2016, 08:32:54 PM
Reply #191

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2016, 08:32:54 PM »
doublepost

JUST BECAUSE ROCK FORCE HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT A WEEK DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T HAVE AN UPDATE POST!! OH YEAH EARNING THOSE MEDALS BABY 👌👀👌👀

Here's the high-walled high-fun War Man from Mendez, who's now rivalling me for 'most maps contributed' award!
(click to show/hide)

The map's looking rather colour-coded... and symmetrical...
Well, based on how the level worked in Rock Force and the textures available to us it only seemed natural for War Man to be playable in CTF too!
(click to show/hide)

As for skins, this latecoming original rebeller finally made it to the party due to the efforts of FTX6004! (and Raze (and I did a bit too))
(click to show/hide)

And making progress on the next set of fusions, this ill-looking gent looks like he's have gastronomical distress... (by FTX, Dimpsy and Blaze!)
(click to show/hide)
...or maybe it was just superspicy curry.

We don't know when the next version will be out (a few of us are tired and taking breaks) but JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS and we'll be sure to update you again soon.
'Til then!

October 08, 2016, 10:13:09 PM
Reply #192

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2016, 10:13:09 PM »
...it only seemed natural for War Man to be playable in CTF too!
Mendez(or anyone else who came up with the idea), I love you.

October 08, 2016, 10:42:04 PM
Reply #193

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »
I'm not sure if the map will play that well in DM since it is about 7900x3300 pixels big, which means this is only really good for CTF or large-scale DM. I'll talk with Max about adding teleporters and more item-2s for non-team modes, but I feel it's important to warn people now that this map is large.

October 11, 2016, 02:34:49 PM
Reply #194

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »
Miscellaneous small updates and texture thingies

When loading the expansion and replacing the teams, all CTF maps will have their Wily logos replaced with this new one Sonicfam made for the Justice League
(click to show/hide)

Shock Man's map will now randomly choose between the original nighttime sky used in the Shock stage and the daytime dam sky used in the intro stage
(click to show/hide)