Advanced Search

Author Topic: [HOTFIX] - King Yamato's Classes Overhaul  (Read 196174 times)

November 05, 2011, 10:43:55 PM
Reply #150

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: Dark 1 and 3 are a different story, for now.
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
Quote from: "Shmeckie"
Er, he has coal shot, too. That was part of my point; he's not a total hugging class because he has a secondary. Cool addition to Charge Man, though!
Coal shot is somewhat inaccurate AoE damage within ~ 64 units of Chargeman that costs half his bar. It's hardly relevant a good percentage of the time.

But did you skim what I said? I didn't say Charge man has "just a speed boost," I said the speed boost of his alt simply amounts to yanking you forward while pressing mainfire, and what I'm proposing for Dark Man 2 is an ammo-consuming speed boost similar to when Skull Man successfully goes into hypermode.
Which people will use the same way they use the charge. Basically, nothing different, just a different way of doing it.

...Although part of my complaint was that I thought you meant "dash" when you really meant "haste". Please try to be specific when you say things like this...

What are you talking about, I haven't done anything but address the overgeneralized terminology Cold here decided to place everyone in.
I'm generalizing because your descriptions made them sound like the same exact freaking thing.

I've addressed this time and time again, and it's getting a mite bit frustrating that no one feels the need to read half of what I say. I'm going to say it all one more time, and I'm going to use bullet points to make it skim-friendly.
Alright, maybe I can see something good in this.

Dark Man 2
- Mainfire: Dark Man Wall. Would block projectiles if they hit the wall. In fact, with the lack of a buster, the reflective properties that were removed from Dark Man 4 could be given to Dark Man 2, since he doesn't have a buster to reflect back on himself, giving him a personal edge. Does hug damage, as well, possibly more than Dark Man 4 to compensate for the fact that he can't fire the shield (or shoot with it up, like Dark Man 4 can), but would consume ammo to balance it out.
It's not like the reflection actually helped Darkman4 much anyway. You'll have to make the shields a bit bigger to get it to work.

- Altfire: Speed Up. If you remember, in the original game, as he took damage, he'd run at you faster. This can be implimented one of two ways: either have his speed increase as he loses health (more technically accurate, but cumbersome), or what I'm suggesting, where pressing altfire kicks in a temporary speed boost (in a similar vein to what Skull Man gets when he goes into hyper mode), at the expense of a chunk of his ammo, which would be shared with the shield. This adds strategy to using him, as you can use the boost to get in your opponent's face and tear them apart with the Dark Man Wall, but doing so will come with a risk, as you'll lose your Dark Man Wall sooner than had you not used it. Much riskier against high defense/HP enemies. Could also be used without the Wall as an escape tool.
This may be my cynical side speaking, but this will basically be used as Chargeman's main fire, minus the innate radius damage.

OR, perhaps the speed boost could be switched on and off, and when switched on, it consumes ammo at the same rate as the Wall (or possibly slightly more), so leaving it and the Wall on at the same time would cause your ammo to plummet, making playing Dark Man 2 a game of balancing your speed-up and your barrier attack.
Basically like Chargeman's charge meets Iceman's jets IMO.

- Weakness: Crystal Eye. It went through his barrier, if I recall correctly.
k

My thoughts: OK, I might have short-changed this class a little, but it still looks pretty similar to Chargeman to me.

I understand that, but let's not forget there is a degree of that here, too. Bright Man never threw flash bangs, after all. But, I see where you're coming from, which is why my suggestion stays in the realm of what he did in-game.
I still say we should make 1, 2, and 4 the same class, but that's just me. *shrug*

November 06, 2011, 02:03:44 AM
Reply #151

Offline Shmeckie

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2011, 07:22:04 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cloudscratcher.com
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2011, 02:03:44 AM »
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
Coal shot is somewhat inaccurate AoE damage within ~ 64 units of Chargeman that costs half his bar. It's hardly relevant a good percentage of the time.

Not really. Great for hitting enemies above you. Especially good for taking out Quint.

...Although part of my complaint was that I thought you meant "dash" when you really meant "haste". Please try to be specific when you say things like this...

Not all of us think in RPG terminology, especially when referring to a FPS.

I'm generalizing because your descriptions made them sound like the same exact freaking thing.

If you misinterprited, that's your problem.

This may be my cynical side speaking, but this will basically be used as Chargeman's main fire, minus the innate radius damage.

Charge Man's mainfire can only speed up his forward momentum. A speed boost like that would speed him up all around, including strafing, without forcing him forward at all times.

ICEMAN'S JETS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! [/Morbo]

Quote from: "Chimera Man"
It's all up to the developers. Period.  :geek:

That's a little condescending, don'tcha think?

November 06, 2011, 02:13:49 AM
Reply #152

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Re: King Yamato's Classes Overhaul (Full NES Release)
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »
Listen, I'm not speaking on the mods behalf, but you have to understand. The reviewer is not always right. Even if you have an idea that you think is great, but none of the developers think it is. Tough luck. You can give your opinion, but that doesn't mean they have to follow it.

November 06, 2011, 02:19:54 AM
Reply #153

Offline Shmeckie

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2011, 02:19:54 AM »
I never said they did, now did I? Just giving an idea that a few people didn't even give more than a glance to before disregarding it, and addressing that while constantly needing to repeat myself again and again because of the aforementioned skimming.

Though Chimera's recent posts have been notably condescending, though...

November 06, 2011, 02:21:30 AM
Reply #154

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »

Quote from: "Chimera Man"
It's all up to the developers. Period.  :geek:

That's a little condescending, don'tcha think?

When I see comments like that, I can't help but think you aren't really understanding how aggressive you are being over the matter. If they don't want to include it, then they aren't going to do it. No matter how much you try to argue your point.

November 06, 2011, 02:26:23 AM
Reply #155

Offline Shmeckie

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
I do believe you're reading too much into commenting on one's comment, my good man.

I wouldn't have to be so "aggressive" if I didn't have to keep repeating and clarifying myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

November 06, 2011, 03:16:29 AM
Reply #156

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2011, 03:16:29 AM »

ICEMAN'S JETS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! [/Morbo]

Right click to turn them on, which drains ammo while active.
Right click again to turn them off.

You're right, that's totally not what you said your idea was. I'm sorry, I'll have to read more carefully from now on. [/bittersarcasm]

November 06, 2011, 03:31:18 PM
Reply #157

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
I do believe you're reading too much into commenting on one's comment, my good man.

I wouldn't have to be so "aggressive" if I didn't have to keep repeating and clarifying myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Um, you're kinda starting to troll here... I think I'll just inject my own opinion now...

The speedboost will be used the same as Chargeman's - to get closer, and to escape. The fact that it would be all-round makes it far better than Charge's though.

May as well make his shield reflect, I mean, it'll work SOMETIMES like when Megaman throws that charged up atomic fire

Coal shot is bad, and I think XvX was trying to concede before this got aggressive.

November 06, 2011, 08:47:04 PM
Reply #158

Offline TheBladeRoden

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 14, 2010, 07:26:58 PM

• View Profile
    • TheBladeRoden's Home Page
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
Where is KY anyway?

November 09, 2011, 01:49:48 AM
Reply #159

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »
Quote from: "TheBladeRoden"
Where is KY anyway?

He left, I think.

November 10, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
Reply #160

Offline Chimera Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 05:19:33 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Quote from: "Daveris"
Quote from: "TheBladeRoden"
Where is KY anyway?

He left, I think.

King Yamato still lives through our hearts.  :cry:  /cheesy

Expect a release soon enough.

November 10, 2011, 04:34:28 PM
Reply #161

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2011, 04:34:28 PM »
I noticed a recurring bug through these classes mods that also appears here... bots run out of ammo and then just circle around you. This problem is also present in Yellow Devil's classes (though not for long now since it's apparently fixed in the next upcoming update) and the CSCC classes (except Beed28's bot, mine to be exact, which not only has infinite ammo but also cycles through all four attacks).

November 10, 2011, 07:44:04 PM
Reply #162

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
It's not a bug, most classes regenerate ammo through not firing, and bots really only know how to shoot until they can't shoot anymore, IE die.

November 10, 2011, 08:56:06 PM
Reply #163

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »
On that same subject, as far as I know, both versions will fix that problem. That means Classes Bot Apoc will get a bit harder from that!
 :cool:

November 10, 2011, 08:57:37 PM
Reply #164

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2011, 08:57:37 PM »
May all worship Toad Man :D. But yea seems like all the classes are fixing up bots so I don't see why these shouldn't.