Advanced Search

Author Topic: Stardust's Workshop  (Read 187076 times)

March 27, 2014, 05:37:53 PM
Reply #150

Offline beta

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 21, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop (The Saxton Hale ++ domain)
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »
WHO IS THAT!

March 27, 2014, 05:41:23 PM
Reply #151

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
I censored his name, so you shall not know. :V

March 28, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
Reply #152

Offline Legtendga

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 21, 2010, 09:47:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2014, 12:48:56 AM »
Quote from: "Stardust"
Mass killing would be impossible .__.
Wait, since when is this the goal of a rage? You cannot mass kill with Falcon's rage, nor Ninja Spy's, nor Christian Brutal Sniper's, nor Ra Thor's, nor Hale's. (That is to say a time slowing rage woulkd take less time to build). The point of a rage is to get you out  of a bind, thus why it uses hits; to gauge how much of a bind you're in. If you want devastating rages, then a switch to damage based rage build may be worth consideration.

March 28, 2014, 06:45:33 AM
Reply #153

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2014, 06:45:33 AM »
This is Za Warudo, consider a lv2 rage (2 times more ragefeed needed). Should be at least useful. And by slowing down, it's like, really easy to dodge, it's not even threatening anymore
By being able to move, you can just Rush Coil at the end to dodge them even more easily.

Also LEGTENDGA I saw the server crashed once when you were Buster Rod G in IDM11 - Crystal Mine, do you remember of anything that happened? (Hyper Storm or Mega spec'd, there was hale telefragging or something...)

March 28, 2014, 11:01:57 AM
Reply #154

Offline Legtendga

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
If you slowed them down to .1 or .25 speed, it'd likely still be useful enough. Also, you only get Rush Coil about 60% of the time*.
*figure based solely on experience

It was kinda out of the blue. I had fired the rod at a survivor, he was turned tword a doorway firing Crash Bomber(?) at HyperStorm. I was mid-air when it happened, he was on the ground; no idea what HS was up to. Nothing terribly odd at all, really. That's all I've got. :/

March 28, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
Reply #155

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2014, 02:23:40 PM »
If Rush isn't present, a single Item1 is enough to jump over the knives. These 9 seconds of freezing aren't that long, and except if one survivor is left, the hale would like to frag several guys (this is the same for any hale anyway : Lemon Storm, Starstorm gamma, Morshu giant bomb, hyper dash... all of these rages are able to kill several opponents, so why not trying to do so). If they're able to move, pretty much only the last targets might get killed as they'll have less time to dodge ; however the first players Dio aims for will have enough time to move, by using any mobile/jumping items :I

Strange 'cause this map never had any issues and it's not the first time Genesis crashes the server. I'm pretty sure there's something about the trio hale system which cause a glitch, I'll investigate on it.

March 28, 2014, 07:15:38 PM
Reply #156

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2014, 07:15:38 PM »
Quote from: "Stardust"
a single Item1 is enough to jump over the knives.

Another thought
Couldn't you technically block the knives with item 1 instead of jumping over them?
Combine that with the warning, people should switch to item 1 in an attempt to live from the rage.

March 28, 2014, 07:32:31 PM
Reply #157

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
Exactly ; I didn't think about it but the blocker Item1 (a.k.a trolling items if you time them right), can pretty much let you alive without much trouble. But if you're just slowed down, it's not even needed as the knives' way isn't like that large. I'd advise rather to nerf the hale's abilities when freezing time, instead of buffing the survivors'. I also do that to keep Za Warudo really like a "time-stopper" attack. If I reduce the freezing time, freezing delay, or hale speed, is that okay?

March 28, 2014, 08:07:45 PM
Reply #158

Offline MrL1193

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 25, 2013, 05:50:14 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »
I wasn't aware that Item 1 could block the knives, but even if they can, I don't really see how that would save you. You can't completely surround yourself with them, and like I pointed out earlier, Dio can aim where the initial spread of knives goes (meaning he can try to throw them down into you from above, perhaps even standing on your Item 1 platforms--which aren't quite as tall as you are anyway, I don't think).

Anyway, I already suggested making the warning a really big deal that no player could possibly miss and increasing the delay before it actually activates. That way, not only does it give players an actual chance to get away and hide, but it also forces Dio to be more careful about when he uses the rage. As it is now, Dio can just use the rage when players are close and he'll be fine, but if the delay is long and the warning is clear, he has to account for the possibility that a player who is very close by might decide to just go kamikaze on him with the Top Spin/Slash Claw/whatever powerful weapon is available and take off 500+ HP in exchange for getting killed.

I also think it might help to make the delay before the knives start moving again just a tiny bit longer so that it's actually practical to use the Exit Unit to escape. That way, the last survivor doesn't have to just warp before the freezing takes effect and pray they end up far enough away.

March 28, 2014, 08:24:13 PM
Reply #159

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »
Come on MrL, are you serious, you just creates one of your three item1, jump on it, and jump again when the knives are about to go. What's so hard about this? Even without item1, moving is really enough to dodge a small swarm of knives. Which seems easy enough to escape for a doublecosting rage. Even the last survivor can do Item1 creations to survive this and if he fails he just has to use Exit Unit.
There's already a warning actually for all the hales, I'm not sure what else is needed if a big flashing red text on the screen isn't enough...
I already said I'd increase the delay. If you want the players to rape him when he's about to cast Za Warudo... I'm not sure what's the aim. I mean, you wanted the survivors to survive, right? That's the opposite...
Ok for the longer delay after the knives moving.

March 28, 2014, 10:58:11 PM
Reply #160

Offline MrL1193

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 25, 2013, 05:50:14 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
Actually, I was talking about the version where you're totally frozen; I didn't realize that you were seriously considering the Time Slow-esque rage. Just allowing players to move would definitely help.

If we're still talking about the total time stop, though, I don't think giving the survivors a clearer audio and visual cue at the moment the boss player hits the alt fire button is unreasonable, nor do I think giving them more than 3 seconds to run away is too much. The bit about going kamikaze was just something I noticed would become a viable alternate strategy if the delay were lengthened, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

With regard to the Item 1 use (assuming we're talking about the current rage, with the total time stop), I already outlined some ways the Dio player can counter such strategies. The most obvious one is to just jump and use Time Switch to get high enough to knife an airborne player (though you only have time for one Time Switch), but you can also stand farther back when you throw the knives so that when time unfreezes, the knives won't actually reach the survivors until they've fallen back to the ground.

March 28, 2014, 11:21:17 PM
Reply #161

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
Quote from: "MrL1193"
If we're still talking about the total time stop, though, I don't think giving the survivors a clearer audio and visual cue at the moment the boss player hits the alt fire button is unreasonable, nor do I think giving them more than 3 seconds to run away is too much. The bit about going kamikaze was just something I noticed would become a viable alternate strategy if the delay were lengthened, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

With regard to the Item 1 use (assuming we're talking about the current rage, with the total time stop), I already outlined some ways the Dio player can counter such strategies. The most obvious one is to just jump and use Time Switch to get high enough to knife an airborne player (though you only have time for one Time Switch), but you can also stand farther back when you throw the knives so that when time unfreezes, the knives won't actually reach the survivors until they've fallen back to the ground.

This, I added it. There's a voice clip and 3 seconds before the time get frozen now. And it got even closer to Dio Brando's Warudo in the meanwhile.

March 29, 2014, 03:06:35 PM
Reply #162

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 14, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »
Speaking of ways to get around player escapes, you could probably stop exit escapes if you manage to put knives near all the spawn points. (since the exit unit always takes you to these spots)

I like that you added a 3 second preparation time where players know the rage is gonna happen. It feels more fair and I might hear less whining when I play.

March 29, 2014, 03:38:59 PM
Reply #163

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »
Quote from: "OtakuAlex"
if you manage to put knives near all the spawn points. (since the exit unit always takes you to these spots).

Challenge accepted :V
In the current version --v1g-- there are 2 seconds, but no audio cue. It's planned to have Dio say ZA WARUDO! when he's about to freeze time ; and TOKIWO NO TOMARE (I suck at wapanese, it might not be the correct quote) when the time actually freezes.

March 29, 2014, 11:58:22 PM
Reply #164

Offline Legtendga

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2014, 11:58:22 PM »
Alright, sounds better, but 4 or 5 seconds shouldn't be too much to ask.